PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-25 Shootout – SloweSpeed Q8!

BadAssPerformance
05-31-2015, 11:08 AM
SDAC-25 Shootout – SloweSpeed Q8!

Each year the place to be to see the largest collection of Shelby Dodge / Turbo Mopar hot rods is at the annual SDAC convention. Not only is the annual gathering the largest collection of hot rods, but also a large number of the quickest of the quick rides too!

To add to this, each year there are new cars driven by crazy SDAC gearheads pushing the limits of physics further than before! From 16V conversions to 8V’s giving the 16V’s a run for their money, to custom FWD and converted RWD setups, we’ve had it all! From full race car to street cars driven across country to race! In fact, both our SDAC-24 Winner and Runner Up were driven to the track! Simply amazing!

Even if you don’t have a car to race but you would love to see them all in action, come on out, SDAC-25 is the place to see it all live and in person!

Our goal this year to get as many of the quickest racers/cars out as we can and have a full bore Quick 8 shootout!
If you have a quick car, bring it out! If you have a friend with a quick car, get them to bring it out! Spread the word!
If you’re quick but not sure if your car can get into the 8, no problem! We also have our “Heads Up” class to determine the best of the rest!

But wait, there’s more! Prize money too! The past couple years Slowe Speed has stepped up to sponsor the Quick 8 class with a payout, and this year at SDAC-25 the trend will continue! THANK YOU! again to Brian Slowe of Slowe Speed for his generous support of the Quick 8!

Complete SDAC-25 event details and registration at www.sdac.org

Thank you,

JT
SDAC – Director
www.sdac.org

Joe_Van_Duno
05-31-2015, 01:35 PM
One of these years I will make the Quick 8!!! I'm sick of being the 9th guy :(

turbovanman²
05-31-2015, 01:47 PM
I hear you, and I gotta make it back out to an SDAC one day as well, :(

contraption22
05-31-2015, 10:02 PM
Can't wait!

wheming
05-31-2015, 10:36 PM
I hope Mini will be ready to give an attempt at her record. I need to get some tuning issues worked out. And some mechanical details tidy'd up.

2.216VTurbo
05-31-2015, 11:46 PM
I hope Mini will be ready to give an attempt at her record. I need to get some tuning issues worked out. And some mechanical details tidy'd up.

If all goes as planned, I'll be racing a Mini this year:eyebrows:

wheming
06-01-2015, 12:34 AM
The more the merrier!

Ondonti
06-01-2015, 06:25 AM
So those guys who rent tracks and avoid tech...are they paying more? Or just sketchy tracks. Seems like even the really "good" tracks have cheater rental days.
Also appears I could never Q8 by engine rule. Spiritman seems to think we are trailering 2016.

sdac guy
06-01-2015, 08:40 AM
So those guys who rent tracks and avoid tech...are they paying more? Or just sketchy tracks. Seems like even the really "good" tracks have cheater rental days.
Also appears I could never Q8 by engine rule. Spiritman seems to think we are trailering 2016.

I don't know about the last couple years, but when I was running SDAC and renting tracks, I was never given an option to not have cars teched, it was always a requirement. But some tracks did a better tech inspection than others. It is usually a required item in their insurance coverage.

Barry

mopar-tech
06-01-2015, 09:18 AM
My quick FWD car is still sleeping, 2016 is looking better though.

Sgt Craig
06-01-2015, 05:57 PM
If all goes as planned, I'll be racing a Mini this year:eyebrows:

Only one brown van per sdac event!

- - - Updated - - -

The more the merrier!

Ill have mine there!Going to see how far a $26 clutch can be pushed!If it makes it through the drags,burnout contest at carlisle on sat!

Reaper1
06-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Not that I'll be competing in anything this year (besides loosing the most hair or something LOL), but I didn't see the rules for the Q8. Just sayin....

sdac guy
06-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Not that I'll be competing in anything this year (besides loosing the most hair or something LOL), but I didn't see the rules for the Q8. Just sayin....

See this: - http://www.sdac.org/info/faq25.html

Scroll down to Drag Racing

Barry

Keito
06-03-2015, 08:19 AM

You'll have a rental, no?
Then you have a race car!

BadAssPerformance
06-03-2015, 01:25 PM

Every track has its own rules and level of tech. Tech at Maple Grove for our rental will be NHRA tech.

Engine rule?

Here is the only Q8 rule as written and open to some interpretation (and better spelling in the online version!) :)

What cars are eligible for the Quick 8?
Shelby Dodge, Shelby inspired, Mopar powered vehicles. If you are unsure if your vehicle would be included, please contact jt@sdac.org directly.

So many combinations can be included it is difficult to list every one, if you have doubt, please contact JT...

Reaper1
06-03-2015, 03:14 PM
See this: - http://www.sdac.org/info/faq25.html

Scroll down to Drag Racing

Barry

Every track has its own rules and level of tech. Tech at Maple Grove for our rental will be NHRA tech.

Engine rule?

Here is the only Q8 rule as written and open to some interpretation (and better spelling in the online version!) :)

So many combinations can be included it is difficult to list every one, if you have doubt, please contact JT...

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated! :thumb: