PDA

View Full Version : New SDAC Website !!

sdac guy
01-07-2006, 04:21 AM
I am delighted to announce that the revamped SDAC website is now online!

Hosted by Turbo-Mopar.com

I've added a picture gallery for the SDAC-15 car show pics. Click on the thumbnail image to see the larger pic, and all pics have captions to identify the cars!

Hope you enjoy the site. I have tested it fully before going live, but if you have comments or problems be sure to let me know.

Barry

Marcus86GLHS
01-07-2006, 07:49 AM
"...I've added a picture gallery for the SDAC-15 car show pics...."

BARRY i clicked on your link above (sdac.org) and only saw a link to pix of sdac-14. do i have the link right?

also, if i join sdac, does that mean i also have to join my regional chapter (new england) or does the one membership get me the whole ball of wax?

Tony Fields
01-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Great site!.... :thumb: Thanks ButchN for the address

BTW the caption above the picture of my 1988 Shelby Z says I'm from Ohio.

I am from Indiana

Thanks again

sdac guy
01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
BARRY i clicked on your link above (sdac.org) and only saw a link to pix of sdac-14. do i have the link right?You may have to hit refresh, or clear your temp int files folder, or it may be that the dns servers/routers for your area haven't quite got the new pathing yet (we switched hosts to this server). Give it a day and please let me know if the problem persists.

also, if i join sdac, does that mean i also have to join my regional chapter (new england) or does the one membership get me the whole ball of wax?SDAC and the chapters are separate in that regard, membership in one does not translate to membership in the other (at least for chapters that charge dues). Some chapters (OVC comes to mind) require SDAC membership for chapter membership, and the dues for the local chapter is either very low or non-existant.

BTW the caption above the picture of my 1988 Shelby Z says I'm from Ohio.

I am from Indiana(Slaps head) Oh, I know that, but when I was editing the comments in I saw Columbus and typed Ohio (you're from Columbus IN). I will fix that later today. For the record, each picture is displayed using it's own html file. So for the comments to the 120 pictures there, I had to open, edit, save, & close 120 different files. Not only the comments needed editing but other attributes also. So that is pretty much all I've done for the last two days ... and all in a hurry at that. :eyebrows:

I appreciate the feedback guys!

Barry

BadAssPerformance
01-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Website looks good Barry! :thumb:

I really need to send you my pics form 7 thru 15 now!

GLHS592
01-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Barry,

I can send you some pictures of SDAC 12 and 13 if you want it.

sdac guy
01-07-2006, 01:28 PM
I really need to send you my pics form 7 thru 15 now!

I can send you some pictures of SDAC 12 and 13 if you want it.
Yep, now is the time!

Barry

Frank
01-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Feel free to have me make new categories in the TM Photo Gallery for pictures also... can't have too many "backups!" LOL.

85shelbycharger
01-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Looks great Barry :thumb:

GLHS592
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Barry,

I have so many of them that it would be a pain to e-mail them. I will go through my pics and burn them on a CD and US mail them to you.

sdac guy
01-07-2006, 09:09 PM
That would be great Kevin, thanks.

I want to limit the galleries to SDAC events and events SDAC attends such as Carlisle & the Nats, for example. But I also want to have more pics available on the SDAC site than anywhere else in the SD/TD/TM realm. We never had this kind of space available to us before.

Today we are at about 60MB (with the GL chapter site there too), but by summer I would not be surprised to see the site grow to more than triple that figure, all by photo galleries.

Later plans include a members area where we will have a member's rides section and other items of use to our members only (VIN list lookups?).

Barry

Frank
01-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Barry,

I have so many of them that it would be a pain to e-mail them. I will go through my pics and burn them on a CD and US mail them to you.

if you want, I could set you up a temporary ftp directory/login to upload them. just PM me and Barry if that is what you want to do.

frank

GLHS592
01-07-2006, 11:26 PM
if you want, I could set you up a temporary ftp directory/login to upload them. just PM me and Barry if that is what you want to do.

frank

You are talking to Mr. Non Computer Guy. I haven't a clue how to do that. :p

Marcus86GLHS
01-08-2006, 06:42 AM
BARRY its 1-8-06 and still cant see any sdac-15 pix, when i go to www.sdac.org i see at the top this caption:

"SDAC-15 was held in the Cincinnati Ohio area June 25-29, 2005
And was sponsored in part by: "

and below that i see a link titled: "Photographs from the SDAC archives. "

when i click on that link i get these photo galleries listed:gallery 1, gallery 2, and sdac-14.

i am running internet explorer V 6.0, maybe that cant see your new format?

Frank
01-08-2006, 07:07 AM
Go into IE and clear your cache and history.

Frank

Frank
01-08-2006, 07:32 AM
You are talking to Mr. Non Computer Guy. I haven't a clue how to do that. :p

It will be real simple.... sending a PM to you.

sdac guy
01-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Marcus,
Frank is right. In Internet Explorer, click on 'Tools' up top. Then on 'Internet Options' at the bottom of the drop down menu. Click on 'Delete Files' and on 'Clear History'. That should fix it up. Note, this should also free up tons of disk space if you are not in the habit of doing this on a regular basis.

There is also an option you can set in 'Settings' that says 'Check for newer versions of stored pages', I have mine checked for 'every time'. With that set it will slow down the browsing experience for modem users for repeated looks at a page, but will also assure that every time you ask to see a site or a page that IE goes out and gets it and not brings it up from stored versions on your disk.

Barry

Marcus86GLHS
01-08-2006, 10:16 AM
i deleted the temp files, cleared the history, and tried the link in BARRY's signature again, no change. i hit referesh, no change.

looks like my version of IE cannot see the new website, just the old one.

BARRY, can you post the full address that goes direct to the specific area of your site that has the sdac-15 pix archive? maybe that would work. thanx for the help.

Frank
01-08-2006, 12:06 PM
hmm. there is no exsistance of the old site on the new server... i wonder if you ISP does not have the latest routing tables and is linking to the older server still.

Frank

sdac guy
01-08-2006, 01:13 PM
The ISP needing routing update has to be the problem. I will see if there is something I can put on the old site to do a redirect.

Expect an email Frank!

Barry

sdac guy
01-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I put up a redirect on the old site, just tested it and it works. So you should be able to see the new site now.

Barry

GLHS592
01-08-2006, 02:32 PM
It will be real simple.... sending a PM to you.

Cool. I'll do it sometime today.

Marcus86GLHS
01-09-2006, 04:45 PM
"... So you should be able to see the new site now....."

Barry thank you, i can get to it now, nice site.

btw, i like that GLH-T of yours.

GLHS592
01-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Cool. I'll do it sometime today.

I never could get it to work. I'll just mail them. :(

crazy1eye
01-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Looks good Barry:thumb:

I noticed on the links page you still have a link for Relentless Racing, D'oh!

sdac guy
01-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Looks good Barry
I noticed on the links page you still have a link for Relentless Racing, D'oh!Thanks Pat. Yep, I almost took it off, but ... I checked all the links to get rid of the dead ones and Relentless is still a valid site, so I left it. Actually M squared was the only one that didn't come up. I didn't know whether they are still doing it, or if the site has changed or what, so I took it off because it was a dead link.

Barry

Frank
01-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Can I have a link to Squirrel Performance? www.squirrelpf.com

Frank

sdac guy
01-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Can I have a link to Squirrel Performance?It's done. If you want a different description let me know. I only browsed your site quickly and what I wrote is the impression I got (also that I try to write something a little different for every link).

Barry

Frank
01-10-2006, 11:35 AM
It goes to Relentless's sight.

sdac guy
01-10-2006, 12:46 PM
It goes to Relentless's sight.Ooopths! I didn't quite finish the copy & paste, huh? :lol:

I rearranged all the club and online links at the same time (which I meant to do before we went live with it), and when I copied and pasted the old link (easier than creating new) I did change the name but forgot to change the url reference, and then I never tested it afterwards ....

Another instance of computers not being that smart, it did what I told it to do, not what I wanted it to do! :D

It is fixed now (and tested).

Barry

Frank
01-10-2006, 12:58 PM
You are the man! :thumb: