PDA

View Full Version : You can't have too many turbo Chargers, can you?

GLHS592
01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Well, I have another one. I just purchased this car today. It's very dirty, but the body and interior are in excellent condition. There is very little rust. It hasn't been on the road since 1997. The owner did drive it up and down the driveway a little to keep it in shape. She did so until something popped and she couldn't get it to move. I'm guessing the 525 gave up on her.

The lady that owned it bought it brand new from Regent Dodge in Nashville. She e-mailed me a year or two ago asking questions about repair. She recently contacted me again wanting to sell it to me because she doesn't have the time, money, or expertise to fool with the car. Plus, she wanted it to go to a good home.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/267451/6

85shelbycharger
01-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Wow nice score! What are your plans for it?

The S is Silent
01-07-2006, 07:46 PM
How much did you pay for it?

Congrats on picking up another car.

GLHS592
01-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Wow nice score! What are your plans for it?

I don't know for sure what I'll do with it. I think I'll probably keep it. I know for sure that I won't go crazy with it like I have my silver one. I'd like to be able to drive it without worrying about the paint. Right now, I'm thinking all I'll do is clean the car up, restore the interior, bolt on the minivan calipers/master cylinder, and do a basic turbo 2 conversion.

I've always wanted a clean one with A/C and no sunroof. I was just hoping it would be silver with the blue stripe.

How much did you pay for it?

$300. I didn't even haggle with her. I figure it is worth that (maybe more) considering how complete and rust free it is.

Whorse
01-07-2006, 08:07 PM
You're lucky to have cars like that for so cheap around there. Around here I haven't seen any reasonable TDs, nevermind nice ones for sale, and the ones that won't run are still 500+ Cdn, and usually come with a nice rust package.

85shelbycharger
01-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow you definitely got a killer deal then. $300 is just an awesome price.

GLHS592
01-07-2006, 09:35 PM
I need to teach my wife to drive a stick so she can drive it. That way, we can sell the Stratus and the dually in order to buy a newer 3/4 ton Cummins. :)

85shelbycharger
01-08-2006, 12:36 AM
I need to teach my wife to drive a stick so she can drive it. That way, we can sell the Stratus and the dually in order to buy a newer 3/4 ton Cummins. :)

That sounds like a good idea :nod:

GLHS592
01-08-2006, 10:00 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/267451/6

I added some more pictures.

GLHSKEN
01-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Kevin,

I now equal you... 2 S's and 1 87..... damn addiction

Bardo
01-28-2006, 07:03 AM
your guys love them chargers dont you

GLHSKEN
01-28-2006, 10:32 AM

Every little squeak and rattle...

GLHS592
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Kevin,

I now equal you... 2 S's and 1 87..... damn addiction

No, you don't. 2 GLHS's and 1 87 SC > 1 GLHS and 2 85 SC's. :thumb:

You mean they made other models? :confused:

GLHSKEN
01-28-2006, 10:39 AM
LOL If it was anyone but you I would agree... Your cars are where I HOPE mine will be someday!!! No where near that...

LOTS of reso work to do... Thanks to you I have a floorpan for one... I have compllete rear 1/4 from the front door back and a perfect hood from Cliff R... (just for the metal from the rear wheel back)

The new one could use 2 doors and #189 should need a new hatch... The new one is VERY complete though... I'll be buying the parts I need from Scottmon soon... OH Scott... I need all the trim pieces that surround the headliner as well...

I will not be out of the garage at all this summer... too many projects... 6 td's to get cracking on.

GLHS592
01-28-2006, 10:49 AM
LOL If it was anyone but you I would agree... Your cars are where I HOPE mine will be someday!!! No where near that...

LOTS of reso work to do... Thanks to you I have a floorpan for one... I have compllete rear 1/4 from the front door back and a perfect hood from Cliff R... (just for the metal from the rear wheel back)

I should have gotten a better hood for my silver car. Of course, Brian said I should have gotten a better car for my silver car. :p The hood was beat up pretty bad. Of course, I was trying to get the car done before SDAC-14, which I ended up needing another 2-3 weeks to make, and went ahead and fixed the hood.

I will not be out of the garage at all this summer... too many projects... 6 td's to get cracking on.

I just wish I had a garage right now. We are about to break ground, so I'm hoping I'll have one in 4-6 months. I have tons of stuff to do that would already be done if I had found a decent house to buy. The silver car needs a little more powder coating and a dash swap. I also need to work a few bugs out of the motor.

The GLHS needs a thorough cleaning, waxing, and a new clutch. I wish I hadn't hit the oppossum in that car. I did find an NOS airdam that I have to paint for it.

The "new" SC will get a restored interior, a thorough cleaning, and maybe a turbo 2 conversion, for now. Maybe I can swap it for a 1st gen. G-body and do a 2.4 swap. :D

Holley
01-28-2006, 12:02 PM
According to my wife, you can have too many TDs ... gotta get rid of the Charger, or leave ... and the Charger doesn't cook so good ...

Captain Chaos
01-28-2006, 08:47 PM
According to my wife, you can have too many TDs ... gotta get rid of the Charger, or leave ... and the Charger doesn't cook so good ...
My wife has bitched and moaned from day one about how ugly the Horizon is or "why are you buying $3 worth of engine degreaser for that car trying to double its value?" Today her 93 Shadow convertible showed up. Its got a bad motor, but I told her I'd put a turbo motor in it if she wanted, thinking she'd be like "no not another project." Her reply was more like "could you put a 5 speed in there while your changing the motor?" My reply "SURE!":thumb:

Moral of the story build something for her. I always wanted a turbo Shadow convertible.:evil:

Holley
01-29-2006, 12:13 PM
My other half wants a PT! Can't afford one at the mo, lol.

Directconnection
01-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Moral of the story build something for her. I always wanted a turbo Shadow convertible.:evil:

I tired that. Not interested. I tried to make the '92 IROC R/T her sunny weather car. Not interested as she doesn't like manuals. Tried to hint at a turbo minivan (more practical, right?) She asked me if it was for her... or really for me? Oh well... she can drive her Grand Scam I guess.

Directconnection
01-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Kevin, for the meantime.... try 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. This will rub out all the oxidization and make the paint look shiny again. You get it at NAPA and it's in a big transparent bottle. The stuff looks like a mocha milkshake. Wipe it on, wipe off with dry clean towel. I prefer to really rub it in because it has a very fine compound to it. Other than that, you'd have to use a buffer with a different polishing compound than this.

GLHS592
01-29-2006, 03:19 PM
The clearcoat is shot on this car. Instead of worrying about the paint, I'm thinking about making it look like my silver car used to. :) It was actually more fun like this:
http://www.440magnum-network.com/emailed/2004/aug04/images/85dodgecharger8.jpg