PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Slave Cylinder

bfarroo
10-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Just wanted to verify that this is the correct slave cylinder for the clutch. From the pictures I've found it looks right.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/perfection-clutch-technovation-clutch-slave-cylinder-37494/3664007-P

MPI_duster
10-20-2014, 09:00 PM
That's the correct one.

Harold
11-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Is this a easy job?

168glhs1986
11-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Brian did mine in pkg lot at sdac in 30 min but it would have taken me 6 hours.

I bought mine from pesasus racing and it was identical to the one removed. Going off memory its a girling 75a

player1up
11-07-2014, 09:56 AM
The slave cyl isn't too hard ( easier if you have the driver rear wheel off ).

1 line, 2 bolts, and the push rod to remove.

The goofy thing is that my "lifetime warranty" slave cyl from autozone failed in about 2 months. Leaking out between the cyl and bore. When I went back to have it replaced they said it was no longer available.
So I ordered one from Rock Auto....The one I got from there is a better unit.
The autozone one had quite a bit of clearance between the piston and housing and had thinner ribbing between the mounting holes and the main body.
The Rock Auto unit has very little clearance and is a bit thicker of a casting.

I should mention that the clutch fluid was BLACK when replacing it the second time ( 2 months old and I flushed it ALL when I did it the first time )... turns out the braided lines were failing ( coming apart ) internally... A local Napa made me some hydraulic / brake lines for about $90

The master cylinder that I used was a wilwood remote reservoir unit .75 diameter and was about the same price as the .70 unit from Pegasus.

Replacing the master cyl is MUCH harder and requires contortionist abilities and/or the help of a leprechaun :)

168glhs1986
11-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Sorry yes it was the master cylinder he replaced as well as clutch slave cylinder when I first got it. My bad