PDA

View Full Version : EPROM burner/copier...........

ShelbyMotorsports
09-25-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm looking for a STAND ALONE eprom copier. Saw one on ebay that looked ok but the price went higher then I wanted to pay for something that will just sit in the garage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-EPROM-Copier-and-Programmer-with-4-sockets_W0QQitemZ300023400115QQihZ020QQcategoryZ46 61QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anybody have one or know of one for sale? Remember I'm looking for a STAND ALONE copier/programmer only.

Does willem make a stand alone unit?

Anonymous_User
09-25-2006, 11:50 PM
It appears to me from that link that in stand alone mode, you can only copy a PROM onto up to 3 other blank PROM's.

Care to elaborate what you plan to use this for? I don't see a benefit of the stand alone unit.

ShelbyMotorsports
09-26-2006, 11:46 AM
It appears to me from that link that in stand alone mode, you can only copy a PROM onto up to 3 other blank PROM's.

I don't have to have one that has three blank sockets in fact the ones I've seen before have just two sockets. One socket is maked as master and the other socket is for a blank chip.

The benefit of a stand alone is so that it can be used in the garage without having to have a pc taking up space.

cordes
09-26-2006, 12:47 PM
All of the stand alone units that I have ever seen are enough money to get a cheap salvation army laptop and burner from mcumall.com

ShelbyMotorsports
09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
This isn't the exact one I recall seeing on ebay but is close.

http://www.logicaldevices.com/Products/shooter3c.htm

I want to say they were selling for $50-60 about a year ago.

Aries_Turbo
09-30-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah but all you can do with that is burn identical copies of a chip.... you still have to hook it to a pc to burn a bin file to it..... doesnt make sense to me.

Brian

Anonymous_User
09-30-2006, 11:30 PM
doesnt make sense to me.

Yeah, I still don't get it.

Aries_Turbo
10-01-2006, 02:38 PM
i mean, are you looking for something that you pop a bin file into on a floppy or jumpdrive or SD card and it burns it to a chip without a PC.... i dont even know of anything like that at all.

Brian