PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Recaro Foam Replacement

minigts
04-30-2015, 11:22 AM
Asking about the differences between the Shelby and the Ford Recaro seats. Found this link, http://www.tmiproducts.com/products/1979-82-mustang-recaro-high-back-w-knee-bolster-seat-foam-1-bucket-7-pcs.html on a Mustang Forum, wondering if these are the same. Not sure if the guy selling will know that or not and curious if anyone has had the foam replace for their seats before or if anyone has done any investigation on this.

minigts
05-01-2015, 02:20 AM
Ok, did some digging and I found some links that I hope will be useful.

List of the types of Recaro seats that were produced for the different cars, different years and the style names. The ones out of the 89 CSX are called LS (B version). They could be the LSC, but hard to tell in the photos. The good is, if anyone has these seats and needs something, you don't have to explain what car and year you got them. The bad, it seems there isn't much else than the seat bottom bolsters available out there, but I'm still looking.

http://rennlist.com/forums/general-porsche-discussions-forum/619604-recaro-resource-guide.html

Parts store in the UK that sells some of the hardware for the seats. Some of it is priced a TAD high, but given the exchange rate that is about the only reason it seems that way. Honestly, I don't mind spending a little money to have replacement foam, so I'm not complaining.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productlist.asp?type=s&view=range&rid=61&mid=2

bamman
05-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Years prior I think when I was researching these seats I think I came to the conclusion that they were LSB seats since the LSC seats were a little taller in the pictures. I could be wrong. One thing I do is go to ebay.co.uk and search for "recaro foam." That brings up some interesting results. Also the power recaro seat shows up on the UK eBay for a pretty penny every so often.

J&H Ryan
05-12-2015, 10:09 AM
I would ask Edison Bender - I don't know his s/n on here though. I know he did Tim's (shelbyconcepts) recaros including bolster replacement, so he should be able to answer any questions and/or do the work you need.

minigts
05-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Got the seat bottom bolsters today, well two of them. My impression of these is they are softer than the stock ones for sure. Not certain if that will be an issue or not, but these are identical, except for the notch on the frame on the inner piece, which everyone has to trim it seems. Not cheap for two, ($88 GBP), but I'd rather have these available than not. Going to keep the originals as well, but glad to get this replaced. Now I just need to figure out how the uppers will get done or patched.

csxtra
05-13-2015, 05:35 PM
I would ask Edison Bender - I don't know his s/n on here though. I know he did Tim's (shelbyconcepts) recaros including bolster replacement, so he should be able to answer any questions and/or do the work you need.

Edison's screen name on here is Mopar318. I know he has been doing Volvos so I haven't seen him on T-M, but he is on facebook.

I HIGHLY recommend his work!