PDA

View Full Version : TIII 5 angle valve job

boostedmopar
09-21-2015, 11:39 AM
The head I just picked up looks to be a fresh valve job. Question is my other t3 head has ti retainers. So when I take both heads in and have the ti retainers swapped would it be beneficial to get a 5 angle done?

Turbo224
09-21-2015, 11:41 AM
It totally depends on what your goals are and your budget. The stock heads flow well enough for 400+ hp. If you are looking for more power, or have deep pockets, you may as well do it while the head is at the machine shop. :)

rx2mazda
09-21-2015, 11:57 AM
The head I just picked up looks to be a fresh valve job. Question is my other t3 head has ti retainers. So when I take both heads in and have the ti retainers swapped would it be beneficial to get a 5 angle done?

Do a three angle valve job and be done with it. If anybody ask you what you've done to head, just say "TI retainers and a 5 angle valve job". :thumb:

boostedmopar
09-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Thanks I didn't see the benefit to do so.being my power goal is 400hp I could see if port polished head cams etc then I would say spend the money on it...
I think I got a awsome deal on this complete head with exhaust mani with turbo and intake mani.

Ondonti
09-22-2015, 06:33 AM
3 angles might be just fine if those angles actually compliment the port shape and direction. I had a valve grind on a head that made me want to puke when I felt the last angle. I had them hand blend out the floor.