PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Numbers matching '89 Turbo Caravan!

R/T
10-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Date: 02nd October 2015
Username: R/T
Full Name: RacinTracy
City, State, Zip: Cincinnati, Ohiya 45238
Selling or Wanted Price: $1,500.00

Offered For Sale: *Numbers Matching* 1989 Dodge Caravan SE TURBO!

The story:
On January 18, 1989 Frank Simon walked into Glenway Dodge on Cincinnati's West Siiide! and spent $17,520.87 on a brand new Dodge caravan. But this was no ordinary Caravan - this was a "J" code with the factory 2.5 turbocharged engine! :hail:

The Caravan would be Frank's trusted friend for many years... Fast forward to 2014: Frank is now elderly, and the Caravan needs work - His Children decide that the Caravan should be sold... They even think about having it towed away to a junkyard!!!! :yuck:
Then Frank's Daughter remembers a strange guy that had asked her to sell the Van months before, and contacts him...

They contact the esteemed collector of Turbo Mopars, a Man with 20 years TM experience, with both Drag Racing and Car Show wins, a deal was struck, knowing the J code went to a good home..

The Collector spends the next year working on the Van, reviving it to OE specs, and now it's time to move on...:nod:

The Details:
All stock, including the *J code exclusive* dual tip factory exhaust! :love:
Less than 130,000 miles have traveled under the sturdy 14" steel wheels since new. The peppy 2.5 L Turbo engine is mated to a smooth shifting (recently rebuilt) A413 automatic transmission. Recent upgrades include a rebuilt head, new oil/filter/plugs/cap/rotor/timing belt. Runs just fine!

Frank was a Teamster, so the Van reflects his Blue Collar work ethic, and features limited power options, reducing weight and power losses. The interior is comfortable blue / grey cloth, and included in the sale is the hard to find 3rd row bench seat! 6 friends can ride along!! :cool:

Also included in the sale is a large envelope with 28 years of maintenance receipts, the window sticker and all sales paperwork.
Don't miss this rare opportunity to own this rare, all stock Turbo Caravan! :clap:

masterjr33
10-03-2015, 12:45 PM
hiya. long time reader.. im actualy on TD.com. I didn't realize I had register on here still.

It would cost about 580-700$ to have that van shipped from ohio to jacksonville florida. 32218.
I am willing to buy it. and pay you. 2100$. to get it here.
I dont care if it is driven down and you fly back or take a train.
or put it on a shipper.

http://www.uship.com/community/stories/uship/97099/Shipping-car-from-Ohio-to-Florida/
but before we did that i would need a few more pics. to verify any rust issues from driving around.

or you could drive it down.. approx 1000 miles.. 24 MPG on highway.
41 gallons.. 2.50$ gallon would be about 100$ in fuel.
and fly back.. 220$ or so for a one way from jax to ohio.

its about a good long day drive.

let me know. i been looking for a van. if you want to work with me on this.
And i have cash.

masterjr33
10-03-2015, 12:50 PM
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/f30/f77/994913-whats-florida-near.html

mopar-tech
10-03-2015, 03:18 PM
or you could drive it down.. approx 1000 miles.. 24 MPG on highway.

24 with an auto? More like 17.

Had a turbo-van, filled it many times. 24 with a stick yes. Auto no.

R/T
10-05-2015, 10:43 PM
Dang!!! :confused:

I'm baaaaaaack!!! :lol:

Well..... I really can't deliver it, as work might frown on me being gone for a few days... I'm out of vacation time - And then how would I get back home, lol! :confused2:

Anyway - I'll get more pics of the rust issues, that confuses me, as the paint is still pretty good all over the van.

Driving wise: steering is fine, brakes are good - suspension could use an upgrade as it's kinda floaty. Engine / trans are fine, quiet, and it shifts without any flare between gears. It needs motor mount rubbers.

Updates to come soon.... :clap:

2.216VTurbo
10-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Great FS write up Tracy, top ten of all time:amen: Thread got a little weird after but that does tend to happen on the forums;)

R/T
10-07-2015, 11:45 PM
Great FS write up Tracy, top ten of all time:amen: Thread got a little weird after but that does tend to happen on the forums;)

Can ya tell I watch waaaay too many Barrett - Jackson auctions?? :eyebrows:

R/T
10-08-2015, 12:00 AM
Sorry for the horrid pics, but here ya go...

I like to think of it as organic weight reduction.... :p

Floorboards are solid, paint shines.. Also has a new radiator.

masterjr33
10-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Thank you for the additional pics. I am still interested . and still have cash.
2,100$ . if it shows up in my driveway using any logistics scheme you want. that is your asking price. +600$ which is about what it will cost to ship using the link i sent you. If i have to set up the shipping and sort it out. my offer will go down. I would rather put cash in your pocket then deal with it.
I have enough going on with my concrete pool leak. and dish washer that tried to flood the house. My mothers physical rehab. My wifes neurological surgery.

mopar-tech
10-08-2015, 08:53 AM
cut-jib-newsletter

R/T
10-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Thank you for the additional pics. I am still interested . and still have cash.
2,100$ . if it shows up in my driveway using any logistics scheme you want. that is your asking price. +600$ which is about what it will cost to ship using the link i sent you. If i have to set up the shipping and sort it out. my offer will go down. I would rather put cash in your pocket then deal with it.
I have enough going on with my concrete pool leak. and dish washer that tried to flood the house. My mothers physical rehab. My wifes neurological surgery.

I'll take that into consideration, thanks!

turboshadow
10-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Stop spamming this for sale thread with your delusions of a world filled with cheap rust free turbo minis. :focus:

Rrider
10-12-2015, 01:17 PM
Don't know much about rust but I do know I haven't seen one of these for sale in LA for a long time. V6's seem to be a dime a dozen, several available any given week on the list of Craig.

masterjr33
10-13-2015, 12:14 PM
Just because you live where everything rusts in half doesn't mean it's like that everywhere, he got a fair offer on that rust bucket and everyone talked ---- to the guy...

yup...

you guys have a crazy amount of trolls here.

making me weary of working with anyone on here. this will be last post.
find me on the other Turbododge site…

I am trying to source a guy at my work to take a long weekend and fly up/drive back and pocket 300$ for doing it for me. Message me over there if you wish to contact the only person in this entire trolled filled post that made an actual offer on the vehicle..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lPJ9J-6vDw

Force Fed Mopar
10-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Let's keep this civil and on-topic guys. FS threads are not the place for bashing or arguments over opinion, either use the lounge section for that or message them privately.

R/T
11-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Sold!!!!