PDA

View Full Version : NO auto week stickers

GTP#44
05-12-2015, 06:50 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54704&stc=1
It takes a lot for me to put a sticker on my car.
I found one of these during a parts search.
I had my sign guy make a dozen for me.
Jill wants one on her Mazda in salute to Warren.
I have about ten more if anyone want to add one to their car.....you know why.!!!!!
If not ,you should...

2.216VTurbo
05-12-2015, 08:36 PM
A wager is a wager, so who didn't hold up their end in that exchange, Warren or AutoWeek?

GTP#44
05-12-2015, 09:24 PM
The wager is not the reason for the NO AutoWeek sticker.

Oggie Fisher
05-12-2015, 09:32 PM
The wager was with Car & Driver.

polopharm
05-13-2015, 08:48 AM
I was hoping the sticker was the consulier one also shown in the picture.
And I am not clever enough to know about the "no auto week" please bring me up to speed.

168glhs1986
05-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Mid way first paragraph

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consulier_GTP

player1up
05-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Autoweek -- Scathing article about the 100k challenge. "changing the rules" , calls the series 2 Consulier in question a "one off 'production' car". Implies that they cheated ( or at least manipulated the rules to win ) and the car had non-production options. Stated that one reason the Consulier won was because there was too much traffic to get good lap times.
Warren has stated that the times were for single car runs and not how they were described in the article.
This article is plainly out to give Consulier a black eye and that's proven in the first sentence. The article is convoluted, seems to go out of the way to show the company in a bad light and appears prejudiced. Although it didn't keep the editor from buying one eventually.

CarAndDriver -- Article about the "25k Challenge" they did on their own with their own drivers and therefore was not valid.
Criticized the car for being a "sweat box", having 3 cigarette lighters and mentions that it had plexi windows ( pretty sure no prod car has plexi windows )
Pretty sure this is the instance that Warren mentioned in GRMS podcast 38 about them "acquiring the car without permission", "Basically stole the car".
Although this article has some high points, it's clear that they didn't have a very good example of a Consulier and the review suffered.

GTP#44
05-13-2015, 01:49 PM
I was hoping the sticker was the consulier one also shown in the picture.
And I am not clever enough to know about the "no auto week" please bring me up to speed.

I am thinking of having #44 painted in the future.
I had Mark at Liberty Sign in Jupiter make some of those also.
Some large like on the engine lid and some smaller that are on the front end.
I had them made in silver like you see on the car now and some black ones also..

When the Autoweek article that called the Consulier ugly came out they were ready to go into full production.
That really hurt..!
I guess fast has to be beautiful also.
I think they looks super cool.!

Rrider
05-13-2015, 02:24 PM
The GTP in the contest track day was not factory stock but neither were the competitor's cars. It was a DOT tire competition, Warren knew a 500hp 3k+lbs car wouldn't be able to beat his lighter less powerful car on street legal rubber. Same reason they beat more powerful cars in the IMSA supercar series races.

The whole thing about that corvette beating a worn out GTP is just stupidity. Pay ME $$100k for ME to lap slower in a GTP versus ME lapping in a corvette? I'm SURE AS ---- going to turn in a slower lap in the GTP.. that is not how it is done.

This GRM podcast has all the specifics from Warren Mosler's point of view-

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/podcast-episode-38-warren-mosler-consulier-cars/

player1up
05-14-2015, 08:50 AM
The whole thing about that corvette beating a worn out GTP is just stupidity. Pay ME $$100k for ME to lap slower in a GTP versus ME lapping in a corvette? I'm SURE AS ---- going to turn in a slower lap in the GTP.. that is not how it is done.
Exactly...talk about a stacked deck.. :)

I had them made in silver like you see on the car now and some black ones also..

When the Autoweek article that called the Consulier ugly came out they were ready to go into full production.
That really hurt..!

How much for one of the "no autoweek" and one of the big silver logo stickers?

Rrider
05-14-2015, 12:30 PM
I've heard that Warren did pay the 100k out, and I've heard he didn't.. not sure which story is true!

Johnny
05-14-2015, 02:23 PM
He did not.

HEY I want one!! (sticker)
AND a Molsler logo sticker.............please!

jacob mosler
05-14-2015, 06:41 PM
He did not.

HEY I want one!! (sticker)
AND a Molsler logo sticker.............please!

that is correct.
also i want some stickers too!

GTP#44
06-08-2015, 04:04 PM
The sign guy printed 20 of the NO auto week stickers I have them if you want one.
If anyone wants the CONSULIER logo.
He has the large and the small logo saved and can be printed in any color or amount just give them a call.
Liberty Sign in Jupiter Florida is family owned and very helpful if you want to contact them.
He said they would ship them to you no problem.

Johnny
06-08-2015, 05:05 PM
I would like to have one of the "C" logos....in black.

That really hurt..!

Chris W
06-08-2015, 06:50 PM
I would like to have one of the "C" logos....in black.

I would like one of the Consulier logos in silver and No AutoWeek in white Please.

Chris-TU