PDA

View Full Version : Rossin scavenger hunt

bfarroo
09-18-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm going to be traveling down to Florida to pick up my car and will be stopping by Rossin to look through what they have left for parts and anything I could possibly use for my car. I'm putting this out there for anyone else that may like to tag along. I will be there the 26th of September. I should get into the area some time Thursday evening hopefully to be ready first thing Friday morning. Feel free to post up in this thread if your interested in coming along. I'm going to try to pick up the car Thursday evening to have it along when I go to Rossin.

DaveSkrab
09-18-2014, 10:34 PM
Sweet! Good luck man. Save some of the good stuff for me!

player1up
09-19-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm in! See you there at around 9:30 or so. Have a safe trip.

DaveSkrab
09-19-2014, 12:40 PM
I am planning to be there October 22nd or 23rd. Or perhaps both.

168glhs1986
09-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Randy Dave will also be picking up doors and a windshield from you at that point

Johnny
09-21-2014, 12:32 AM
I still need a targa style engine cover OR the mold to make one.

DaveSkrab
09-21-2014, 12:33 PM
I thought that a targa engine cover was found, and you were getting it Johnny.

Johnny
09-21-2014, 12:43 PM
I got the cover, but it's something other than a targa car engine cover. It is for a hardtop car. I think it's not for a Consuler, but for one of the follow-up cars. The ends by the radiator flare, where the Consulier's stay flat.

DaveSkrab
09-21-2014, 01:19 PM
I see. That's very interesting. Think it could still be used on one in some capacity?

Johnny
09-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Not for a targa.
Maybe a nice wall hanging? :)

bfarroo
09-27-2014, 12:52 AM
The one in the back of my truck might fit! It even has a vin sticker ending in 109. I wonder where It may have come from? It was a long day but we made it through all of the containers and bins in the shop. I'll get pictures up when I get home. I can't seem to upload them with this iPhone. Matt and I can get a rundown of what we found for anyone else going down. Right now I'm going to get some sleep. Picking up my car tomorrow morning and the. Driving back to Wisconsin.

168glhs1986
09-27-2014, 08:03 AM
^^ awesome sauce Benji !

DaveSkrab
09-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Agreed! Good stuff! Please keep us posted on the status and fitment of the cover. My targa is in need of one also. Perhaps we can reproduce them.

Johnny
09-27-2014, 01:40 PM
If I can get one, I can make one for you.

168glhs1986
09-27-2014, 02:33 PM
One or 5

Johnny
09-27-2014, 08:26 PM
As many as cars need them. Only 3 that I know of.

168glhs1986
09-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Think spares if your going to make them

Johnny
09-28-2014, 02:58 PM
hey,anyone that wants to buy a spare is welcome to buy one!

bfarroo
09-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Made it home safe and sound unloading parts now. We'll have to figure out how to get your cover to you along with your other parts Johnny.

Johnny
09-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Take photos!

168glhs1986
09-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Where did you find his cover? In the one container that was so full you couldn't get inside? This was on the top iirc

Johnny
09-28-2014, 07:35 PM
By my understanding....Yes, thats the one they concentrated on.

player1up
09-28-2014, 08:56 PM
There were 3 that we spent most of our time in. 13 and the one on top of that and ...i forget the number.
We literally crawled up/under/through the molds to get into the back of the containers.

We found at least 6 series one coupe engine covers. One that looked like it fit an intruder or a raptor. it had the cutout for the side intake.
A couple of series two covers, 6 or so lower engine covers.
3 series two rear bumpers
4 pallets of glass. Door glass, coupe rear glass and door wing windows.
Tons of small parts from door handles and window regulators and latch mechs to cruise control stalks. Lots of wiring harnesses, 2-3 pallets of headlights. E-brake cables and so much stuff that I've forgotten half of it....
Still lots of things missing though. Like I didn't see ANY front suspension setups, no gas tanks, no steering columns.
There were boxes full of misc parts including motor mounts and a stack of lower intercooler hoses.
We even managed to find a set of rally lights with the bracket for a consulier.....upstairs in the fab shop.... :)
We spent 11 hrs there..

.oh, and ALL of the molds are there.

CoolV300C
09-28-2014, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a good trip. Nice of those guys to let people have free range of the place. So you found a lot of stuff, what did you buy?

DaveSkrab
09-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Sounds like a lot of good stuff, stuff that I will need to pick up on my visit. Only 5 containers were open when I was there in July 2013 to pick up my incomplete targa.

bfarroo
09-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Here's a pic of what I got although now that I have the car there are things that I saw that i still need. Wish it would have worked out to pick the car up before going over there like I planned. The radiator came with the car although it is in rough shape. Looks like it would be fairly easy for a radiator shop to make a replacement if needed.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/1002/medium/IMG_1169.JPG
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/1002/medium/IMG_1167.JPG
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/1002/medium/IMG_1166.JPG

Here are some pictures of the bins that were probably used when assembling the cars as some of the same parts are out in the containers rotting away.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/1002/medium/IMG_1145.JPG
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/1002/medium/IMG_11351.JPG
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/1002/medium/IMG_1132.JPG

CoolV300C
09-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Nice. How much did they charge for the wheels?

DaveSkrab
09-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Benji, if you can have that radiator reproduced, I will purchase one, perhaps two of them.

Johnny
09-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Benji, are you going to make your car into a targa car?

bfarroo
09-29-2014, 12:38 PM
I was thinking of doing something to have a cover incase of inclement weather but didn't find any targa bars. I was thinking to make a removable targa bar so a targa top could go on. The bar in the picture is way different as it is for a roadster. There are no provisions for window glass either. By the paint colors I'm guessing it may have been for the Ken car. I'm currently going to abandon the idea for now as it will be years before I would even get to that stage.

bfarroo
09-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Also we did find about 7-8 windshields in the containers but they are all delaminating from the moisture in the trailers and are in rough shape with white fogged areas all around the outside edges. 2-3 inches deep. If needed they could be used as they are complete. You could probably paint the outside to cover the damaged area or maybe it would clear up once removed from the humid container. I didn't ask what they wanted for one as I don't need one but they would probably give someone a deal if they bought them all.They were relatively fair on price although they know what parts are rare and those are what you will pay a higher price for like the windshields.

300C -
The parts weren't really broken down piece by piece, it was more of a this is what we want for the rare items and you can take everything else. When I asked mike for a price on wheels he originally said 75 per wheel, I didn't need a set but to have a nice new set was on my list for the right price. I offered 25 each but we ended up that if I paid his price on the engine cover, wing, and bumper I could have the rims along with all the other dodge specific parts which I though was fair.

As I go through my car i will but putting together a list that hopefully the round 2 guys can pick up for me. Are any of you planning on going to SDAC next year?

bfarroo
09-29-2014, 01:40 PM
Here are a few pics for Johnny, This should complete the Barbie car.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/1002/medium/IMG_1170.JPG
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/1002/medium/IMG_1171.JPG

Chris W
09-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Anyone else heading down there soon? I need one small item mentioned in the post.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

168glhs1986
09-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Benji you are Johnny's new best friend. I need to refund his money after selling him a part that didn't fit :). I was following Randy's advice since he has a targa :). Haha

bfarroo
09-29-2014, 03:31 PM
If anyone has anything specific they are looking for post it up or shoot me a PM and I can let you know if we seen it there. Like Matt said we were there for 11 hours and there is so much there it's almost overwhelming sorting through 10 tons of crap to find the 1% of useful parts.

Johnny
09-29-2014, 03:37 PM
Benji you are Johnny's new best friend. I need to refund his money after selling him a part that didn't fit :). I was following Randy's advice since he has a targa :). Haha

I told you...I know its no ones fault. We were all excited, no harm done.
AND besides I already contacted Warren to sign it and he said he would
when he is in Oregon next June.

It will be my special piece of wall art.

GTP#44
09-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Johnny used to be our best friend..
My bad for no knowing what parts fit what cars all our heads were mush from the heat.
Dont worry too much I talked to Johnny he has arranged to get Warren to sign the the hatch.
But I am sure he would like a refund also...
One last thing for Benji.
How were you able to tell Consulier molds for sure were they labeled ..?
I did see plenty of molds in the containers but they were MT 900.
I also tried to get the Canoesulier mold (carbon fiber canoe) from Ian ...NOT FOR SALE....I guess let it rot away if you want.

Johnny
09-29-2014, 04:15 PM
ONE OF THESE days we all need to be together at the same time.
we = ....all my best friends :)...
Maybe at a turbo-mopar meet. AND when we know we are meeting, get Warren to come.

bfarroo
09-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Things like the targa rear mold were apparent, also the door molds, front end, Ect were apparent. The one container seemed to have exclusively consulier molds/parts from what we could tell although who knows as they didn't have any labels. I'd bet the two we concentrated on last would have at least 90% of the molds for the consulier. The 900 molds were mostly in the containers at The far end from what we could tell. One for the bottom tub was full of water and looked like a lagoon. I walked the edge of that mold only to find nothing of any importance behind it.

DaveSkrab
09-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Wow! Johnny gonna reproduce that targa top ? I am getting all kinds of antsy now! Really looking forward to my visit in october.

Chris W
09-30-2014, 12:30 AM
If anyone has anything specific they are looking for post it up or shoot me a PM and I can let you know if we seen it there. Like Matt said we were there for 11 hours and there is so much there it's almost overwhelming sorting through 10 tons of crap to find the 1% of useful parts.

We are looking for both Driver's and passenger side window regulators. Haven't put much effort into finding two door Shadow electric regulators which we believe are one in the same. Since Benji spotted them there we figured we could grab some NOS ones from the manufacturer. Also, would be great to get our hands on a dual fan rear end. The single fan Series 1 is having some challenges keeping things cool during the Arizona summer heat.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

player1up
10-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Window regulator part numbers are 4354603 and 4354602

Chris W
10-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Window regulator part numbers are 4354603 and 4354602

Thanks Player1Up. Finding these regulators in usable condition can be difficult though. If they have NOS units and are looking to sell it would save us time in locating one.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

player1up
10-01-2014, 01:30 PM
They had at least 4 sets down there that I saw. Not in the containers, in the metal fab shop on the bottom of the shelves where the misc parts bins are ( the blue bins that Benji posted pics of )
Keep in mind that they aren't modified yet. Mine have some of the teeth welded on both ends of the gear to limit travel.
One thing that I was looking for that I didn't find was the window tracks. They did have tons of the bottom channels ( where the regulator rides ) but none of the vertical side channels

Chris W
10-01-2014, 01:37 PM
They had at least 4 sets down there that I saw. Not in the containers, in the metal fab shop on the bottom of the shelves where the misc parts bins are ( the blue bins that Benji posted pics of )
Keep in mind that they aren't modified yet. Mine have some of the teeth welded on both ends of the gear to limit travel.
One thing that I was looking for that I didn't find was the window tracks. They did have tons of the bottom channels ( where the regulator rides ) but none of the vertical side channels

Welding tooth stops can't be more difficult then creating teeth that are stripped and worn. If anyone is heading down there in the near future it would be great if they could pick up a set for us. I see that Benji grabbed a set in his pile of goodies.

Chris-TU

DaveSkrab
10-01-2014, 05:54 PM
I will be there in 3 weeks time.

bfarroo
10-01-2014, 10:21 PM
There had to have been at least 8 window regulator sets in under the shelves along side the broken front window . They all looked like they had seen some moisture but were all there, some with more surface rust than others.

DaveSkrab
10-10-2014, 06:14 PM
My plan currently is to be at the shop on the 22nd and 23rd. Will be meeting with GTP#44 for at least part of the time. I believe that anyone else would be welcome to join in. PM me if interested.

Johnny
10-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Would you keep your eyes open for any of these?

(the radiator protector grill)

DaveSkrab
10-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Certainly will Johnny!

player1up
10-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Johnny, There was something down there like that. It was riveted to the back side of a broken spoiler, not the front. It wasn't a whole piece though ( split down the middle where the fan was ) and it was made of steel, not aluminum.
I guess it was something else they were trying out.

DaveSkrab
10-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Just a reminder, we will be at rossion tomorrow and thursday scavenging for parts and stuff. Randy will be joining in at some point. I encourage others to join as well.

Harold
10-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Along with Chris if you run across a dual fan rear end and also a TIII engine cover. It has an opening on the drivers side for more air to come into the engine compartment.
https://www.google.com/search?q=shelby+consulier&client=firefox-a&hs=lx8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=nts&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MCJHVMuUAtakyAS1roCQBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1400&bih=917#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=YcR2fe_YmsJjoM%253A%3BOPzMHwS4N8vGkM%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Fwww.turbo-mopar.com%252Fforums%252Fattachment.php%253Fattach mentid%253D47351%2526d%253D1383015028%3Bhttp%253A% 252F%252Fwww.turbo-mopar.com%252Fforums%252Fshowthread.php%253F73106-Consulier-pics-2011%3B575%3B432

bfarroo
10-22-2014, 12:07 AM
I could use a lower engine cover, they had a few throughout the containers from what I remember, it's square and has a few holes cut out for the trans diff to stick through I believe. Not sure what they would want for one. I could email mike and find out. Is anyone that is going down planning on going to sdac next year. The engine cover is a pretty simple piece and may be just as easy for me to make a new one by time I buy it and have it shipped. I could also use an ignition cylinder. there were a pile of them in the blue bins from what I remember. Another part I didn't know I needed until after I picked up the car. I wish my schedule would have worked out to have the car with my at the shop. Would have made it easier to figure out what I needed. My travel schedule got to far out of wack for that to happen so Oh well, I'll figure it out as I go.

168glhs1986
10-22-2014, 06:24 AM
Have a great time guys and good luck on the parts hunt

DaveSkrab
10-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Harold, none of those links seem to be working for me. I *think* I may have found something like that today. It's not exactly an opening some much as having more room on the drivers side.

DaveSkrab
10-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Benji, I will sorta test fit the rear lower cover you are talking about, make sure it's a Consulier part.
No problem on the lock cylinder.

Harold
10-23-2014, 01:35 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?74922-Consulier-in-quot-KIT-CAR-quot-magazine
Hopefully this link works and you can see if this is what you found.

Harold

racelabz
11-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Hey guys...I need an engine cover - HELP!!!!!!!

Johnny
11-07-2014, 07:02 PM
What car? Hardtop? Targa?

DaveSkrab
11-07-2014, 07:13 PM
I have location of 4 other series 1 covers. And 2 series 2 covers, at Rossion.
I also have a spare series 1 hardtop cover, while I was there in October.

polopharm
01-31-2015, 10:55 PM
I have location of 4 other series 1 covers. And 2 series 2 covers, at Rossion.
I also have a spare series 1 hardtop cover, while I was there in October.
Are there any parts left ? Since I am so close, thought I trip to former factory could be a good plan. What parts were left ? Who was last person there?

player1up
02-01-2015, 02:25 AM
I think I was the last one there. I went down on the 17th. It was a bit different than the original scavenger hunt. ALL the parts from inside the shop area are gone. That's really sad because they had enough parts to build 20 more cars...
The list kind of looks like this:
Some hard parts like control arms and even a rusty engine still in a crate.
There are quite a few series one engine covers left. Even a couple of carbon fiber ones.
At least one hammer head front end ( appears to have been cut from a car ) and at least 1 series 2 bumper ( straight out of the mold and not even rough cut )
There are almost 2 pallets of the "bean" wheels like mine, but no chrome ones left and no star wheels.
Mike has a set of +20 injectors in the package on his desk ( pretty cheap too )
2 pallets of headlights
3-4 engine sub frames ( possibly more but I just stumbled across a few )
Glass....boxes and boxes of glass, but no useable* windshields...

* a few series 2 ones that are suffering from delamination / water intrusion

Polopharm, I'll pm you my contact info.
I think it's definitely worth heading down there to poke around , it's like a time capsule. Bring a flashlight and some grippy shoes and be careful ;)

bfarroo
02-04-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm assuming they pitched everything that was inside. Wish they would have said something when we were there, I'd have packed the truck to the top and hauled as much back as I could. There were plenty of nooks and crannies I could have piled small things. I grabbed some things but didn't want to be greedy since others were planning on going down. I know there were quite a few like new lower TII intercooler hoses piled on the shelves inside, I grabbed a few but would have taken the whole lot if I knew they were going to be thrown out. Oh well what can you do. I'm hoping to get started on mine this summer. I'm going to plan to get it running/driving and then blow it apart for bodywork and paint. It's going to be a few year project at least unless I find some hidden ambition and a full time babysitter!

polopharm
03-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Going to rossion tomorrow with Randy. Any requests?

168glhs1986
03-03-2015, 06:04 PM
See if you can get a trophy or two for me. I'd like one of the One Lap Trophies or Nelson Ledges trophies so I can display with my car at shows.

Johnny
03-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Headlight surrounds, the fiberglass pieces.

bfarroo
03-06-2015, 12:21 AM
I'd be in for some headlight surrounds also if you find multiple sets. I didn't find any when Matt and I were there. I also need whatever the headlights mount to.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it you would happen to come across a gas tank that would be nice also.

polopharm
03-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Will keep everyone posted. I will try n do a brief inventory.

Chris W
03-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Headlight surrounds, the fiberglass pieces.

Can send you mine if you want to repro...

Chris-TU

Johnny
03-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Thanks. It on my list of things. It will wait though. Maybe next winter.

polopharm
03-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Randy and I went to rossion today. And guess who was there ? Warren mosler in his Northstar powered gtp http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/13/3e17496fc5f90c185e3c2002c4b7daed.jpg
He was very nice , and we chatted about cars.
I grabbed a few things- shocks, wheels, gauges, and a bunch of original factory sales brochures. Cool stuff. Including a letter from IMSA banning the car, a letter from congress denying government funding for Consulier, race results etc.
Randy got a great mt900 seat, and a full aluminum engine subframe.
The guys there were great , but I feel another clean out is going to happen. They want to get rid of the storage containers.

168glhs1986
03-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Car looks great in silver. I believe those are 17" wheels also.

Reaper1
03-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Northstar powered, huh? Musta been left over from an unfinished Twinstar they used to make. It sounds like a neat idea and I bet with a good exhaust it's got a mean exhaust note. Even stock the 300hp would move that car right along. I wonder what the drivetrain weight is versus the Chrysler engines? I also wonder about transmissions. I never liked any of the options for transverse V8's (assuming it's transverse...it might be longitudinal ala Raptor.

I'm not sure I'd do that swap, but that's pretty much only because I like our engines and I'd want to keep the car somewhat "original"...LMAO...like I'll ever own one... :(

GTP#44
03-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Warren was pretty cool, a very laid back guy.
I asked him about vin numbers vs production dates you could see his eyes glaze over then said ,vins were in place first then they were built as needed.
Thats why vins and production dates are different.
The wheels on Warrens car are exactly the same as the ones on mine.
They are 17 inch and fit fine.
The SWEET aluminum sub frame is going to Dave Skrab in VA. so he can complete a car for his wife.
I paid Ian 100.00 for the sub frame....he must have had a moment of generosity.

GTP#44
03-13-2015, 06:21 PM
The way I see it Warren could have the choice of any car to drive around while in town .....even his MT900.
What did he choose CONSULIER...

bfarroo
03-13-2015, 08:42 PM
If I wasn't so far away I'd take another trip. I'm sure I could find more, If it's going to the junk man I'd bring it home.

polopharm
03-22-2015, 03:13 PM
What are the wheels and size that Warren is running on his car? Interestingly - look at the wheels on my volvo in the background, very similar. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/22/2e21212e5ebe20026a702e9c70550847.jpg

wheming
03-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Is his silver car there in the pic a TIII car?

Johnny
03-22-2015, 05:35 PM
Randy and I went to rossion today. And guess who was there ? Warren mosler in his Northstar powered gtp

He said......

Thrillz
03-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Anyone know if there is any interest from Rossion to ship a part somewhere if they have it? I would love another Series 1 engine cover to try something out on but sadly Calgary is a ways away :P

Johnny
03-22-2015, 10:44 PM
They used to ship, but heard the parts guy is gone...do they have a new one?

polopharm
03-22-2015, 11:32 PM
It seems very unlikely. They don't seem to even know what they have or where it is. They would have no idea what a series one engine cover is! If you want one I can try and get a price on it , and then see if you can find a shipper, we would have to figure out packing it too. That makes me most nervous.

GTP#44
03-23-2015, 07:41 AM
What are the wheels and size that Warren is running on his car? Interestingly - look at the wheels on my volvo in the background, very similar. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/22/2e21212e5ebe20026a702e9c70550847.jpg
Those are the same exact wheels as on my car they are..
OZ Superleggera 17 inch
My tires are Dunlop Direzza ZII 235/40R17 90W.

polopharm
03-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Cool thanks how pricey?