PDA

View Full Version : Took out the "brown turd" for a little street racing :)

ShadowFromHell
10-29-2014, 10:42 PM
Took my 87 NY out for a little street fun on sunday. Its a NY with just a T2 LM conversion. Everything is stock but the SRT IC, 15psi, MP ECU, and the cat has been removed. Still has the stock muffler lol.

I normally launch off of boost pressure but dont have more boost gauge wired in (no light) so I was launching off of engine noise. Huge disavantage :(

First run, a 350z that ran 13.80s this summer. Loaded up on the TC, cut it loose and spun like crazy. I peddled it trying to get it to hook but it was to late and rode it out. He only beat me by 4 cars! Even though I lost I was stoked.

Second run was against a RX8. This time I got a good launch and walked him HARD. He gave some exuse about traction control and we went at it again with the same results.

At this point I though I had my launch down and decided to go at the 350 again. This time I launched way to low and he just left me. I think if I would have got a good launch he still would have beat me but it would have been close.

All in all I had a blast. First time out racing in a long time and the first time racing the NY. Its faster then I have been giving it credit for. Now its time for more fuel, more boost, 3" exhaust and my drag radials!

I have a vid of the runs with the RX8. If I can find somewhere to host it I will post it up.

*EDIT*

I have video!

http://s291.photobucket.com/user/TurboshadowWA/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141027_001926_zpsoqffcib8.mp4.html

Vigo
10-29-2014, 11:24 PM
Nice!

It is still auto, right?

ShadowFromHell
10-30-2014, 12:55 AM
Yup. Really its a stock T2 car on 15 psi with a front mount.

BoostedDrummer
10-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Nice! I wish I had video rolling everytime I roll against someone... lol

RoadWarrior222
10-30-2014, 09:19 AM
"What the hell is in that thing??" LOL

Ondonti
10-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Looks like you guys just went out in the middle of nowhere. How did that get organized in lil' prosser? More fun. Even though you lost to the 350z, I think you have a large advantage against FWD cars that might be a lot faster since you are auto. I think my daily would get whooped by a 350z from a dig but have no problem rolling. If you could leave harder he would really have to catch up to you and that is fun even if you lose.

ShadowFromHell
10-30-2014, 04:08 PM
There is a pretty good sized car scene in the lower valley. I dont have the light for my boost gauge wired up so I was guessing where I was launching. That killed me.

MILKCARTON
10-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Nice, my favorite pass time, I go out every Fri/Sat night

ShadowFromHell
10-30-2014, 11:47 PM
One of mine too. Problem is around here there is a lot of turbo Honda's. Doesn't take much to make them fast these days. At least faster then a low buck turbo mopar lol.

blk86trbo
10-31-2014, 01:33 PM
I get a kick outta the car "Thanking you" every time you released the parking brake haha