PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap

DEADMANSTURBOS
09-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Im coming into an engine swap from my 2.2 turbo to a 2.5 turbo complete with turbo intake etc. Anything I need to know about the 2.5 and will this bolt in with no issues? its going along with y 568 trans previously posted about what clutch to run but not looking to drag so just need a plain clutch nothing fancy i see myself swapping later down the road when i have real $.

2.216VTurbo
09-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Read your post twice but still need more details to answer for ya, what is the donor car, what year, is the 2.5 complete and running, or just longblock or? Physically, the 2.2 and 2.5 are the same dimensions except for the oil pan and either clears any K frame but there can be issues depending on what parts you are using from your 2.2. For instance the water pump housing won't clear the common block 2.5 oil pain rails (without nothing or spacing) if you are using your old 2.2 accessories. What ECU are you using, in what chassis etc. Manifold differences, downpipe differences Garrett to Mitsu turbo etc. So my advice is if you want thorough answers from this group, be specific with your question and what you are starting with.:thumb: