PDA

View Full Version : New Turbopalooza date - Nov. 11th, please read!!!

R/T
10-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Men;

Admins, we need a sticky!!!

Went to Edgewater Friday; they are having a *new* 2 day bracket event - November 4th and 5th.... :banghead:

So- Turbopalooza 2006 will need to be Saturday, November 11th, with a rain date of November 19th...:faint:

This is something new for them on the schedule, sorry for the inconvenience!!!

R/T; OVC Minister of Information ;)

BadFastGTC
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Now with the new date and Cecil being the same day, the conflict will leave me out of Turbopalooza. I was planning to be there on the 4th. Can't pull off the two places at once deal!

Men;

Admins, we need a sticky!!!

Went to Edgewater Friday; they are having a *new* 2 day bracket event - November 4th and 5th.... :banghead:

So- Turbopalooza 2007 will need to be Saturday, November 11th, with a rain date of November 19th...:faint:

This is something new for them on the schedule, sorry for the inconvenience!!!

R/T; OVC Minister of Information ;)

mw6886
10-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Uh, TurboPalooza 2007?

I was hoping to not have to wait a year to go to it?

---FIXED NOW

Reeves
10-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Cecil the same day? Dammit!! :(

Clay
10-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Hmmmm interesting problem. Should we move Turbopalooza up a weekend (oct 28?)? This would give 2 weeks between events.

clay

Mike_Shepard
10-04-2006, 03:40 AM
Well I'll be there regardless hehe

GLHSKEN
10-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Can't move it up. Not running saturday then

sexygomer
10-04-2006, 09:11 PM
would it be a sin to move it to Tri-state then, that is the last weekend they are open for the year...and it's better traction. Granted, we all wont get to whoop on as many ricers then. but hey, just a suggestion

Reeves
10-04-2006, 10:35 PM
The 18th is a test-n-tune saturday at E-water.
Tri-State doesn't haven't anything on their schedule past Oct. Are they even open in November?

:banghead:

Anonymous_User
10-05-2006, 02:20 AM
October 14th and 15th is the final days this season for Tri-state.

If you ever get together there, I'll be there!!

Outside of Turbopalooza, is anyone interested in meeting up at Tri-state on the 15th?

sexygomer
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
i know tri-state isn't open in november at all, but i though they went up until the last weekend in oct., damn. :mad:

1qk4dr
10-05-2006, 02:01 PM
I just hope Turbopalooza will not be on either the 14th,15th, and 21st of this month(Oct). Those are my only days I got booked in the next two months. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Clay
10-06-2006, 11:41 AM
ahhhhh you guys are killin me! At first I didnt care what day Turbopalooza was on, 4, 11, 99, who cares, right!? well now I asked the wifey last night about her cousins wedding, which was in Nov......... yeah, you freakin guessed it, Nov-freakin-ember 11! :mad: Son-of-a-freakin-&*$@)#!

well Im going to try my best to get out of it. I dont care much for that part of her family anyway.

clay

3Bar_Mopar
10-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I dont care much for that part of her family anyway.

clay

http://www.joink.com/homes/users/cooke/ohhschnap.gif :lol:

briceturbosports
10-09-2006, 01:36 PM
i was going to come but with del val same day its hard to do both crap :(

Dave
10-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Kool, I'll request off for that weekend. Are we sure this is the solid date, then?

I'm puting in my new torque converter soon so I'll be able to make it down.

skinnye
10-13-2006, 11:40 PM
I'll try and make it if I don't work, I just moved to lexington and have'nt run into any other turbo dodges besides a few srt's. I have'nt lived here long enough to know that track even existed. Hope I can come out and get to race with some fellow turbo dodges.

GLHSKEN
10-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Were you at clay city the other night??? Shadow with Ic piping under the rad support??

skinnye
10-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Were you at clay city the other night??? Shadow with Ic piping under the rad support??

that would be me, I was having some issues that night could only hit a 14.87 as my best, I put a cutout in and hit overboost with the boost turned all the way down, spent the rest of the night trying to get my boost set right again. Best time for it was a 14.62 at the southern mopar shootout at clay city.

GLHSKEN
10-14-2006, 11:28 AM
LOL.... Funny how boards bring folks together. Reeves was there driving his Mom's red SRT 4. ran 12's. Saw you and didn't get to hook up. If he had, your issues would have been resolved. Please make it a point to get to 'Palooza. Festivities at my house. We can answer your questions.

Reeves
10-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeap, I saw your Shadow there. Mentioned it to Ken I think that night. Mom's SRT-4 was the only red one there and the only one with roadrunner stickers on the wing!

skinnye
10-14-2006, 04:53 PM
so I take it your the one with the 10 second omni everyone keeps telling me about. Each car event I go to, everyone tells me about this 10second omni, I was talking to a guy I think you were pitted near and he told me to go talk to you but I was busy and frustrated with how i wasted my money on the cutout, he was running an old mopar don't remember which one, real nice guy he took me out in brackets first round at the mopar event. Are you guys in lexington by any chance?

Mike_Shepard
10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
LOL Reeves I seen this video posted today on Columbus Racing, Nice run do you remember when it was?

http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1274292940

Also Has any decision made to weather or not this will be a 2 day event? and are there any hotels near I thik I am rounding up a few columbus guys and we'll all head down togeather

GLHSKEN
10-15-2006, 10:24 AM
It was in columbus forget the event. The vette owner "sam" made a big scene regarding the pure race Omni. Basically called the omni a "ringer". James bought him a piece of cake at Hooters...

Skinnye... The cut-out was not a waste. I made 22ft lbs (341) and 11 hp (291) more on the Dyno with one. That was with an ill tuned car.

Mike_Shepard
10-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Okay cool it sounds like it was about a year ago.

csxtra
10-15-2006, 02:05 PM
It was in columbus forget the event. The vette owner "sam" made a big scene regarding the pure race Omni. Basically called the omni a "ringer". James bought him a piece of cake at Hooters...

The video was from the Dunlop Neo Fest (or whatever it was called back then) in 2004.

The guy in the 'vette was none too happy to lose to the Omni...he even photoshopped a timeslip to make it look like he ran faster than James earlier in the day, then posted it on the Columbus Street Scene board (?I think that was the name of the board?). Unfortunately for him, the timeslip he photoshopped was one of him running against Joe O'Connor. Joe posted the original, and the 'vette guy had a heaping helping of crow to eat to go with the cake.:nod:

Back to the original topic, who's coming to 'palooza?

Reeves
10-15-2006, 02:43 PM
that would be me, I was having some issues that night could only hit a 14.87 as my best, I put a cutout in and hit overboost with the boost turned all the way down, spent the rest of the night trying to get my boost set right again. Best time for it was a 14.62 at the southern mopar shootout at clay city.

What kind of cutout?

Mike_Shepard
10-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Im comming

skinnye
10-15-2006, 09:16 PM
What kind of cutout?

just a cheapy summit 2.5inch one, I have a stock 88 engine so it has the lightweight rods, so I don't boost over the stock fuel cut cause I don't want my rods blowing through the block and I currently have a stock pcm. I turned my boost all the way down and opened the cutout on the first run, hit 5lbs of boost at first and than it spiked like crazy and hit fuel cut so I coasted the rest of the way down the track 18second ftw. So I went back in the pits and closed the cutout, and spent the rest of the night trying to get my boost set :(

20w/ashelby
10-16-2006, 12:31 AM
I'll be there in my neon. Once again I don't have a running Turbo car. I'm 99% sure aaron(8Valves) is coming with me. Time to beat on the car while the warranty is still in tact.

Dave
10-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Man, the biggest problem is going to be how to afford all that gas down there and back. I really want to come hang out with you guys. I've hardly ever done that and I've been on here for years. :(

EDIT: IF... big IF, I can 18MPG it'll probally be around $70 in gas. Not as bad as I thought, I guess.

Ken, is it okay if my rookie-a$$ stays at your house?

sexygomer
10-16-2006, 10:24 PM
this guy will be there, i'm not sure what i'll be running yet though. probably my '85 lebaron, but only time will tell. :thumb:

turboshadow
10-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I'll be there in my neon. Once again I don't have a running Turbo car. I'm 99% sure aaron(8Valves) is coming with me. Time to beat on the car while the warranty is still in tact.
Yes i love the neon. How much stuff are you going to take off of it this time:D

skinnye
10-16-2006, 10:54 PM
do you have any more pics of your shadow? I'd like to take some pics of yours with my 88 shadow two door. heres a link to it. www.cardomain.com/id/skinnye1

turboshadow
10-16-2006, 10:57 PM
sure http://www.cardomain.com/ride/625541
mine is kinda rough it needs a new fender now and some paint but it was well worth the $50:nod:

skinnye
10-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I remember seeing that on there a long time ago, I can't wait to come on the 11th, my car has some underbody rust and quite a few scratches but with a 2megapixle camera it looks mint.

stampederunner
10-17-2006, 12:23 AM
I just started a new job so time off might be hard to do right now. If I'm off you better believe I will be there! I might even get my cousin to bring his glh-t

20w/ashelby
10-17-2006, 02:38 AM
I think the neon might stay together as long as it can run in the 15's that way. It has an SRT-4 exhaust, TD parts cold-air, strut bar and a tach now. Of course the speakers will come out before the trip begins. And I will most definitely have all the necessary tools to strip off a couple hundred pounds. If I have time I'll bring tools to take off the rear bumper. And SC wheels and tires for the front for gear and grip. I'm thinkin a 15.90 is possible in street trim.

R/T
10-17-2006, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=skinnye;86586]just a cheapy summit 2.5inch one, I have a stock 88 engine so it has the lightweight rods, so I don't boost over the stock fuel cut cause I don't want my rods blowing through the block [QUOTE]

TurboShadow's 14.17 second 88 has stock rods, we run 16 / 17 lbs boost with many passes and no kaboom yet..... :p

In a lighter weight automatic car they can take more abuse, it seems. :thumb:

R/T
10-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Back to the original topic, who's coming to 'palooza?

Are YOU?!?!? :lol:

mo' parts
10-17-2006, 05:50 PM
im hoping to make it, thinking of driving the glh there. need to run it before i start changing things. lol
mike, maybe you can follow me?? ive got about 500+ miles on it, other than a bouncy idle, im ok. need to get the exaust opened up a bit more..... and get a small kink out of the oil drain back from the turbo... should be accomplishable:) matter of fact, i better get on it right now:thumb:
soo many things to do..
Ken, maybe you can help fine tune the glhs stage 2 for me;) i have a 5th injector, just need a zener :D
sorry guys, im amped! been without a car and internet for a few months now. lol

csxtra
10-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Are YOU?!?!? :lol:

Just like America, F:D :D :D Yeah!!!

As long as I can keep my head from lifting and blowing the coolant out the overflow (happened again on the way home from the track that night...I happened to go past Raceline just as everybody was leaving...he he he).

Luckily, it sealed up again, but I don't think she'll take much more of that...

contraption22
10-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Just like America, F:D :D :D Yeah!!!

As long as I can keep my head from lifting and blowing the coolant out the overflow (happened again on the way home from the track that night...I happened to go past Raceline just as everybody was leaving...he he he).

Luckily, it sealed up again, but I don't think she'll take much more of that...

Sounds like you need some ARP studs or bolts!

csxtra
10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Sounds like you need some ARP studs or bolts!

Mike (or is it Hashmir?)

Thanks for the advice, but I've already got ARP studs, (you think it might be time to re-check the torque?)...the problem is really detonation (bang bang bang) at over 29 psi of boost. Luckily, the cometic has re-sealed twice after lifting the head.

I'm not sure how much over 29 psi, all I know so far is that I'm seeing 5V output from my 3-bar map sensor. I have to get my 0-100 psi transducer scaled correctly in my datalogging software, so I can really know where I am (ie, how much is "all of it" really?). Then, I will lower the boost and slowly raise it, making sure I have the fuel I need to be safe. Then let the fun begin. :evil:

Warren

stampederunner
10-18-2006, 01:38 AM
im hoping to make it, thinking of driving the glh there. need to run it before i start changing things. lol
mike, maybe you can follow me?? ive got about 500+ miles on it, other than a bouncy idle, im ok. need to get the exaust opened up a bit more..... and get a small kink out of the oil drain back from the turbo... should be accomplishable:) matter of fact, i better get on it right now:thumb:
soo many things to do..
Ken, maybe you can help fine tune the glhs stage 2 for me;) i have a 5th injector, just need a zener :D

If I come I have plenty of zener diodes in the glove box. Don't need them because of my new 3-bar cal. so you welcome to have them!

GLHSKEN
10-18-2006, 08:03 AM

We can give her a look see. Even have a stage II LM with zener'd map we can test with.

mw6886
10-18-2006, 08:19 AM
I will be there. Just in case we are keeping count. I believe you can also include MadMike and Ray in that as well.

GLHSKEN
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Cool. No count necessary.. Great you are coming. Pool table and pinball machine ready

Dave
10-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Ken, is your driveway gonna be big enough? :eyebrows:

Mike_Shepard
10-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Okay it looks as though I'll be there obviously but I need to know if it is still a single day thing so I can plan for an Hotel. And im trying to geather up the locals and come as a group

Dave
10-21-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm out now. Can't make it anymore.

Clay
10-21-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm out now. Can't make it anymore.

just because you dont have a car now (sorry about that by the way) doesnt mean you cant come.

GLHSKEN
10-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Driveway is big enough... Semi-private street. It's always been a one dy thing, but it spills over to Sunday as well... Heck.. it's bench racing at my place if the weather is bad.

Omniboy
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Nov 11th is still the date? Count me in. Hopefully I can bring the E85 GLHS out. I will also try to get mrmopar66 (Brian Barger) out in his T2 50 trim omni. Should be a low 12 high 11 car but we just got it together and have more tunning to do to it yet.

Clay
10-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Dont be a piker!! You better show up!! :thumb:

Nov 11th is still the date? Count me in. Hopefully I can bring the E85 GLHS out. I will also try to get mrmopar66 (Brian Barger) out in his T2 50 trim omni. Should be a low 12 high 11 car but we just got it together and have more tunning to do to it yet.

Omniboy
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM
You know me. Hey did you buy a road runner around August sometime? it was a 1970 B5 blue one

Clay
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
I wish! Ive still got my 69, but no sweet 70 B5! One is better than none though!

Reeves
10-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Damn John, ain't seen you in forever. Hope you make it!

I think I'll be running my truck. Never ran it yet and the OMNI still has a cracked header. Mom's SRT has a slipping clutch, so it's out too.

1qk4dr
10-26-2006, 02:37 PM
James what type of clutch is in the SRT-4?

Reeves
10-26-2006, 04:09 PM
stock

skinnye
10-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Damn John, ain't seen you in forever. Hope you make it!

I think I'll be running my truck. Never ran it yet and the OMNI still has a cracked header. Mom's SRT has a slipping clutch, so it's out too.
:( I really wanted to see the omni run

sexygomer
10-29-2006, 03:40 PM
joey (1qk4dr) found out that Tri-state is open the 4th and the 11th http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8551

GLHSKEN
10-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Edgewater is a nicer overall track... That is why we choose it.

Skinnye. The omni will be up again next year.

mario03SRT
10-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Edgewater is a nicer overall track... That is why we choose it.

Skinnye. The omni will be up again next year.

Ken,

Come over and stop this oil leak and I'll bring out the 89 Daytona Shelby to the event. James said it might be my cam seal.

Marion

mario03SRT
11-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Ken,

Come over and stop this oil leak and I'll bring out the 89 Daytona Shelby to the event. James said it might be my cam seal.

Marion

Just kidding. I ordered some parts and will have it there. JR will show me a trick or 2.

Marion

sexygomer
11-01-2006, 10:11 AM
heck marion, if that's you we coulda done it real quick on saturday...i'm sure i have an extra seal layin around...lol

mario03SRT
11-01-2006, 10:15 AM
heck marion, if that's you we coulda done it real quick on saturday...i'm sure i have an extra seal layin around...lol

Sunday on my way to Florence it appears the the cam seal pooped out. Big Time. I've been trying some PCV/vent changes and I made a bad move it appears.

Marion

1qk4dr
11-01-2006, 10:33 AM

I'm going have to agree. He also has a extra Daytona Body laying around if you need one.

mario03SRT
11-01-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm going have to agree. He also has a extra Daytona Body laying around if you need one.

1qwk4dr,

I bought a fender and a door on Sat. :D and a radio, headliner, mirror.

At the time it wasn't leaking or at least not that much. If I knew it then I would have been super glad to have yours or sexy's help. I'm a DOHC kinda guy and have swapped some cams in the day and have put in seals but always like to have an experienced hand take me through the timing process to be sure and give me the shortcuts/trix etc on a diff motor. But overall I'm stoked over the car. It drives real nice and it is pretty peppy also. I love the smooth shifting A555 it feels like it has shifter bushings in it. My SRT has a dumptruck GB it seems and the shift is "notchy" in comparison but it is tough and can take some torque.

Marion

R/T
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
1qwk4dr,

I'm a DOHC kinda guy and have swapped some cams in the day and have put in seals but always like to have an experienced hand take me through the timing process to be sure and give me the shortcuts/trix etc on a diff motor.

Marion

Clamp timing belt to sprocket with a vise grip.

Take bolt out.

Slide sprocket off.

loosten cam

Slide new seal on

reverse process for assembly.... :p

mario03SRT
11-01-2006, 03:46 PM

Take bolt out.

Slide sprocket off.

loosten cam

Slide new seal on

Seems easy enuff.

peteknoll
11-04-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't know how I've missed this post until now. I was just going by the calendar which still has tomorrow as the date. I've added a couple of entries in case there is anyone else as observant as I who has waited even longer to double-check.

P.S. Any plans on a Caravan....I mean caravan from Columbus?

Pete

GLHSKEN
11-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Didn't happen. No one had the time to "plan" the caravan.

Mike_Shepard
11-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Pete, I know myself and adam Mo'parts and possibly a couple others are going your more than welcome to come along.

We are leaving at about 8:30 and going to BW3's before we get to the track

gimme a call 614-282-6504

skinnye
11-05-2006, 11:54 PM
A few folks from www.homemadeturbo.com are planning on heading out there that day as well. I'm excited, I hope the track hooks I've never raced there before

mario03SRT
11-06-2006, 10:44 AM

Take bolt out.

Slide sprocket off.

loosten cam

Slide new seal on

R/T,

I got er done this weekend and drove it 265 miles this morning. :thumb: It purred at 75 the whole way. I have a small inlet oil line leak now.

I outta make the meet.

Marion

Mike_Shepard
11-06-2006, 12:46 PM
well after posting some 15.4 times last weekend I hope to break into the 14's this weekend

R/T
11-06-2006, 02:24 PM
For those needing track info;

www.edgewaterrace.com

To find us;

Go through front gate, bear right, follow fence line till it ends - look for Turbo Mopars!! :thumb:

Mike_Shepard
11-06-2006, 02:59 PM
SO is it 15 to race? I dont wanna do the bracket racing.

Looks like this is the current weather scheduale
http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/tenday/45002?from=36hr_topnav_driving

1qk4dr
11-06-2006, 04:13 PM
November 11th is test n tune at edgewater so there will be no bracket racing.

Mike_Shepard
11-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Ahh yea I see that now. I was looking at the header page not realizing the dates we're wrong

R/T
11-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Local weather guy says 66* Saturday with 30% chance of showers as of Monday nite.... :)

Mike_Shepard
11-07-2006, 12:00 PM
good ole Ohio weather is awesome. Lets hope for 66 and sunny light to moderate clouds

1qk4dr
11-07-2006, 12:40 PM
I hope that the weather is good all weekend because I'm going on a SRT test drive and drifting show probably Sunday.

ray944s
11-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey Ken......might wana make sure you have gas in the grill this time!!!!!

GLHSKEN
11-07-2006, 07:52 PM

LOL That's what I have kids for....(that can drive!!!) Will do. only have one tank. I prefer to run it dry... But hey I'm into TD's!!!

Looking for some good pinball and pool action after the track... Place is shaping up...

Reeves
11-08-2006, 12:14 AM

LOL That's what I have kids for....

Man! What are you feeding those kids???

R/T
11-08-2006, 08:57 AM
And everyone remember; don't let rain keep you home!!! :grouphug:

In case of bad weather, the INDOOR GO CART TRACK is just a few miles from Edgewater - it's a BLAST, up to 30+MPH 1 inch off the ground!!! :thumb:

1qk4dr
11-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Is anyone interested in this-http://www.ridedrivewin.com/ I get these letters from dodge and ford every now and then for car events. The kewl thing is I have time to go to one. I'll be going at 9-1 on sunday the 12th. If you register you can pick 2 srt vehicles(ex 300, Viper, SRT-10 Ram, etc) to drive around their close track course in Kings Islands Parking Lot. There will be a drifting show also. Please throw a name in to the pre registration for the fact they probably want to know how many people they need to accommodate for. The event is free btw. I'm not sure if there is a parking charge though. I think it would be fun morning or day. If you really want they also are having it on Saturday 9-1. This would be a fun event before Turbopalooza!

skinnye
11-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I just preregistered for the event on saturday at 9 to 1, so I'll go there first and leave for edgewater around 11 something to be there in time for racing. Thanks for posting this I always wanted to do something like this:thumb:

1qk4dr
11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Kewl, tell me what it's like if you get to go on Saturday. I'll be the guy without a Dodge to drive to Edgewater. No motor installed:(

By the way you can get to edgewater in about 40-45 minutes from Kings Island so you don't have to be in a hurry if racing starts at 1.

skinnye
11-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Kewl, tell me what it's like if you get to go on Saturday. I'll be the guy without a Dodge to drive to Edgewater. No motor installed:(

By the way you can get to edgewater in about 40-45 minutes from Kings Island so you don't have to be in a hurry if racing starts at 1.

I like getting to the track early to let the car cool down:thumb: but yeah I'll let ya know right now looks like i'm going by myself looks like fun though I want to do the jeep off road thing, you don't get to drive the srt vehicles though its just the regular street cars I beleive and a professional driver can take you out in either an srt8 jeep, srt10 viper, or a srt8 300c, and they have an off road course for the suvs

1qk4dr
11-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Ahh, I guess I was looking forward driving a Jeep SRT-8 and maybe a viper. A ride in one is good still.

R/T
11-09-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm in for Sunday AM, sweeet!!! :thumb:

mw6886
11-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Lookin like rain on Saturday... :(

R/T
11-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Then I kan kick yer Ace on the go cart track.

Again...... :D

R/T
11-09-2006, 02:00 PM
The cart track is in Lawerenceburg, Indiana - almost across the street from the Argosy Casino, RT. 50, about 6 miles from E water.

Link:

http://www.competitionracing.net/index2.htm

Big fun! :number1: :rockon:

1qk4dr
11-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Ok I found the cost, I'm still hoping for the weather to be good but this sounds like fun.

Purpleskunk
11-09-2006, 02:35 PM
if all goes well tomorrow the laser might make a rather not-so-legal appearance at the track saturday afternoon.

incase anyone is wondering bout the not so leegal part, the exhaust is still a 3 in round 8 inch long pipe welded to the swingvalve

turbospirites
11-09-2006, 07:18 PM
im going to be there late in the hearse lol (around 4:30)

stampederunner
11-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey some of you local guys might want to check into a rumor I heard. I was told that the big race that happened last weekend got rained out on sunday and they are doing a make up race this saturday.

R/T
11-10-2006, 09:04 AM
TRUE!!! :yuck: :banghead: :eek:

I called E water, YES, NO TUNE & TEST ON THE 11th, finishing the rained out bracket race!!

DAMMMMIT!!!

Tristate is now open, or go carts??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ideas??

mw6886
11-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Better decide something fast. I am loading up the trailer tonight, and would rather not do that if there is no racing.
I will, however, kick YOUR arse at the go-kart track if there is no drag racing, R/T. :evil: :bolt:

GLHSKEN
11-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Tristate it is!!!

sexygomer
11-10-2006, 10:29 AM
ya know, i think i remember someone saying that a couple times......:thumb:

Reeves
11-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Should we make a decision based on the weather if we go to Tri-State or go to Go-Karts? Or just all meet at the track first?

Reeves
11-10-2006, 11:02 AM
And should we make a new sticky stating that the track has changed?

csxtra
11-10-2006, 11:07 AM
And should we make a new sticky stating that the track has changed?

I've heard that you like it sticky...

(at least when it comes to slicks):lol:

mw6886
11-10-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm up for whatever. Tristate it is, I will be there.

And then we race go-karts.

Reeves
11-10-2006, 11:35 AM
I think I got your serial board. I'll give it back to you for some *tuning* help. Is that a deal or what?

mw6886
11-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Sounds fair to me. :) As long as you actually attend the event.

R/T
11-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Meet at TriState...

Gates open at 12:30, racin' 1pm till 5pm.

If weather is bad, we should wait a while for people, then caravan to the Kart track, where I'll put the smackdown on Matt.... :p

( if I have a good kart, with high HP, good tires, etc....)

mw6886
11-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Is that you telling me to Bring it? Oh, it's already been brought!

turboshadow
11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I think everyone is forgetting who laid the smackdown the last time ovc went to the go kart track:amen:

mw6886
11-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Once we install the ballast in your cart, it will even it up, so that I can lay the COMPLETE smackdown, beeeeyaaaaatch.

Clay
11-10-2006, 03:33 PM
well, I knew in the back of my mind that this was going to be my fate once the date changed! Oh well.

Im not going to turbopalooza. :( Havent made the last 2 for one reason or another and Im not going to make this one. Ive got to many things going that day, and its not fair to either thing to try and half --- it and go to both. I would end up missing a lot of both if I try to do both, and probably making the wifey made to boot. So its easier to just go to one, the one she HAS to go to, and blah! I will be there in the spring, as long as no other stupid family-inlaw items come up.

skinnye
11-10-2006, 06:53 PM
where is tristate?

Reeves
11-11-2006, 12:36 PM
http://www.tristatedragway.com/

GLHSKEN
11-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Tristate closed. Meet at the carts in lawernceburg

crazy1eye
11-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Have fun guys:thumb:

James, you still using the 1 piece intake Joey & I made for you?

Thanks.

Mike_Shepard
11-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Had a blast guys. I finally made it home at about 10:30 stopped and got some fuel and 80ish all the way to columbus.

Ken beautifful house and a awesome host I wish I could have stayed, Next time I will

And to the others it was an great pleasure meeting you all..... Ohh I still feel bad for Tracy?? Woodie was damaged :mad: :mad:

GLHSKEN
11-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Glad to have you.... Thanks for coming. As usual... the people made it a blast...

Man am I sore from those go-carts

1qk4dr
11-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Ken thanks for having us over. Hopefully in Spring we'll have a nice day to go to the drag strip.

R/T
11-12-2006, 04:09 PM
As usual, it was a blast, but this year Turbopalooza turned into Kartapalooza.

Man, what fun those things are, yeeehaaaw!!!:nod:

And, the R/T family - me, Nathan, & Brian - put the smackdown on, with:

First session:

Top 4 times

End of day:

Top 3 times, and 5 of the top 10 times. :thumb:

Sweetness!!! :amen:

ekimdam
11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
As usual, it was a blast, but this year Turbopalooza turned into Kartapalooza.

Man, what fun those things are, yeeehaaaw!!!:nod:

And, the R/T family - me, Nathan, & Brian - put the smackdown on, with:

First session:

Top 4 times

End of day:

Top 3 times, and 5 of the top 10 times. :thumb:

Sweetness!!! :amen:

I know.... I haven't posted anything TD related in about 2 years... and I'm not about to start now!:wow1:

The OVER 200 class Karting results tell a different story however..... :)

Good fun! Here's to the weeKENd warriors..... May it never be spoKEN that they were chicKEN!

Mike

ray944s
11-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Once I finally made it to Kens (after our tour guide decided on the extra long scenic trip, RN breaking down, and waiting on the Bus & Trailer to catch up) it was a great time as always. Things pretty much looked the same as they did last year @ Kens.....Cars sitting around broken with talk about one day running..........almost like listening to diarrhea Matt.........Blah Blah Blah Blah.........Ha Ha J/K

R/T
11-13-2006, 08:57 AM
And another big thanks to the Adler clan for the hospitality!! :thumb:

GLHSKEN
11-13-2006, 09:06 AM
LOL Ray, All but 1 run... It does not have an engine!!! Vert Lancer and GLHS #479 run perfectly. Just not titled.

mw6886
11-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Couple of beers, and it is a whole new experience for everyone. :) Never heard of dirheaara coming out of someones mouth, but apparently I was spewing it.

GLHSKEN
11-13-2006, 11:02 AM
You were in rare form.... Funny is an understatement.. What a great day

R/T
11-13-2006, 01:45 PM
The OVER 200 class Karting results tell a different story however..... :)

Mike

I'm over 200lbs, trust me.... :p

Reeves
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Have fun guys:thumb:

James, you still using the 1 piece intake Joey & I made for you?

Thanks.

Yes, all three of them!

Reeves
11-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Had a great time guys! Thanks to all that put things together and to Ken for us crashing at his place!

Man am I sore! Damn those fun carts! My neck is so sore from the wreck it about made me sick this morning! I think that means I need to cart more often to get used to it. Who is in with me?

Mike_Shepard
11-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Im alittle too far to travel like that for carting but if something turns up LMK

R/T
11-13-2006, 06:07 PM
OK - we need to pick a Saturday in January / Febuary for:

OVC KARTAPALOOZA!!! :number1:

BE THERE!!!

And yea, my forearms are *so sore* from gripping the wheel at those high speeds I attain.... :p

csxtra
11-13-2006, 07:59 PM
almost like listening to diarrhea Matt.........Blah Blah Blah Blah.........Ha Ha J/K

Funny you should mention diarrhea...

I'm really sorry I missed seeing you all. If I had shown up, Matt wouldn't have been the only one with diarrhea. Between puKen, the sicKening feeling in my stomach and worrying about leaKen, I wouldn't have been much fun anyways.

But a winter Kartapalooza event sounds like a blast!!! (I wonder if we could smuggle in some VHT and put it on the tires?):evil: