PDA

View Full Version : front and rear door handles the same? L-body

Johnny
10-05-2014, 01:04 PM
I am needing to buy door handles and fix someones Omni. Been so long since I had to do this.
Are the front doors the same as the rear?
I am also wondering...Left and right different ?

rare_ram
10-05-2014, 01:42 PM
All 4 the same.

Johnny
10-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks!!!

ATaylorRacing
10-06-2014, 12:33 PM
I always carry a couple of spares to the dragstrip and never broke the drivers door one there...but used to break that one when out and about and if no spares!

GLHS60
10-06-2014, 02:46 PM
I think OEM exterior door handles are different from left to right.

Thanks
Randy

supercrackerbox
10-07-2014, 01:36 AM
I think OEM exterior door handles are different from left to right.

Thanks
Randy

Not to my knowledge, and I've always got them from the dealership. Except the one time I found an Omni in the junkyard with three broken handles and three NIB Mopar handles in the back seat.

OmniLuvr
10-08-2014, 05:24 PM
the key to hopefully not breaking again is to adjust the linkage, I think there is a little hole in the door next to the latch, and I think there is an allen head screw, when you loosen it, there should be a certain amount of play that cant be adjusted out by sliding the little cresent shaped bracket. you should be able to find it...

Johnny
10-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Yes, did that on my GLHS and never broke one again.

But this is a friends GLH I am working on. He just bought it.

OmniLuvr
10-09-2014, 11:49 AM
sweet, just wanted to make sure, it really makes all the difference when adjusted, I replaced my first one when I was 17, lasted a month, until i figured out why they were breaking other than age...

rbryant
10-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Not to my knowledge, and I've always got them from the dealership. Except the one time I found an Omni in the junkyard with three broken handles and three NIB Mopar handles in the back seat.

IIRC the spring is on the opposite side depending on left or right handle but I think they can still work on either side.

I used to find the only redeeming quality of an omni was that it had twice as many replacement door handles for my charger! ;)

-Rich