PDA

View Full Version : Any rust inside your hood?

francois
01-02-2015, 11:03 AM
When I bought my Csrt4 last year, I made sure that the hood didn't started rusting since I have seen on a previous one I went to see when I was in the market, that had started under where the join is in the front and on the side.
I did an oil treatment and when last spring arrived, I noticed that the front of the hood had started bubbling on the outside. Obviously, the damage had started in the inside portion.
Those hoods, no clue about the non-Srt4 model, but every time it rains, there is water trapped in that hood so when you popped you'll see water coming down on each side where the hinge are. Not good when you lived in a salty environment...

6 years old...wouldn't that be considered premature ?!? this ain't a Mazda 3...
Beside the suspension arms ans subframe, there is no trace of rust anywhere.

GLHNSLHT2
01-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Salt needs to be banned from use. In this age of safety you'd think all those rusted out dangerous hulks of cars would be high on the radar.

supercrackerbox
01-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Can't say that I've noticed anything yet, but I'll keep an eye on it. My car came from San Antonio, so this is the first real winter it has seen.

iTurbo
01-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Haven't seen a spec of rust on my car yet. It's pretty high and dry here in Wyoming and they don't use salt much here either.

supercrackerbox
01-06-2015, 02:10 AM
Lincoln (Nebraska) starts hosing down the streets with salt solution at even a hint of bad weather.

Keito
01-06-2015, 07:14 AM
In Cleveland, they mix the brine with molasses to make it stick, screws up the garage floor in a hurry.

sdac guy
01-18-2015, 11:12 AM
I know someone that has a CSRT4 and they took their car back to the dealer when this problem developed. The dealer replaced the hood under warranty. It is a known problem. Whether yours is too old to get it fixed under warranty or not, I don't know. This happened to my friend a couple years ago.

Barry