PDA

View Full Version : ARP rod bolts

Murphy
01-07-2006, 01:56 PM
I bought a set of rods already mounted on JE pistons...can i still use ARP rod bolts? or would i have to demount the pistons? would it be bad the demount and remount the pistons like that?

Thank You

mo' parts
01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
you can use them, but the rods will have to be re-sized. so yea, the pistons have to come off, but they will be fine. just be careful when removing them, do it over carpet or something soft in case one should be dropped accidently, as the aluminum is very soft.
or you could let the machine shop do it when the rods are resized. if the rods arent already drillied on the pin end for extra oiling, this would be a good time to do it.

86Shelby
01-09-2006, 09:33 PM
or you could let the machine shop do it when the rods are resized. if the rods arent already drillied on the pin end for extra oiling, this would be a good time to do it.

I vote for this option. Why take the chance that you could screw up the piston taking the snap rings off to take the pin out? have the professionals do it, it won't cost much more at all to have them do it.

shadowdude
01-29-2006, 08:23 PM
exactly true,cost me less than 100 bucks ,maybe even less ,cant remember but it is a sure way to go .:thumb:

Murphy
01-29-2006, 08:44 PM
oh yeah srry forget about this thread.....

but this will deffinately be done by a machine shop