PDA

View Full Version : Custom intake manifold

iniviate
09-26-2006, 06:08 PM
my buddy says "take that intake off, i want to make it bigger" ..... so i said "ok"

it's a 75mm TB... i'm not sure on plenum size, but it's much bigger than stock. we also gasket matched in runners, as they were a bit smaller than the head.

now i just need a make a bracket for the coil pack and a new throttle cable.
:D

8valves
09-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Looks decent, although some taper in to the runners would help tremendously. Also, the Mustang TB has no IAC motor provisions, just to warn you.

It looks pretty! :)

AM

turbovanmanČ
09-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Damn, thats looks sweet, :thumb:

iniviate
10-04-2006, 04:34 AM
i've had too much on my plate lately. i finally got around to installing this thing tonight....

long story short, this thing made a HUGE difference. i'm VERY impressed.

the tip in throttle response is a little touchy, but i guess that's to be expected with such a large TB. i'm pretty impressed with how well it idles with no IAC. infact, i can't tell a difference from the old setup. i did expect some improvement in spool up, but i didn't notice any.

bad news is... my turbo bit the dust after only a couple of pulls. :mad: it's just one thing after another with this car.

i guess i'm off to research some turbos.... :cool:

Bardo
10-04-2006, 04:55 AM
what car is that on

BadAssPerformance
10-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Nice intake :thumb:

devlish
10-04-2006, 12:04 PM
that looks really nice! can i get him to make me one for my GLH too?

Captain Chaos
10-04-2006, 01:29 PM
what car is that on

The TIII car in his sig. Bad turbo eh? Guess it won't make it to No Lip?

iniviate
10-05-2006, 06:30 AM
what car is that on

it's in an 88 shadow.... but it's a 92 r/t motor.

The TIII car in his sig. Bad turbo eh? Guess it won't make it to No Lip?

yeah, it's not looking good. i was hoping to get down to gainesville next week and get some seat time before no lip. i guess that's not going to happen now.

i've got the cash to buy a nice turbo, but i was hoping to spend that on a haltec or something. i think the current computer is leaving a lot on the table. i guess i just need to get something ordered so hopefully it'll come in before then...

find somebody to let me borrow their 60-1 for a couple weeks. :D

Captain Chaos
10-05-2006, 07:40 AM
it's in an 88 shadow.... but it's a 92 r/t motor.

yeah, it's not looking good. i was hoping to get down to gainesville next week and get some seat time before no lip. i guess that's not going to happen now.

i've got the cash to buy a nice turbo, but i was hoping to spend that on a haltec or something. i think the current computer is leaving a lot on the table. i guess i just need to get something ordered so hopefully it'll come in before then...

find somebody to let me borrow their 60-1 for a couple weeks. :D

pm sent. I have 2 friends each with a Neon, I know one has a 60-1 I'm unsure of the other car. I'll see if my one buddy ever got the head put back on his car.

turbovanmanČ
10-05-2006, 12:50 PM
What do you mean tip in was affected? you say huge difference, in what way as you say spool was unchanged. Thanks and sorry about your turbo, :(

Frank
10-05-2006, 12:56 PM
tip in typically means way better throttle response and boost beginning to spool sooner as a result of the better throttle response. Doesnt mean lag is nessecarily better, but its a start.

Frank

WVRampage
10-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Looks like a good intake,Hope you get a great turbo on there soon so that we can hear more about of well it works.Sorry to hear about the problems but it will get beter.

turbovanmanČ
10-05-2006, 01:22 PM
tip in typically means way better throttle response and boost beginning to spool sooner as a result of the better throttle response. Doesnt mean lag is nessecarily better, but its a start.

Frank

Just looking at options and opinions for when I build my monster.

iniviate
10-05-2006, 03:23 PM
you say huge difference, in what way as you say spool was unchanged.

it seems to be way faster. although, it's just a seat of the pants measurment. we all know how accurate that is. however, i picked up ~40hp on the dyno, and this feels as if i picked up at least another 40hp. i honestly don't know if that's even realistic. it'll go back on the dyno soon enough, although probably to the track first.

yeah, by "tip in" i mean just touching the throttle makes the car jerk, as if i just stabbed it to half throttle or something.

i didn't really notice it spooling any sooner, but i only got a make a couple pulls. i think it could also be because the turbo was on it's way out and didn't really want to spin anyway. :D

i told the guy who built the intake about the turbo going out and he said "schweet, i'll go see what i've got around here." .... but he's been wanting me to buy a real turbo for awhile now.

turbovanmanČ
10-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Awesome, thanks alot, great info.

Did the boost change at all, more, less?