PDA

View Full Version : TIII AC Compressor

Turbo224
06-29-2015, 06:07 PM
Just curious if new/re-manufactured AC compressors are available for the T3, or if I need to find someone to rebuild my original? Now that my Cuda is finished up I am determined to drag the R/T out of storage and get it back on the road. I have never had the AC working in this car, so I'd like to just replace everything if the parts are available.

Turbo224
06-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Guess I should have researched before posting. Rock Auto pretty much shows every AC component available including compressors. They show a Nippondenso part #6511523 for $140, and a Four Seasons part number #77614 for $317. Has anyone actually used either of these? I've had a number of bad experiences ordering T3 parts online unless I can see a specific picture of the part before ordering. 8V stuff is interchanged with T3 stuff far too often.

DOHCRT
06-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Tyler, I was actually able to buy a NIB Mopar compressor off Ebay. Looked brandy new and works great in the car.

HSKR
06-29-2015, 10:37 PM
I've got a siezed one if you can find a rebuild kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Or at least be a good core.

Turbo224
06-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Tyler, I was actually able to buy a NIB Mopar compressor off Ebay. Looked brandy new and works great in the car.

I probably should keep my eye on eBay and see if anything turns up.

I've got a siezed one if you can find a rebuild kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Or at least be a good core.

My original compressor is still in the car, so I could always rebuild it if needed. I just have no idea how to rebuild one, so I'd rather just buy a new one if possible.

rx2mazda
06-30-2015, 01:10 AM
I'd think the Rock Auto one is incorrect for TIII. I went thru that whole thing with every parts store. They listed it for the TIII but brought out 8 valve ones every time. I ended up sending mine out for a rebuild.

DoubleD
06-30-2015, 09:43 AM
I did a write up on this last year with a cross reference to all the replacement parts needed. I just got my A/C charged and the rebuilt compressor is working fantastic!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?74382-R-T-AC-Compressor-Rebuild-TRF105&highlight=

Turbo224
06-30-2015, 11:51 AM
I'd think the Rock Auto one is incorrect for TIII. I went thru that whole thing with every parts store. They listed it for the TIII but brought out 8 valve ones every time. I ended up sending mine out for a rebuild.

Yeah, that's exactly what I am afraid of.

I did a write up on this last year with a cross reference to all the replacement parts needed. I just got my A/C charged and the rebuilt compressor is working fantastic!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?74382-R-T-AC-Compressor-Rebuild-TRF105&highlight=

That's pretty cool, I wish I had access to a press of some sort.

djd's turbo
06-30-2015, 08:25 PM
Besides the compressor, are the other parts available? If so, anyone ave a list of part numbers? Thanks!!

MNmopar
07-04-2015, 07:58 PM
That Rock Auto comp you mentioned looks correct. Between the photo being correct and it costing like $200 more than the others, I'd put a small amount of money on it being the right one.
Four Seasons part #77614

135sohc
07-04-2015, 09:01 PM
That looks like a typical hunk o junk 'reman'… A bench top press from horrible freight and the service parts listed would cost less than that pile of crap and you know exactly what was done and that it was done right.

Millerman340
10-03-2015, 10:39 PM
I still have mine off of my old white spirit if you need one just PM me. Dave