85boostbox
01-15-2015, 05:30 PM
I third and support this

Sgt Craig
01-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Me too!

cordes
01-15-2015, 07:30 PM
Joy asks me this at least once per week. I too can't wait.

4 l-bodies
01-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Wherever it is, IMO, it is going to be tough to beat last years location. I thought from an overall perspective it was about perfect. Sure we had problems with hot water at resort for a day or two and rain soaked car show field, but both were attended to promptly. Stuff happens and it was dealt with beautifully. In fact I sort of preferred the location of the car show being at the resort rather than Fox Lake.
IMO, the sooner the location is announced, the better it may be attended.
Todd

ajakeski
01-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Tokyo

Fire breathing Turbo mopars would be much more scary than Godzilla.

cordes
01-15-2015, 08:55 PM
Wherever it is, IMO, it is going to be tough to beat last years location. I thought from an overall perspective it was about perfect. Sure we had problems with hot water at resort for a day or two and rain soaked car show field, but both were attended to promptly. Stuff happens and it was dealt with beautifully. In fact I sort of preferred the location of the car show being at the resort rather than Fox Lake.
IMO, the sooner the location is announced, the better it may be attended.
Todd

I too loved last year's location. I'm not going to lie though; after being so close to home for the last three years a nice long drive will be nice.

ShelGame
01-15-2015, 10:34 PM
I too loved last year's location. I'm not going to lie though; after being so close to home for the last three years a nice long drive will be nice.

WILL be nice? Sounds like you know something. Please share.

85boostbox
01-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Dang, now that's some attention to detail

fishcleaner
01-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Isn't the info in the 2015 calendar?

Spiritman
01-15-2015, 11:21 PM
So this years is supposed to be more east coast. And then next year more centralized? I am hoping to attend next year if it is at least as close as Milwaukee.

cordes
01-15-2015, 11:24 PM
WILL be nice? Sounds like you know something. Please share.

I forget the front runners mentioned last year at the awards night. However, none of them were close to me. IIRC the east coast was mentioned. I would love to make a long drive out that way. Hopefully the guys in VT or Maine get something going. That would be great.

Johnny
01-16-2015, 02:06 AM
as close as Milwaukee.

That is east coast to me.

ShelGame
01-16-2015, 11:08 AM
That is east coast to me.

Lol, the east coast of Lake Michigan...

If it's the 'real' east coast; personally, I'd love a drag day at Maple Grove. ;)

And a road rally through the country roads in that part of PA would be outstanding.

2.216VTurbo
01-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Hmm, I wonder if any brave niche rental car companies will be renting Hellcats.:evil: Chally or Charger, I'm not picky:eyebrows: We have a place near me in Newport Beach that rents Ferrari's Lambo's etc. They're $795. a day but I'm sure I could inflict that much damage, er get that much enjoyment out of one:amen:

83scamp
01-16-2015, 02:28 PM
I hope they make an announcement soon. I have three big shows I want to go to this year, and all three are two weeks apart:

SDAC-25. Should be June 20-23
Carlisle. July 10-12
Mopars at the Red Barns. July 25

My guess is I'll have to make a choice, because I highly doubt I can get all of those weekends off from work...:(

Reaper1
01-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Waiting too....so I can plan my vacation and see if I can afford it.

85boostbox
01-16-2015, 04:40 PM
I personally would like Detroit. But... I could be biased ;)

ShelGame
01-16-2015, 05:00 PM
I personally would like Detroit. But... I could be biased ;)

Nah, last time it was here I stayed at home instead of the hotel and I feel like I missed most of the shenanigans... Which of course is the best part of SDAC...

83scamp
01-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Nah, last time it was here I stayed at home instead of the hotel and I feel like I missed most of the shenanigans... Which of course is the best part of SDAC...

+1

23 was close enough that I drove to it on the days I could attend. You miss a lot not being at the host hotel...

BadAssPerformance
01-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Please be patient guys, we're working on it... We have 4 chapters working on it. The dates may be the typical weekend or in July.. More coming soon! ... I hope!

cordes
01-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Woah, woah, woah. I don't know that I could do July. I really like being able to say that I get together with you guys the weekend after father's day beause it's the longest day of the year and SDAC is the only place to be on such a special day.

Sgt Craig
01-17-2015, 04:21 PM
I dunno Id rather take 2 long weekends a few weeks apart than take one week off work.Being the only tech where i work it would be really hard to take off that long.

turboshad
01-20-2015, 05:21 PM
I'm not going to lie though; after being so close to home for the last three years a nice long drive will be nice.

Ya, I agree Brian. It would be nice to have a long drive for a change.

cordes
01-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Ya, I agree Brian. It would be nice to have a long drive for a change.

Oh yeah. This is especially true for you. I bet you've only traveled 1.2 gigameters round trip for the last couple of SDACs.

85boostbox
01-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Ah the good ole metric system eh...

Reaper1
01-22-2015, 09:14 PM
If he goes 1.21 gigameters he won't show up until October!

cordes
01-22-2015, 09:22 PM
If he goes 1.21 gigameters he won't show up until October!

He already did that. He left for SDAC 25 next week and got back yesterday. I'm a little miffed that he hasn't at least told me where it's at this year to say the least.

turboshad
01-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Sorry guys, I just got back from SDAC25 and I missed a bit of the conversation. What were we talking about again?

contraption22
01-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Sorry guys, I just got back from SDAC25 and I missed a bit of the conversation. What were we talking about again?

I hope you lost the autocross. Take any decent pictures at least?

BoostedDrummer
01-24-2015, 01:21 AM
Consider the south east so I can actually make it to one of these while I'm not deployed! lol

ATaylorRacing
01-24-2015, 07:36 AM
Thanks for your service....says an 8 year Viet vet!

cordes
01-24-2015, 12:12 PM
I hope you lost the autocross. Take any decent pictures at least?

Are you serious? I think he's still got his big head in the clouds from the top gun at 20 that some people can't get over. On top of that he's always holding out on the photo front. Of all the guys on this site he probably has the most gal and the haughtiest attitude. I can just tell by the tone of his post that he probably beat me by a mile in everything including the road rally. Although I'm pretty sure that he eked out Kronk when the pile or road rally plaques he had slid off the dash and out into the road. The time spent collecting them was the difference between DJ winning and coming in 2nd place.

85boostbox
01-24-2015, 12:16 PM
I feel some good tensions coming out of this already ;) . as long as there is no TU tent meets I think we will be good :)

acannell
01-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Ive never been to any kind of auto show..what are these things like? Esp. the SDAC ones? I have my pit to take care of and it cries to me when I leave the house.

bigbarneycars
01-24-2015, 04:16 PM
YO ACannell. Buzz over to Applebees in LaHabra when the have their monthly get together there and hunt up ah guy that's on this site as 2.2L16VTurbo. (FRIENDZ CALL HIM ALAN) He'll tell you stories about the SDAC Parties that'll make you forget all about your little pooch, lol

cordes
01-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Ive never been to any kind of auto show..what are these things like? Esp. the SDAC ones? I have my pit to take care of and it cries to me when I leave the house.

During the day we attend events and break cars. We work on the cars which have broken in the parking lot in the evenings and overnight. Lots of great people and some great stories come out of it. My first was 17 and I've been to every one since.

Sgt Craig
01-24-2015, 04:35 PM
During the day we attend events and break cars. We work on the cars which have broken in the parking lot in the evenings and overnight. Lots of great people and some great stories come out of it. My first was 17 and I've been to every one since.

....And drink lots of beverages,make trips to emergency rooms,parts stores and make jokes about crashing into a mountain.

24 was my first SDAC.I didnt have anything cool there but I was allowed to make passes on jt's pit bike.I had a really good time and wish i had gone to one sooner.

acannell
01-24-2015, 05:07 PM
YO ACannell. Buzz over to Applebees in LaHabra when the have their monthly get together there and hunt up ah guy that's on this site as 2.2L16VTurbo. (FRIENDZ CALL HIM ALAN) He'll tell you stories about the SDAC Parties that'll make you forget all about your little pooch, lol

sounds like fun!

BTW not that kind of pit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silence_of_the_Lambs_%28film%29

- - - Updated - - -

....And drink lots of beverages,make trips to emergency rooms,parts stores and make jokes about crashing into a mountain.

24 was my first SDAC.I didnt have anything cool there but I was allowed to make passes on jt's pit bike.I had a really good time and wish i had gone to one sooner.

theres a drag strip?

Sgt Craig
01-24-2015, 05:39 PM
sounds like fun!

BTW not that kind of pit

- - - Updated - - -

theres a drag strip?

Yes they had the drags at GLD.I raced Marra on his cheater minibike.Probally the only time hell ever tree me.

cordes
01-24-2015, 05:41 PM
sounds like fun!

BTW not that kind of pit

- - - Updated - - -

theres a drag strip?

Over the last couple of years there has been an autocross, car show, drag racing day, road rally, and awards night.

iTurbo
01-25-2015, 12:32 AM
Had a great time at last SDAC 24 as well in Wisconsin. My Dad and I both really liked the resort and it was very easy to walk right outside and see Shelby Dodges galore and meet with everybody. Easiest access car show ever. I would totally go back if it was held there again. Only regret is I probably drank too much beer haha.

2.216VTurbo
01-26-2015, 01:41 PM

Don't think that I haven't tried to get the guy that lives to machine metal and likes to do advanced math calculations on just about everything automotive related 'cause it's fun' about a dozen times Jer! I've offered to buy parts off him if he shows up to the 'Bees, heck I've even tried to ply him with free beer:partywoot: I think Asa may be one of those not gonna leave my house ever guys;):p

2.216VTurbo
01-26-2015, 02:06 PM

Don't think that I haven't tried to get the guy that lives to machine metal and likes to do advanced math calculations on just about everything automotive related 'cause it's fun' about a dozen times Jer! I've offered to buy parts off him if he shows up to the 'Bees, heck I've even tried to ply him with free beer:partywoot: I think Asa may be one of those not gonna leave my house ever guys;):p

acannell
01-26-2015, 03:22 PM

I would like to at least have my daytona running..otherwise I have to show up in a chevy and thats just so....wrong

cordes
01-26-2015, 07:26 PM
I would like to at least have my daytona running..otherwise I have to show up in a chevy and thats just so....wrong

You couldn't be more off base. Two of my favorite guys at SDAC every year generally roll up in a Caddy.

iTurbo
01-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Ha I felt like it was so wrong to bring my CSRT last year.

ANY chance of a Masi 16v powered SOMETHING showing up next year? I am trying hard.

cordes
01-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Ha I felt like it was so wrong to bring my CSRT last year.

ANY chance of a Masi 16v powered SOMETHING showing up next year? I am trying hard.

There is usually at least one masi powered vehicle there each year. I'm surprised there wasn't this year if that was the case.

turboshad
01-27-2015, 12:31 AM
Are you serious? I think he's still got his big head in the clouds from the top gun at 20 that some people can't get over. On top of that he's always holding out on the photo front. Of all the guys on this site he probably has the most gal and the haughtiest attitude. I can just tell by the tone of his post that he probably beat me by a mile in everything including the road rally. Although I'm pretty sure that he eked out Kronk when the pile or road rally plaques he had slid off the dash and out into the road. The time spent collecting them was the difference between DJ winning and coming in 2nd place.

That's it, I'm outta turbo dodges. You guys are al jerks. There's a blue Shadow that eveyone will think is black and a beat up CSX in the for sale section. $1000 for the Shadow and $500 for the CSX or $900 for both.

GLHS069
01-27-2015, 10:04 AM
That's it, I'm outta turbo dodges. You guys are al jerks. There's a blue Shadow that eveyone will think is black and a beat up CSX in the for sale section. $1000 for the Shadow and $500 for the CSX or $900 for both.

that's not blue it's more of a green color. must be something to do with the Canadian air that makes you go a little colorblind.

Reaper1
01-27-2015, 02:39 PM
I thought it was purple....

:p

1FastCSX289
01-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Cleveland was talked about a few years ago. Im hoping that comes back around.

moparman76_69
01-27-2015, 04:57 PM

My wife's Cutlass has been to more SDACs than my van.

contraption22
01-27-2015, 05:34 PM

Oh come on. This is ridiculous. You should really part them out.

cordes
01-27-2015, 07:11 PM

You guys are too much.

T-Bohn
01-27-2015, 07:53 PM

You have PM :thumb:

iTurbo
01-27-2015, 10:22 PM
There is usually at least one masi powered vehicle there each year. I'm surprised there wasn't this year if that was the case.

Yeah I was bummed that I couldn't find one. Just the sound of it idling and oogling over it would have been pretty darn cool. Ironically the closest thing I have is my CSRT which has a very similar valve train design. I might just be firing the darn thing up soon so I'll find out soon enough.

I was also very surprised at the lack of Shelby Lancers last year. There were at least a dozen '89 CSX cars (out of 500) but only one SL (out of 800). It was the '89 CSX 25th anniversary though.

cordes
01-27-2015, 10:27 PM

Yeah I was bummed that I couldn't find one. Just the sound of it idling and oogling over it would have been pretty darn cool. Ironically the closest thing I have is my CSRT which has a very similar valve train design. I might just be firing the darn thing up soon so I'll find out soon enough.

I was also very surprised at the lack of Shelby Lancers last year. There were at least a dozen '89 CSX cars (out of 500) but only one SL (out of 800). It was the '89 CSX 25th anniversary though.

I was surprised by that too. Usually there are at least 2-3. There were 13 CSX VNTs there at the peak if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not off to check out the valve train for the CSRT4s now that you've said that I would add.

cordes
01-27-2015, 10:33 PM
Holy crap, that makes me want a CSRT4 even more now. Come on depreciation...

supercrackerbox
01-28-2015, 02:35 AM
Make me an offer I can't refuse . . .

glhs0075
01-29-2015, 10:57 AM

$900 for both!? I just love these guys that think their cars are made out of gold because it says "Shelby" on it. I've bought several that were in much nicer shape, and for half as much !!!

glhs0075
01-29-2015, 11:57 AM

I thought he had already parted out the blue/black/grey/green/purple Shadow? :D

Sgt Craig
02-09-2015, 11:48 AM
any updates?

85boostbox
02-09-2015, 12:49 PM
^this :)

spirit1991
02-11-2015, 08:27 AM
looking forward to making my first sdac! When is the date/location usually set by? Running out of time to request off

2manyturbos
02-11-2015, 08:49 AM
^This!

BadAssPerformance
02-14-2015, 01:20 PM
We apologize for the dealy and are quite behind from where we planned to be at this time. We hope to have an announcement soon

cordes
02-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Come on, Bangor Maine!

BoostedDrummer
02-14-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm in middle georgia, but I'll take something as far as tennesee. I wanna make it to one of these! lol

cordes
02-14-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm in middle georgia, but I'll take something as far as tennesee. I wanna make it to one of these! lol

No, no, no. If you're in GA you want to be rooting for CA!

BoostedDrummer
02-14-2015, 02:42 PM
No, no, no. If you're in GA you want to be rooting for CA!
NEEEVVVAAARRRRR!!!!! lol

Reaper1
02-16-2015, 03:27 PM
No, he's serious. Root for CA and it'll be at your backdoor! ;)

turboshad
02-17-2015, 07:44 PM
I've been hearing rumors of Edmonton and a date change to the first weekend after Valentines day.

cordes
02-17-2015, 07:51 PM
I've been hearing rumors of Edmonton and a date change to the first weekend after Valentines day.

I've been feeling a sickness coming on fast. I think the only Dr. who deals in this disease lives in those parts. I had better set out ASAP. I can crash at your place right?

contraption22
02-17-2015, 08:02 PM

Apparently those track-drive kits you've been working on have moved to production stage.

turboshad
02-18-2015, 11:50 AM
I've been feeling a sickness coming on fast. I think the only Dr. who deals in this disease lives in those parts. I had better set out ASAP. I can crash at your place right?

The room is ready. I even turned the heat off so you'll feel more at home.

Apparently those track-drive kits you've been working on have moved to production stage.

Tracks in the front, skis in the back. :D

cordes
02-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Thanks DJ. It's the Canadian hospitality that will really make this year's event.

Sgt Craig
02-18-2015, 07:57 PM
http://www.miridiatech.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/inquiring_minds_logo.png

Keito
02-18-2015, 08:20 PM

Are you sure you don't need more cowbell?

cordes
02-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Are you sure you don't need more cowbell?

More BOV!

iTurbo
02-22-2015, 06:13 PM
We apologize for the dealy and are quite behind from where we planned to be at this time. We hope to have an announcement soon

:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Keito
02-27-2015, 08:30 AM
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag11/keithalto/295wfu9_zps3x8kss7r.gif

Force Fed Mopar
02-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Bring it to the South already! lol

BIGBRUDDA
02-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Lancaster, PA, July 5 thru 9.