PDA

View Full Version : Trouble staying Stoich (Blueberry cal)

bn880
09-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi once again , hope the forum remains healthy.

I'm running a modded BlueBerry cal (cant seem to register on moparchem forums properly) in a 2.2 T2 setup, with a G head and lowered compression, 3 Bar, +40 injectors, stock fuel pressure.

My issue is, that even after rescaling for +40, the system goes into stoichometric mode only after the engine is completely hot and in neutral only. Even after a hot start it can take 2 minutes before the O2 bounces. Otherwise I see a full 1V.

Also there is really no O2 bounce with no throttle in drive. Any ideas? I've been playing with the fuel tables quite a lot, and only after Increasing the no throttle table a bit, I actually got some stoich operation in neutral. Hmm...

bn880
09-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Allrighty then, got it!

I had shorts to positives along the O2 signal wire. Both at the O2 connector, and in cabin leading to the LM. Geez, also the MAP sensor wires cracked just at the connector wall, had to replace that. All this meant 1.5 days spent on trouble shooting, and a week or so of calibrating for no reason. The darned shorts would go away as the wires warmed up, and it would go stoich in idle, thus hiding the wiring issues.

The car was hit by lightning a few months ago, that could be the cause.

Now its in stoichometric. on all my cals, drive/neutral - part/no throttle

Eureka!