PDA

View Full Version : meth/water injection tanks

Turbo Joe
10-28-2015, 07:23 PM
ok looked around a little but figured I would ask those that already go thru the track inspections about the meth/water tanks. do you tell them its windshield washer fluid or methanol mixed with water? Is your holding tank mounted inside the vehicle? Looking for as much first hand knowledge as I can get. I have no room for a tank under the hood that is a decent size so I want to install the holding tank inside the hatch/trunk for the space .

c2xejk
10-28-2015, 07:44 PM
I mounted mine where the charcoal canister was. Never been asked about it. It is 50/50 alcohol/water so it is considered not flammable...

Turbo Joe
10-28-2015, 07:53 PM
I mounted mine where the charcoal canister was. Never been asked about it. It is 50/50 alcohol/water so it is considered not flammable...
hmm my breather tank is in that spot...but considering a 50/50 mix is called not flamable then the tank in my hatch shouldn't be an issue??

csxtra
10-29-2015, 12:22 AM
Joe,

A one gallon gas can fits in front of the left wheelwell of a CSX, under the battery and behind the core support. Put in two bulkhead fittings, one on top for filling the tank and one on the bottom for feeding the pump and the only visible part is the fill tube. In the 5+ years I had mine setup like that, I never had a single question from track tech about it, and I ran straight methanol with no problems.

It worked great until I removed the alky kit and replaced it with a 2 gallon gas can reservoir for my air-to-water setup.

johnl
04-06-2016, 08:47 PM
In the GLHS, I use the rear window wiper tank as a fill point for 50/50. It drains down into the spare tire wheel well where I have a 75 foot roll of 1/2" poly drip hose serving as the reservoir. That loop is wound around the spare tire and holds maybe two gallons. The pump is in the center of the spare tire; it is mounted to a round aluminum plate that is held down, along with the spare, by the spare tire hold down bolt. The 50/50 line runs to the front of the car inside the driver side "frame rail" to the front of the car, exiting at the front of the driver's side wheel well. I'll never run anything richer than 50/50 since the reservoir is inside the car.