PDA

View Full Version : Electronics: SMEC gray plug

going4speed
04-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Looking for a usable gray plug with all the pin retainers in place or a harness section with all the wires.

I have broken the pin retainer inside the plug on mine and it will no longer hold that pin in place when assembling the connector to the smec.:confused:

ShelGame
04-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Looking for a usable gray plug with all the pin retainers in place or a harness section with all the wires.

I have broken the pin retainer inside the plug on mine and it will no longer hold that pin in place when assembling the connector to the smec.:confused:

The red plastic pin retainer? I have a bunch of spare 60-way connectors. I can send you the retainer, if that's all you need.

Or do you mean the little tang inside the housing? I probably have a housing I can send, too. But, maybe not in gray. Most of mine are black; but nearly new (salvaged from EATX Flash harnesses).

jonnymopar
04-05-2015, 11:01 AM
I probably have a housing I can send, too. But, maybe not in gray. Most of mine are black; but nearly new (salvaged from EATX Flash harnesses).Is there no difference between the SMEC/SBEC 60-way and the later-model TCM connector other than color?? That's a pretty good piece of info!

going4speed
04-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I got a black one from Cindy as she did not have any gray ones. Its different to the gray smec plug. Yes it's 60 pin but the outside of the plug will not accommodate the cover for the wires.

ShelGame
04-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Is there no difference between the SMEC/SBEC 60-way and the later-model TCM connector other than color?? That's a pretty good piece of info!

There may be a difference in notch key locations. But, that can be fixed with a razor blade...

ShelGame
04-05-2015, 03:14 PM
I got a black one from Cindy as she did not have any gray ones. Its different to the gray smec plug. Yes it's 60 pin but the outside of the plug will not accommodate the cover for the wires.

If that's the case, its just because the rear part of the connector is missing.

135sohc
04-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Is there no difference between the SMEC/SBEC 60-way and the later-model TCM connector other than color?? That's a pretty good piece of info!

The basic plug shell is the same. The differences are how the backshell and wire dress cover are oriented.