PDA

View Full Version : Stopped by Rossion

GTP#44
12-05-2014, 11:54 AM
I stopped by Rossion today on the way to work and they have done an amazing clean out.
The scrap guy is the happiest ever his pick up was overloaded.
It was sad to see all the totally good parts and pieces getting thrown out.
The shop is where they have cleaned up the containers are still full of stuff.
I found a few cool things today.
Check out the Corvette powered Consulier I kind of like the rear end..... I see corvette tail lights..!
I like the wheels also.

Johnny
12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
They wanted a large price for all that stuff, but now they are just tossing it. At least they could have called and said to "here, come get it".

Rrider
12-05-2014, 01:14 PM
So lame.

Somebody scooped up the unibodies piled out back right? The black crash test one and the yellow "radical" racer and the couple others??

2.216VTurbo
12-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Shelby did same thing at their Whittier plant years ago. A bunch of us got to do the 'plant tour' with the SDAC club in 93 IIRC, there were huge bins filled with heads, TII turbos, 2 piece intakes-basically everything you'd find on any of the Whittier Shelby Cars that were built there over the four year run. I found out after the fact in 95 or 96 (it was after the 94 Newport Beach auction sold off all the 'good stuff') By talking to a guy that was working at the plant at the time. I remember him telling me directly, "Yep, we threw away 11 industrial sized dumpsters full of stuff before they tore the old buildings down":mad: The one thing about that that made me the most pi$$ed off is that there was one Ex Shelby employee that 'got the call' to come get stuff. He did, he scored some cool items but then DIDN'T tell any of the rest of the club. Bastid!

GTP#44
12-05-2014, 02:53 PM
So lame.

Somebody scooped up the unibodies piled out back right? The black crash test one and the yellow "radical" racer and the couple others??
The Yellow Radical Racer was being smashed with the forklift while I was there so it could fit in the dumpster.
Van unibodies are up for grabs if you want I was told.
They were throwing out entire walls of fasteners .....because they are in the way.
I think the investors have taken control and they want to start/go forward new and clean...I love a clean workshop..!!

player1up
12-05-2014, 03:08 PM
#44, PM me your contact info. Maybe I can talk my brother into stopping by and loading up is truck.
What's the timeframe on when that stuff will be gone?

Chris W
12-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Shelby did same thing at their Whittier plant years ago. A bunch of us got to do the 'plant tour' with the SDAC club in 93 IIRC, there were huge bins filled with heads, TII turbos, 2 piece intakes-basically everything you'd find on any of the Whittier Shelby Cars that were built there over the four year run. I found out after the fact in 95 or 96 (it was after the 94 Newport Beach auction sold off all the 'good stuff') By talking to a guy that was working at the plant at the time. I remember him telling me directly, "Yep, we threw away 11 industrial sized dumpsters full of stuff before they tore the old buildings down":mad: The one thing about that that made me the most pi$$ed off is that there was one Ex Shelby employee that 'got the call' to come get stuff. He did, he scored some cool items but then DIDN'T tell any of the rest of the club. Bastid!

I heard stories about Han Herman heads sliding across the concrete floor towards the dumpster. If only they would have gotten into the right hands.

Chris-TU

GTP#44
12-05-2014, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=player1up;1064074]#44, PM me your contact info. Maybe I can talk my brother into stopping by and loading up is truck.
What's the timeframe on when that stuff will be gone
He better step on it.
I talked to Dave Christian he is the parts guy for Rossion.
It is getting cleaned as we type.

Johnny
12-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Randy told me that they had this....I called and talked to Dave, the parts guy. He emailed me this shot.
Same (or close) seats I have in my car. I want it! I find out next week what they want for it, thats when Mike is back.

cordes
12-06-2014, 01:23 PM

Ouch. That's got to sting to this day.

ForzaV12
12-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Especially when the parts get resold.

Ouch. That's got to sting to this day.

cordes
12-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Especially when the parts get resold.

Yikes. I'll have to withhold comment as I don't know the whole story. Yikes again...