PDA

View Full Version : P body back glass

135sohc
08-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Inquired about a rear window with defroster grid. Told there were none to be had at one installer who checked both of their suppliers. Anyone sourced one recently ?

krut
08-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Try calling Migrant Glass. 301-429-8730
They're usually helpful.

cordes
08-08-2015, 01:19 AM
I got one from a member at SDAC 24. That doesn't help you a ton, but there may be someone in your area who has one? They aren't that bad to pull if you've got a bit of time on your hands.

ATaylorRacing
08-09-2015, 06:14 AM
I used 20711 zip code for a search on the following site and found lots available.
http://www.car-part.com/

135sohc
08-09-2015, 09:15 PM
I should better specify what I am getting at.

I have a very clean rear hatch, as in ZERO rust on the bottom lip and its overall pristine minus the spoiler holes and being that ugly *ss aqua green. It has a piece of OEM glass with the defroster grid that is also likewise clean and pristine. To properly paint this thing and give it the absolute best chance of lasting by seam sealing and rustproofing it after painting the existing piece of glass needs to come out. I am hoping for the best but anticipating the worst so I want a piece of glass on hand should it be necessary. I would rather not deal with used glass however should it come to that I can.

cordes
08-09-2015, 09:36 PM
I can almost 100% assure you that you won't break the glass while removing it. Take your time and you'll be fine. I've never broken a windshield or rear window while removing it. Once it's out of the car and in the garage however...

Ondonti
08-19-2015, 04:12 AM
I can almost 100% assure you that you won't break the glass while removing it. Take your time and you'll be fine. I've never broken a windshield or rear window while removing it. Once it's out of the car and in the garage however...

You have some things to teach a few of us here....especially Reaper1 :o

cordes
08-19-2015, 08:55 PM
You have some things to teach a few of us here....especially Reaper1 :o

Just use the wire style tool from HF and really take your time. It is a great help to have someone else working one side of the tool. Once you get that wire hot it cuts very quickly.

turboshad
08-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Instead of getting it hot use copious amounts of WD40. That was the best trick I ever learned trying to cut glass urethane.

cordes
08-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Instead of getting it hot use copious amounts of WD40. That was the best trick I ever learned trying to cut glass urethane.

I'll give that a go next time. Thanks for the tip.