PDA

View Full Version : color change

5sp. mini
01-07-2006, 11:00 AM
I have a prep guy to get my shadow ready for paint and do the door jams and that stuff. But what shade of yellow would look the best. and leave the skirting the same color or go black? It,s a ES with grey seats/ black top.AL

Tony Hanna
01-13-2006, 02:02 AM
I'm not sure what shade of yellow they used on the DC Yellowbird Shadow, but that was one sharp looking car. There's a picture of it about 1/4 of the way down the page here (http://www.thedodgegarage.com/factory_hotrods.html). Maybe somebody here knows what the paint code for that yellow was.

turbovanmanČ
01-13-2006, 02:28 AM
I still have that Hot Rod magazine somewhere with that yellow Shadow. I loved that car, I wonder why I never bought one?????? Anyhoo, I say black skirts and black stripes on the bumper, my Yellow parts ES has that, looks wicked.

LeGweg
01-13-2006, 11:41 PM
I say black skirts and black stripes on the bumper

:nod:

5sp. mini
01-14-2006, 12:31 AM
i was told that was last year she said pink now O M G. pink with black. at least it will match her motor. but it's her car. she was looking at a pink awd turbo talon on Ebay. i don't want to have to fix that:( i just love that DC shadow. as she told me i never told you what to do with your sex van. thats what she calls it. HELP AL

85shelbycharger
01-14-2006, 01:04 PM
:nod:

:nod: :nod:

Tony Hanna
01-15-2006, 06:03 PM
i was told that was last year she said pink now O M G. pink with black. at least it will match her motor. but it's her car. she was looking at a pink awd turbo talon on Ebay. i don't want to have to fix that:( i just love that DC shadow. as she told me i never told you what to do with your sex van. thats what she calls it. HELP AL

I dunno what to tell you man. If it's her car, it's pretty much her decision. All I can suggest is to steer her away from it being subtle over time.
Show her some pics of different color cars and see if you can find something she likes better. You might also mention that nobody in their right mind would ever buy it if she needed to sell it for some reason.

cordes
01-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I would paint as much of it black as possible.

beavis1313
01-17-2006, 01:42 AM
it wouldn't be the first pink P body
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9323/mutlipinky5uf.jpg

ThrusterDuster94
02-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Actually pink and black two tone looks kinda cool for a girl's car, wouldnt paint my car that color combo but i was starting to paint my g/f beretta candy pink on bottom, and black up top then the motor blew, oh well anyways if she's set on pink i'd do from the bodyline (close to the top of the door) up black, and everything from there down pink, I used house of kolor zenith gold basecoat (bc12) and topped it with pink candy (uk18) it's a really deep/wet looking hot pink color not that flowery foo foo pink like the car above lol. anyways just something to think about if you want pm me and i'll get you a pic of the color i still have the doors off my g/f car at my parents house so i can take a pic when im there this sun.