PDA

View Full Version : Need a torque converter

Dave
09-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey guys, I'm in need of a torque converter. Went to the track last night and couldn't pull off the times. There's a few things that point to it being the TC, so I'm going to replace it and see what happens.

Anyone got one? Either barely used, brand new OEM, or aftermarket. I don't care. I need one in a hurry.

-Bryan

DodgeZ
09-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey guys, I'm in need of a torque converter. Went to the track last night and couldn't pull off the times. There's a few things that point to it being the TC, so I'm going to replace it and see what happens.

Anyone got one? Either barely used, brand new OEM, or aftermarket. I don't care. I need one in a hurry.

-Bryan

I have a built trans and TC for sale. 1000 bucks plus shipping it is rated for 300whp in a heavy car. It is build by the best.

Dave
09-28-2006, 11:00 AM
No thanks, Kevin. I wouldn't buy a dime off you.

Frank
09-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Dave, put a Nan converter in it with stock stall speed. Dont put more trash in it. Talk to Cliff Ramsdell and get one form him.

DodgeZ
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
No thanks, Kevin. I wouldn't buy a dime bag off you.

That is true because I don't sell weed and wouldn't have a dime bag.

The trans I have is a Cliff Ramsdell special with a big custom TC from his guy. Cliff says that stock OEM TC WILL NOT last long in a heavy car with any power. He pretty much made me buy his upgraded unit and now I know why

Dave
09-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Frank, I'm only using the auto for a few more weeks. The car's going to storage at the end of October. I don't want to spend $300 on a torque converter when I'm gonna sell it anyways. Then I would be getting less. The OEM converter lasted me a few good months. So if I can find a good OE TC I'll be fine.

Not only do I want to go with a 5spd, but I'm gonna have to. I have to drive over 50 miles one way to go to school starting in April. Soooo my wallet is gonna kill me with an auto traveling all highway. I've heard of the R/T guys with larger injectors doing 90mph on the hwy getting almost 28mpg. :eek:

midohiomoparsource
09-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I have the whole tranny out of 89 Minivan TI. Not sure if TC is the same or not, but if so, it's not that far away from you.
Whole tranny/TC $100.00 picked up. Still attached to motor.

Matt

fastglh86
09-28-2006, 03:43 PM
hey i have one name a fair price and you can come pick it up allready pulled out ready to go in your car

Dave
09-28-2006, 11:55 PM
hey i have one name a fair price and you can come pick it up allready pulled out ready to go in your car

Where do you live? Is it a stock one? If so... say $50??

TopDollar69
09-30-2006, 12:48 PM
I have a very nice unit from my 89 GTC convertable. The car only had 87k miles when it was removed. I swapped the car to a 5spd so I no longer have any use for it. I could do $50 shipped if your interested.

Thanks,

Ben Huebner

fastglh86
09-30-2006, 02:38 PM
yes 50 is ok just let me know when you want to come pick it up and it's a stock one im in plain city ohio

Dave
10-01-2006, 02:37 AM
Where exactly is Plain City? I'm about 15 miles east of Akron.