PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust to go with on my Z

Jasmeleg08
10-03-2006, 11:36 PM
I want to upgrade my exhaust alittle bit from stock. Right now I just have the stock '88 Shelby Z T2 stuff. Nothing special. I mean it sounds ok but I don't know I want something more performance than just the stock stuff. I was thinking of just a 3" no cat (we don't have e-check where I live) side exit behind drivers door. Is it possible to make is shoot out a flame without sparkplugs in the pipe? How loud would a stock DP to a 3" system be? Do you guys have any sound clips of your set ups?

Murphy
10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
3" DP to a cutout to the stock system hehe, stock exhaust to an open downpipe in the flip of a switch

ShelbyZD
10-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Upgrading a little bit is going to a 2.5" exhaust.. or for the cheap among us (me) gutting your stock converter and chopping off the exhaust where the 1 7/8ths" axle pipe connects just before the rear axle.

This will give you a very loud turbo whistle a fairly (but not overly) loud exhaust note with some v8'ish rumble. Forget about a BOV - flashing your turbo whistle at someone is way cooler. ;)

BadAssPerformance
10-23-2006, 01:32 PM
3" with an Oval Dynomax Race Magnum is VERY civil until you whoop on it :thumb:

Devsdaytona
10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
I find I'm kinda getting tired of the loud side exit in my ear, it's ok some times, but the novelty tends to wear a bit, since in the summer, it is my DD. If you can afford to go 3 inch or 2.5 out the back, it would be nicer. As for a cutout, can't it get a little heavy?