PDA

View Full Version : Massive upgrades planned for this winter/spring

iTurbo
12-14-2015, 08:49 PM
I've been collecting parts for my Caliber SRT and am just about ready for the big jump now that my warranty has long since expired and the car has been paid off years ago. It's nothing too serious as I'll still be using the stock turbo, but I hope to get the car closer to 350 WHP in the end.

So far I've got:
Brakes: New plain rotors from NAPA and Hawk HPS brake pads all around.
Intake: Needswings
Intercooler: AGP Turbo (4.5" thick bar/plate core!)
BOV: Needwings with HKS BOV and BOP (although I plan to use an adapter with the TurboXS RFL instead)
Exhaust: Needswings cat-less downpipe(s) with cutout
PCM: RealTune MS1K
Tires: Pirelli Cinturato P7 245/40/19 to replace the stock Goodyear F1 225/45/19.
Gauges: Dual Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauges
Pods: dual steering column pod and single A-pillar pod from GizmosRetrofits (now Inline Carbon)
Stereo: later model Chrysler RER touch-screen Nav unit to replace stock REC Nav unit (kinda on the fence about this).

Also "Driver Mod" from Neil Emiro...

Right now the car only has Mopar MS1 PCM, an "SRT" grille badge from a Charger SRT, and a shorty antenna (ha!). I'm still looking at buying a set of BC coil-overs and some Enkei wheels, but I'm kinda tapped out right now until tax refund time.

Chris W
12-14-2015, 09:03 PM
I've been collecting parts for my Caliber SRT and am just about ready for the big jump now that my warranty has long since expired and the car has been paid off years ago. It's nothing too serious as I'll still be using the stock turbo, but I hope to get the car closer to 350 WHP in the end.

So far I've got:
Brakes: New plain rotors from NAPA and Hawk HPS brake pads all around.
Intake: Needswings
Intercooler: AGP Turbo (4.5" thick bar/plate core!)
BOV: Needwings with HKS BOV and BOP (although I plan to use an adapter with the TurboXS RFL instead)
Exhaust: Needswings cat-less downpipe(s) with cutout
PCM: RealTune MS1K
Tires: Pirelli Cinturato P7 245/40/19 to replace the stock Goodyear F1 225/45/19.
Gauges: Dual Aeroforce Interceptor scan gauges
Pods: dual steering column pod and single A-pillar pod from GizmosRetrofits (now Inline Carbon)
Stereo: later model Chrysler RER touch-screen Nav unit to replace stock REC Nav unit (kinda on the fence about this).

Also "Driver Mod" from Neil Emiro...

Right now the car only has Mopar MS1 PCM, an "SRT" grille badge from a Charger SRT, and a shorty antenna (ha!). I'm still looking at buying a set of BC coil-overs and some Enkei wheels, but I'm kinda tapped out right now until tax refund time.

Jeremy,

We offer a turbo upgrade for the Caliber SRT-4. We are still waiting on your call regarding the connecting rods. They are going off sale very soon.

Chris-TU

iTurbo
12-14-2015, 09:40 PM
PM sent Chris.

supercrackerbox
12-20-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm curious to see how this all works out for you. Also let me know what you think of the performance and fitment of those tires.

iTurbo
12-21-2015, 12:51 AM
First thing I gotta do is make some garage space. Yeah, not going to be easy...

I'm going to do the brakes first. I've actually hated the brakes on this car since shortly after I bought it (new). There has been a pulsating feeling coming through the pedal (and entire car) for most of the time I've owned it. Sometimes it is so bad that it downright shudders hard upon braking from high speed. As far as I've been able to figure out, it's because the stock Mopar brake pads suck. Hopefully the new NAPA rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads will fix that.

2nd will be the tires. I got these on clearance for about $95 a piece from TireRack. Unfortunately they are no longer on clearance and are now priced at nearly $225 a piece! If you need tires, shop around and wait for a good deal. The stock tire size (225/45/19) is rather uncommon and good deals are nearly impossible to find. However, the 245/40/19 size is more common and better deals can be found if you wait and look long enough. I *almost* bought Nankang NS-20 tires from DiscountTireDirect for $97 a piece (with free shipping), so I feel lucky that I found these Pirelli tires when I did...I bought five of the Pirelli tires and it appears I bought the very last reman'd CSRT wheel from Rock Auto for a spare (road trip insurance). Who knows if they will come back in stock, but finding a spare CSRT wheel was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Especially considering how popular aftermarket wheel upgrades are for these cars.

I'm anxious to install the RealTune MS1K (recently updated 91 octane version), but it's too damn snowy out to do it right now. As far as the power upgrades I'm hoping to do them all at once (intake/intercooler/PCM/exhaust) later this spring at a local friends garage.

After all this is done, I'd like to get BC coil-overs and the Enkei wheels. A larger turbo would be next, and it sounds like TurbosUnleashed has an option for that when the time comes. I'll be super happy with a reliable 340 whp though.