PDA

View Full Version : Changes

BadFastGTC
08-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Hello my Friends! I am posting to let you all know I need to change machinists due to timeliness of work. The story is long and I'll save you the details beyond these, my current machinist and I are close friends, but when it comes to business, I have had enough. I cannot provide any sort of completion time to you guys because my work just sits for months on end waiting for him to get to it. I cannot tolerate this any longer. I appreciate how patient everyone has been with me. I have begun the search for a new guy and have to find someone who will provide the same level of quality, but with much more priority to complete my jobs. I will continue to use the current shop until a few tests are given to other shops. I will then determine costs/benefits and go from there. Again, thank you all for your patience!

Shadow
08-01-2015, 10:27 AM
I totally hear where you're coming from and can relate to this 1000%!

Good machinists seem like needles in a haystack and because of that they always seem swamped with endless work that they can never keep up with. The flip side seems to be if you want it faster from a shop that keeps their deadlines you always end up with a lower quality job :(

Good luck my friend! I hope you can find that rare in between who is capable of Both. :)

BadFastGTC
11-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Update: I talked at length with the machinist today while checking a problem. The conclusion is I will be going to work on a part-time basis at Krimes Racing Engines. Ron is apologetic as to time frames getting to our needs. So, we will see what transpires as times goes by. I will still be doing all of my stuff first and can come and go to the shop as needed. Pretty sweet deal!

cordes
11-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Well, it sounds like that worked out pretty darn well.

wheming
11-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the update Steve.
I was getting ready to contact you to see where we stand.
Do you think you'll make Cecil?

BadFastGTC
11-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the update Steve.
I was getting ready to contact you to see where we stand.
Do you think you'll make Cecil?

I will be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it sounds like that worked out pretty darn well.

I thought so. I can now be a constant reminder of how long our stuff sits and he needs to get at it!

DaveSkrab
11-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Congrats Steve! I have something for you to take a peek at next weekend.

Ondonti
11-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Seems like the best possible solution, plus I think you won't mind being there. Any thoughts to learning some of the processes he does for yourself?

contraption22
11-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Congrats Steve! I have something for you to take a peek at next weekend.

It's usually a pretty cold day at the track. Might not be the best time for you to do that.

turboshad
11-09-2015, 02:47 PM
It's usually a pretty cold day at the track. Might not be the best time for you to do that.

It's just a little thing Mike, not a big deal at all.

DaveSkrab
11-09-2015, 09:47 PM
You got it!