PDA

View Full Version : 87 Lebarn turbo convertible takes down tuned Camaro

TheSteve
08-02-2015, 07:34 PM
So I work with a guy who is a total gearhead....and he is also a buffoon. Nice guy but talks more knowledge than he actually knows.

Anyway he has this 90 something Camaro that he has sunk about $25k into to ran on the strip. he also uses it to drive to work sometimes and does stupid dangerous stuff like donuts in the employee parking lot and running over speedbumps and pretending he will run people over.

He HATES Mopar and laughed at my Sofia (my Lebaron) saying its junk and he could beat it in his Camaro in giving me a 500 foot headstart.

So we both leave work and there is a stoplight and I am at it with the roof down listening to AC/DC when he pulls next to me and challenges me to drag.

Now I LOVE Sofia but I know theres no way a stock Lebaron turbo convertible with an automatic can beat this strip car. However, I want to get him off my back so I say sure.

Right before the light turns green, "Thunderstruck" blasts on my stereo (its like my theme song). The light turns, I floor it, he floors it.......

200 feet later he blows his damn engine LOLOLOLOLOLOL and I soar past him giving him the finger. I mean literally it blew up his hood actually got all bent out of shape I have no idea what happened.

The car is now junk. $25k out the window. All because he had to show off.

cordes
08-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Wow, that's one way to win a race! It's not often that you get to be the agent of comeuppance, but when it happens it's glorious.

Was he running nitrous? That's about the only thing which I can think of that would blow up the hood like that. I guess he could have badly grenaded the clutch too.

Stock Lebaron 1, ran back when Camero 0.

wheming
08-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Nice indeed.

acannell
08-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Lebarons forever!!!!

So when will you find out what happened to the camaro engine?

83scamp
08-03-2015, 12:43 PM
This is so typical of guys that like to think they are gearheads... Karma sucks sometimes...

If you really want to frost his @ss, ask him if wants a re-match in his daily driver....:eyebrows:

85glht
08-03-2015, 05:54 PM
So when will you find out what happened to the camaro engine?

Indeed! I want to see pics of what's left of his engine!

Great kill! I love it when a loudmouth gets shut up!

2.216VTurbo
08-03-2015, 07:44 PM
I think the real question here is, why is Sofia stock:evil:?

black86glhs
08-03-2015, 08:52 PM
I think the real question here is, why is Sofia stock:evil:?Because he doesn't beat on his women?

TheSteve
08-04-2015, 12:35 AM
update:
The buffoon actually ran his nitrous to beat my stock turbo LeBaron WTF LOL that blew and the engine block cracked, the clutch exploded and his radiator split in two.

He also wrecked his transmission!! OMG LOL that car had like $25k in it and he literally has no savings omg.

I cat imagine what caused all that damage. anyone have any ideas im genuinely curious.

cordes
08-04-2015, 12:51 AM
If all that happened I'm thinking he had to have miss shifted or just plain over revved to the moon. I don't see how it could have done that much damage to everything at once from just the n20.

Spycker
08-04-2015, 01:17 AM
videos ?

83scamp
08-04-2015, 05:42 AM
update:
The buffoon actually ran his nitrous to beat my stock turbo LeBaron WTF LOL that blew and the engine block cracked, the clutch exploded and his radiator split in two.

He also wrecked his transmission!! OMG LOL that car had like $25k in it and he literally has no savings omg.

I cat imagine what caused all that damage. anyone have any ideas im genuinely curious.

I'm certainly no expert in nitrous, but from what I've read, hitting it too soon is way worse than hitting it late. It can cause insane cylinder pressures if you don't have the mix right, and hit it at the right rpm. Sounds to me like he hit the button too soon...

TheSteve
08-04-2015, 11:12 PM
videos ?

i was too busy driving to video it as i assumed he would just easily beat me.