PDA

View Full Version : Boost?

PTGT04
09-28-2006, 08:23 PM
I have a 2004 PT GT. It has the stage one turbo upgrade and a K&N drop in filter. I just installed a boost gauge and notice it running between 13 and 15 on the gauge, sometimes it spikes to 16. It doesn't hold that boost very long, especially after about 5000rpms. The car runs consistent 14.60 1/4 mile times. Does my boost pressure and 1/4 times seem about right on for the little bit of mods I have done. Thanks PTGT04

Dave
09-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey, good see you got the gauge hooked up. Was it pretty simple for yeh?

Spiking to 16psi is normal, what does it finally settle to? By spiking do you mean it goes right to 16psi as soon as you nail it then it immediately falls to a lower point? Or does it fall off right after 5,000?

-Bryan

PS: I'm going racing one more time once I find a torque converter, I'll PM you and let you know.

PTGT04
09-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Install was easy, I hooked it up off the manifold like you said. It settles to around 14 or 15, when rpms get higher it goes down to about 12 or 13 and builds back up to 14 or so after the trans shifts. Thanks for the advice, like I said this is my first turbo car. I'm going to try and get out at the track as much as possible, the Wed racing ends on Oct. 25 I think. Let me know when you go out and I'll try and make it, weather permitting, maybe you could drive my car down the track to see if you think all is good with it. Let me know. Chris