PDA

View Full Version : Any Consuliers in/around Atlanta?

9milphil
08-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Just wondering if there are any around Atlanta or the SE? Looking at one again, but would like to see if any are around. Would love to check out.

Thanks!
Phil in Atlanta

just to not be a first post asking to meet up....which is weird- I get it. I am from Atlanta, i pray Ole Miss has a good year, I watch a lot of LeMans racing, raced club level superbikes for 12 years(some AMA a longtime ago), Road Atlanta is the best place on earth, I have 2 little girls that take up most of my time, current project is a 87 635csi with a euro turbo motor and an E55 AMG-K.... Wife rocks a minivan and I like questionably ugly 80s cars :-)

thanks!

2.216VTurbo
08-09-2015, 09:39 PM
As first posts go Phil, I'd have to say that's a top 5. Nicely done:nod: I'm no rabid fan of the GTP's like some here are but the rest of your story rings with me. I too have raced RA (1995 One Lap Of America) and also think it's the worlds greatest track(at least it was until Spring Mountain opened in Vegas a couple years ago:eyebrows:). I still ride as well although I've moved to an old Man's Ducati Multistrada SS from CBR's of years past. Welcome to TM.com:)

9milphil
08-10-2015, 07:28 AM
I love me some Road A. I was fortunate enough to start riding there when gravity cavity was still there and the bikes still ran 12 and 3... Super dangerous, but super fun.
if you get a chance- Barber Motorsports is pretty cool. Doesn't have the straights that Road A offers but it is a lot like a roller coaster, and rewards technical riders- and the museum is awesome!
if I could fit into a set of my leathers, I might do a track day but I haven't riden in about 4.5 years, so not sure I could still get it done...... I like to think I could :-)

Reaper1
08-10-2015, 02:41 PM
There are a number of Consuliers in the SE, but if I'm not mistaken they are almost all in Florida. Closest one I can think of is in Orlando.

MPI_duster
08-11-2015, 07:15 AM
There are a number of Consuliers in the SE, but if I'm not mistaken they are almost all in Florida. Closest one I can think of is in Orlando.

not feeling the love...I'm in Ocala now. Also, there is one in VA, NC or SC...Matt's brother has it there.

9milphil
08-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Thanks guys- who is in SC and NC? any ideas? I tend to get there a good bit more than FL- where there are understandable more examples.... Ill let you know what I find out. Ill hit johnny up, he knows where everything is ;-)

Johnny
08-11-2015, 09:38 AM
One in Texas...its electric.
One in pheonix.
One in WI
One in OH
a few in Florida
One in Alberta Canada
Two in Oregon
One in KY
One in MD

2.216VTurbo
08-11-2015, 10:41 AM
One in pheonix.
One in WI
One in OH
a few in Florida
One in Alberta Canada
Two in Oregon
One in KY
One in MD

At least one in CA, I saw it a couple months ago...

player1up
08-11-2015, 10:43 AM
not feeling the love...I'm in Ocala now. Also, there is one in VA, NC or SC...Matt's brother has it there.

Aaron is in bowling green KY.

Phil, I think you're on the right track asking Johnny. Google maps says Aaron is the closest that I know of and that's still almost 5 hrs away.

Are you looking for the common issues list or looking for something for comparison?

Reaper1
08-11-2015, 02:39 PM
not feeling the love...I'm in Ocala now.

I'm sorry...LOL :lol: I lived in Ocala from 1984-1990. Last time I went through there it hadn't gotten any better!

168glhs1986
08-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Just wondering if there are any around Atlanta or the SE? Looking at one again, but would like to see if any are around. Would love to check out.

Thanks!
Phil in Atlanta

just to not be a first post asking to meet up....which is weird- I get it. I am from Atlanta, i pray Ole Miss has a good year, I watch a lot of LeMans racing, raced club level superbikes for 12 years(some AMA a longtime ago), Road Atlanta is the best place on earth, I have 2 little girls that take up most of my time, current project is a 87 635csi with a euro turbo motor and an E55 AMG-K.... Wife rocks a minivan and I like questionably ugly 80s cars :-)

thanks!

Welcome Phil from Atlanta. This is Mike from Maryland.

If your ever in the DC area drop in for a visit. My GTP needs two axles right now as for some reason I keep snapping them at the race track :wow1:

GTP#44
08-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Phil has a 9mm.and is looking for Consuliers….don't tell him where mine is...

player1up
08-12-2015, 09:55 AM

That's ok, I think Consulier's are bullet proof :lol: They are part Kevlar after all.

One in pheonix.
One in WI
One in OH
a few in Florida
One in Alberta Canada
Two in Oregon
One in KY
One in MD

I can think of 9 in FL off the top of my head and that's not including any of the super secret storage ones or raptors / intruders.

2.216VTurbo
08-12-2015, 10:49 AM

No, I think he has 9Million dollars and wants to buy a few more Consuliers:eyebrows:

bfarroo
08-12-2015, 01:30 PM
One in pheonix.
One in WI
One in OH
a few in Florida
One in Alberta Canada
Two in Oregon
One in KY
One in MD

there are 1 and 3/4 in WI Johnny!

GTP#44
08-12-2015, 03:30 PM
No, I think he has 9Million dollars and wants to buy a few more Consuliers:eyebrows:

Oh ,well that makes sense also….

Phil, not to be mean ….but just because you want a Consulier does not mean you can get one ,where are you going to find one for sale…?

A non Consulier question I am looking at a 2016 Transit with an Eco Boost what do you think so far…?

player1up
08-12-2015, 04:37 PM
I was wondering if there was one for sale somewhere but I didn't want to ask in fear of triggering a bidding war if it was a closet deal.

168glhs1986
08-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Mine is always for sale. It's about double the last GTP sold on eBay thou. Worth every penny.

Johnny
08-13-2015, 10:20 AM
I am sure any Consulier is for sale if the offer was high enough...even my targa. But I don't need or want to sell it.

MPI_duster
08-13-2015, 04:36 PM
I would agree, it would just take a lot for me to give mine up.

jacob mosler
08-13-2015, 04:47 PM
Welcome Phil from Atlanta. This is Mike from Maryland.

If your ever in the DC area drop in for a visit. My GTP needs two axles right now as for some reason I keep snapping them at the race track :wow1:

the stock motor mounts dont hold the motor from moving lateral too well when driven real hard on the track especially if you are running sticky track tires. The lateral movement can do funny things to the axles and cv joints. email me and i can send you some pics of how we add supports. mosler.jacob@gmail.com

bfarroo
08-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Double to tripple the stock HP doesn't help either!

9milphil
08-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Ha! Didn't know there were replys here! Never got a notification - sorry about that!
9mil=10mil minus 1.... That was the road racing days sucking me dry.
i used to collect things that go bang- I guess that's where the name came from- ironically my race number was 11.

i run across one for sale about once a year- it's the condition you can't be picky about!

Thanks for all the replys- I will definatly take a look at my travel schedule over the next bit and see where I end up. I really want to inspect driveline mounting and some other specific parts. And ride in as I don't really remember much of the trip it was so long ago.

thanks again!

MPI_duster
08-14-2015, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all the replys- I will definatly take a look at my travel schedule over the next bit and see where I end up. I really want to inspect driveline mounting and some other specific parts. And ride in as I don't really remember much of the trip it was so long ago.

thanks again!

I've got a complete sub-frame assembly on the ground, out of the car i could send you some pics of if you want.

9milphil
08-14-2015, 09:29 AM
I've got a complete sub-frame assembly on the ground, out of the car i could send you some pics of if you want.

Absoulutly! Phil400@att.net

Reaper1
08-14-2015, 10:40 AM
the stock motor mounts dont hold the motor from moving lateral too well when driven real hard on the track especially if you are running sticky track tires. The lateral movement can do funny things to the axles and cv joints. email me and i can send you some pics of how we add supports. mosler.jacob@gmail.com

While that car certainly can put some MAJOR side loading forces on the drivetrain, that's not where he broke them (not saying it didn't contribute, however). He broke them (both...at the same time) going straight!! ;) :thumb: