PDA

View Full Version : Turbos/Intercoolers: Wanted: stock intercooler mounting brackets

iTurbo
08-08-2015, 09:54 PM
I need a set of the brackets to attach a Mopar "Indy" intercooler to the new TU radiator I have.

GLHNSLHT2
08-08-2015, 10:07 PM
I don't know about the TU rad but the Indy i/c attached to my stock T2 ic brackets. Do you not have a set of brackets at all? I could look through my stash and see if I have an extra set.

iTurbo
08-08-2015, 10:58 PM
I have a set from a GLHS and a Shelby Lancer to try out. I've tried the GLHS ones first because the Indy IC appears to be identical to the stock GLHS IC externally. The upper bracket looks like it will fit fine, but the lower doesn't. The mounting nuts on the TU radiator are in the wrong spot. I can overcome that with some flat steel and a drill though. I will try the SL intercooler brackets next. I'm trying to find brackets so I can avoid having to cannibalize the SL or GLHS radi/ic setups I have.

In a nutshell, I'm replacing the stock rad/IC in my Shelby Lancer with a TU radiator/Indy IC combo for the 16v project.

4 l-bodies
08-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Jeremy,
As you've found out the GLHS brackets have been modified by Shelby to fit in L-bodies. The P-body top bracket is unique too. I think I ended up using H/G/J body bottom bracket on my CSX-T TU radiator install and stock Shelby P-body for the top bracket.
Todd