PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Kia Sedona engine noise

skitzo_inc
05-14-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm trying to sell my 2005 Kia Sedona locally and I've not been getting anywhere. It's been sitting for about three weeks after a fresh oil change. I went out tonight to start it up and drive it around the block and I noticed a ticking sound coming from the engine. it sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the engine, but I can't be for sure. I drove it for about fifteen minutes at highway speeds and the sound didn't go away. It is in sync with the engine rpms.

Here's a video.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18120888/Snapchat-3112437125327762941.mp4

2.216VTurbo
05-14-2015, 10:43 PM
Are there any really, really tall cliffs where you live?

acannell
05-14-2015, 11:15 PM
oh btw my garbage disposal has been acting up, any ideas???

p.s. and sometimes my cat barfs and I'm not sure what to do??? HELP plz yay turbo doges!!

turbovanmanČ
05-15-2015, 03:27 AM
Sounds like a lifter. What oil and filter did you use?

skitzo_inc
05-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Are there any really, really tall cliffs where you live?

Flat Nebraska. :(

oh btw my garbage disposal has been acting up, any ideas???

p.s. and sometimes my cat barfs and I'm not sure what to do??? HELP plz yay turbo doges!!

There's a quick way to make sure I don't ever buy anything from a vendor.

Sounds like a lifter. What oil and filter did you use?

I'm almost positive it's a lifter as of this morning. I use the half synthetic blend and I don't remember the filter I used. The oil is about 83 miles old as of this morning.

I drove it to work this morning and the sound had quieted way down and by the time I got to work (25 miles) the sound was gone completely. I'm going to put a pint of Marvel Mystery Oil on her and see if that helps in the future.

Sorry I posted in the wrong part of the forum, It was one down from where I mean to click. My bad!

Sgt Craig
05-18-2015, 06:26 PM
It being a 05 sedona dont be surprised if it isnt bottom end noise.Notorious for that.

skitzo_inc
05-24-2015, 03:06 PM
What type of bottom end noise? After driving it the noise went away, I took it to town again today (50 miles round trip) and the noise has not returned.

Sgt Craig
05-26-2015, 07:48 PM
What type of bottom end noise? After driving it the noise went away, I took it to town again today (50 miles round trip) and the noise has not returned.

Ones ive seen are from lack of regular oil changes.They tend to chuck rod bearings.Seen a few head gaskets let go too.

skitzo_inc
05-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Well, I hope the new owners don't have those problems. I sold it last night. Woot!