PDA

View Full Version : Knock Sensor location idea

turbo84voyager
09-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Im running a DOHC 2.0 intake on my 2.4 SRT4 engine. The knock sensor will not clear the intake without removing an important support on the intake because it appears the knock sensor spot on the block sticks out farther than the old blocks. I tried running the sensor in runner 2 ( there was a hole for the air inlet) but it must be too far away and I am barely getting any readings. There is a spot a little lower in the block where I can put it ( it was for the intake support bracket) or my other idea was to weld a 3/8 nut to the head of my center intake bolt and screw the sensor in there. I believe the nut welded to the bolt should transmit the frequency just fine and is only about 4 inches higher than the stock SRT sensor. Im running the knock tables for the 2.0 so they were setup for the sensor on the engine and not the intake. There really is no other place where I can mount the sensor in the intake. What do you guys think I should do.

Thanks!

Justin

contraption22
09-26-2014, 11:09 AM
You can't cut the support off the intake manifold? If you are talking about the little struts that go from the head flange area to the plenum flange area?

I'd chop those out and not think twice.