PDA

View Full Version : What's a good CSRT specific forum?

supercrackerbox
09-30-2014, 03:03 PM
I've already signed up with calibersrt4.net trying to find a few parts for mine, but I seem to be having communication issues with these kids. :banghead:

iTurbo
09-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Oh man tell me about it.

What are you looking for? I have a BIG tub full of parts for mine I hope to install this winter.

supercrackerbox
09-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Stock air box snorkel that routes the air from the grille to the air box.

thedon809
09-30-2014, 09:36 PM
If you can't find one, I work at a dealer and could get you one for my price.

supercrackerbox
09-30-2014, 11:01 PM
I was actually about ready to just price one at the dealer to avoid the headache. Go ahead and see what you can do and PM me with the price.

francois
10-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Aha, I was wondering the same questions...

And I need to get that part too, go figure. Mine has a hole on the top and I am missing the rod that hold the hood.

supercrackerbox
10-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Odd, I looked at one in Oklahoma that was missing the prop rod, and saw an ad on the CSRT board where someone is selling his prop rod.

As for the airbox piece, most of them seem to think that it's ugly and serves no purpose. Even on the local SRT group on Facebook, I got the argument "It doesn't matter that you're pulling in hot engine bay air, because that's what you INTERCOOLER is for!" I immediately left that group. Otherwise, they simply don't understand what I'm asking for. Here's the thread I have going on calibersrt4.net, if you can read it: http://www.calibersrt4.net/showthread.php?t=59593

What's up with these kids?

supercrackerbox
10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=57-1560

This is the airbox that is in the car. What I do not have is the piece that feeds the airbox from the grille.

86Shelby
10-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Must register to view the thread. I'll take your word that you'll be more productive asking the creepy neighbor if he has one in the 4 ft tall forest that most people would call a back yard. I posted on the Heartland Modern Mopar FB page for ya also.

supercrackerbox
10-01-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm betting a lot of those guys also saw the Omaha SRT thread that turned into an argument of idiots.

thedon809
10-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Kind of forgot about this thread. Did you end up finding one?

supercrackerbox
10-06-2014, 11:16 AM
No, not yet.

cordes
10-06-2014, 09:48 PM
There are so few of those which were made and so few groups of guys like us out there. I think you'll be searching for a while. Heck, I should buy one and start a site with ads. I could make out I bet.

iTurbo
10-07-2014, 09:17 PM
I would research the part number and then look on wholsalemopar.com for a good price. I was able to find a new valve cover for my CSRT for less than $50 from them and it even included the gasket, bolts, and PCV valve.

Despite being plastic, the valve cover held up very well to being powder coated three times (base/color/clear).:D

EDIT: I just remembered that I have actually removed the 'snorkel' part of the air intake on my CSRT. I did this because I have installed the aftermarket upper radiator cover from Inline Carbon (formerly Gizmos Retrofits). The new upper radiator cover does not have provision for the 'snorkel', which I ordered without it because I have a new intake from NeedsWings that I will be installing this winter. I will see if I can get the part number off the snorkel which is out in my garage somewhere...

By the way, how is your "lower splash guard" doing? I replaced my stock plastic piece with a metal/powdercoated one from Inline Carbon....Had no idea mine was busted up so bad until I looked under the front bumper...The stock plastic splash guard is a piece of crap and gets busted up if you look at it crosseyed.

supercrackerbox
10-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Lol I had seen that splash guard issue mentioned and checked it out when I did the oil change. Yeah, it's pretty torn up even though there's not a mark to be found on the lower airdam. That is something I plan to upgrade in the future, but I'm not going to worry about it at least until winter is over. I'll be replacing my foglights then as well. My current ones work great, but they're pretty yellowed and cracking. But there's no sense replacing them now with the Nebraska road crews gearing up to salt and sand the roads in the next few weeks. Heck, on that note, I should probably get some of that 3M protective film for my airdam and nose . . .

Does that replacement splash panel still let you use the cooling ducts for the brakes?

supercrackerbox
10-08-2014, 01:07 AM
There are so few of those which were made and so few groups of guys like us out there. I think you'll be searching for a while. Heck, I should buy one and start a site with ads. I could make out I bet.

You likely could. I know I'd be happy to have more people with more technical knowledge and mechanical experience than kids who just seem to focus on engine dress ups, bigger wheels, and sick stereo installs. I am glad to see at least a couple familiar faces (or at least screen names) like Jeremy and Neil Emero on the CSRT board. But I'm finding that with the low production numbers, the Caliber SRT4 is every bit a niche market as the old guard. Being still somewhat new, there's a fair amount of aftermarket support and still a good availability of factory parts, but give it twenty years and I bet these cars will be even harder to keep up than our first generation turbo Mopars. Which is why if I make any upgrades to mine, the stock parts will definitely be tucked away for safekeeping.

HSKR
10-08-2014, 01:19 AM
I posted on the Heartland Modern Mopar FB page for ya also.

I'm sorry. :banghead:

supercrackerbox
10-08-2014, 01:30 AM
I'm sorry. :banghead:

:lol: Why do you say that?

iTurbo
10-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Lol I had seen that splash guard issue mentioned and checked it out when I did the oil change. Yeah, it's pretty torn up even though there's not a mark to be found on the lower airdam. That is something I plan to upgrade in the future, but I'm not going to worry about it at least until winter is over. I'll be replacing my foglights then as well. My current ones work great, but they're pretty yellowed and cracking. But there's no sense replacing them now with the Nebraska road crews gearing up to salt and sand the roads in the next few weeks. Heck, on that note, I should probably get some of that 3M protective film for my airdam and nose . . .

Does that replacement splash panel still let you use the cooling ducts for the brakes?

Yes, it worked perfectly with my brake cooling ducts! I was very satisfied with the new splash guard from Inline Carbon/Gizmos Retrofits. I had to remove the entire front bumper cover from the car to install it but it was surprisingly easy to do.

HSKR
10-08-2014, 01:57 AM
:lol: Why do you say that?

Oh gee, I dunno, maybe because I was kicked out of the group I started because my cheating whore of an Ex-wife was the president by default, only because I wasn't in Nebraska when we decided to try and become a more formal club and assign Exec positions. Which, by the way, they should be electing new Execs soon.

86Shelby
10-08-2014, 11:29 AM
I had a lead on two of them through there. Both backed out.

iTurbo
10-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Adam, I know what you mean by squirreling away the stock parts for safe keeping in the event of upgrades. I still have all my stock parts except for the busted up splash guard. Heck, I don't even remember doing anything that could have broken it, but sure enough it was fragged the first time I decided to look at it and I've had the car since new.

I'm not sure if Neil Emiro is still active over there, but then again I haven't been very active on the calibersrt4.net forum either lately because of all the cookie kids there. I have a NDPerformance TCS system from Neil waiting to go on my Caliber (as well as a ton of other mods), but I have just been too busy wrenching on my older turbo Mopars to get around to working on the CSRT much. I guess I still prefer working on my older turbo Mopars and still kind of think of the CSRT as 'hands off', but that will change this winter, especially now that the factory warranty is up.

So far, I have modified my CSRT with:
Mopar MS1 ECU
NGK BKR5EIX spark plugs
Gizmos Retrofits splash guard
Gizmos Retrofits upper radiator cover
Modern Performance 'shorty' antenna
Powder coated new OEM valve cover myself

Here is a list of parts I have that I plan to install this winter:
Brembo rotors (plain/stock replacement) and Hawk HPS pads
NeedsWings downpipe/cutout (cats eliminated)
NeedsWings intake
NeedsWings BOV setup (HKS SSQV)
ATP Turbo adapter to use ATP RS BOV instead of squeaky HKS
Gizmos Retrofits steering column dual gauge pod (for eventual Aeroforce dual scan gauge setup)
Gizmos Retrofits A-pillar single pod for aftermarket electronic boost gauge
ND Performance TCS setup (aka driver mod)

I am still on the fence about replacing the Mopar Performance MS1 ECU. Basically the options are either the RealTune MS1K or the DiabloSport Intune or Trinity tuners. At this point I think I will probably go with the RT MS1K v2 (91 octane). I also need to buy new tires soon as my CSRT now has about 34k miles on it and the original Goodyear F1 tires are getting pretty worn. I REALLY want to get a set of Enkei NT03+M wheels (18x9.5 +27 offset), 255/40/18 tires and BC coilovers but that is just ridiculously expensive so I will probably just buy a new set of the OEM Goodyear F1s. Really liked the Goodyear F1s despite the negative reviews on the other forum.

supercrackerbox
10-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Digging through old pictures of the car on the previous owner's facebook, it looks like my car had the Goodyear 'Supercar' tires originally. It now has the same General G-max that was on every single other SRT4 I looked at save the 10k mile one in Pennsylvania. They're ok, but not great. I've gotten them squealing pretty good going around a few corners, and the car will break them loose while rolling if I hammer it in second gear. And that's with the traction control on. When the time comes, I'll be leaning towards the Bridgestone S-04 I think, but for now I'll live with the Generals. They're still well over half tread and new tires for this car are freaking expensive. I briefly had a set of the older generation Goodyear F1s on my old Daytona CS and really liked them though, so who knows.

BTW, what brake pads did these get from the factory? I noticed my front pads are EBC "Yellow Stuff" pads. They work great, but man are they dusty. As for wheels, I really like the stock ones, even if they do weigh a ton. But two of them have a bit of curb rash. If I can afford some downtime come spring, I may have the tires dismounted, file and smooth out the curb rash, and possibly have them stripped and powdercoated a nice gunmetal color. I think that would be a good look for the blue car, and would make the brake dust considerably less noticeable. We're thinking of doing the same thing with my fiancé's Fiesta ST for the very same reason.