PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of picking up another GTP

ForzaV12
06-21-2015, 02:30 PM
What do you think of this one? Notice the similarity to the Consulier? This IMSA GTP ran the series with three different engines, a Pontiac LS, A Lexus V8 and a Porsche. It will currently run a Porsche engine.

I was going to post pics but this site absolutely SUCKS when you need to add images. I've wasted enough time. I think the pic of the GTP is in my user gallery. I'm out.

rx2mazda
06-21-2015, 02:54 PM
That thing looks slick as F^&$!

thedon809
06-21-2015, 06:42 PM

Aries_Turbo
06-22-2015, 09:12 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/gtpsmall.jpg

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_20150613_111139926_HDR.jpg

Aries_Turbo
06-22-2015, 09:18 AM
You can't "attach" pics to the post right now. Some software needs updating.

you have to host it in the gallery or on an external image hosting site and paste the url into the post in between tags or click on the url tab and unclick the "retrieve and reference file locally" checkbox.

Then it works fine.

168glhs1986
06-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Are you wanting to get into racing Steve or is this a Project / Investment for you?

If this car has documented race history it could be worth picking up. Is it currently operational with the P motor? Is the price right?

polopharm
06-22-2015, 10:58 AM
It's funny to me that this cars overall shape is so similar , windshield angle etc side view yet I imagine the car magazines would call it sexy etc ...., what does the front end look like?
Has anyone looked into a larger , similar wing on a consulier?

ForzaV12
06-22-2015, 11:10 AM
You can't "attach" pics to the post right now. Some software needs updating.

you have to host it in the gallery or on an external image hosting site and paste the url into the post in between tags or click on the url tab and unclick the "retrieve and reference file locally" checkbox.

Then it works fine.
Thanks

Are you wanting to get into racing Steve or is this a Project / Investment for you?

If this car has documented race history it could be worth picking up. Is it currently operational with the P motor? Is the price right?

I'm done with organized racing(except for LeMons type stuff), too many fat wallets attached to even fatter heads. Ruined vintage racing, IMO. It does have documented race history. P-motor going in-needs some type of adaptor for trans and its difficult to source for the P Motor. That car I posted belongs to a friend of mine that builds killer 911 engines. He did a twin plug, 3.2 short stroke race motor for my little 67, its a work of art! The one I'm looking at is nearly identical. Pricing varies, but they aren't really giving the good cars away yet. Would be fun to be the king of all track days again! And who knows, with a special construction VIN , it may even be able to terrorize the streets a little?

It's funny to me that this cars overall shape is so similar yet I imagine the car magazines would call it sexy etc ....
Has anyone looked into a larger , similar wing on a consulier?

Yeah, that's the truth. Thanks to some clueless folks in the press, the Consulier was saddled with an "ugly" label that just wasn't fair to anyone that knew the inspiration for the car. Funny thing is, the hard core enthusiasts and the younger car crowd(never had the chance to be tainted by the original press comments) always thought the GTP looked great.
A larger wing would be effective. Mosler himself went to the larger detached wing on the later Raptor.

Rrider
06-22-2015, 11:56 AM
If the price is right and you can get it plated...

Rrider
06-22-2015, 07:29 PM
And like HR Giger's Alien, better with no eyes.

MPI_duster
07-11-2015, 02:44 PM
If anyone else wanted something the same, but different.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1236789107/1236789107ss.htm