View Full Version : Turbos/Intercoolers: garrett A/R 42 turbo

85TonaZ
09-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Date: 09th September 2014
Username: 85TonaZ
Full Name:nate marcum
City, State, Zip:new castle indiana 47362
Price: $100 for just turbo...

Description: i have a garrett a/r -42 turbo for sale it was took off my 85 daytona turbo z ran and drove with no problems ..also have wastegate also ... I can send pics if you email or txt me i just cant upload them for some reason ...

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

85TonaZ
09-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Anyone interested at all ??

zin
09-19-2014, 01:03 AM
The log Garretts aren't in much demand as they don't lend themselves to custom plumbing without a new compressor cover /adapter, which makes it expensive to make them work in a non-stock application.

Too bad, they are a good design with some performance potential, but if you aren't sticking with the log intake (and that thing is a pig!), there are more flexible units available for close to the same price.

Good luck with the sale, I hope this bump gets the guy who needs a good, stock replacement's attention.

Mike

Gold85GLH-T
09-19-2014, 07:47 AM
He is pretty close to me, so as long as the swing valve bolts, and feed lines break loose without problems I think I'm gonna grab it. I have the T2 Garrett on my 2.5 omni, so if it takes a crap I'll just swap housings and give her hell. I wish I knew where to source a .63 housing(new price is crazy, but who said going fast is cheap?) to kill some of the low end with the 2.5.

contraption22
09-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Still a usable core. The turbine housings are getting harder to find and worth something if you want a bolt on mild upgrade. You can use a standard T3 compressor housing.

Gold85GLH-T
09-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Well of course just like everyone else, I wanted the Chrysler style stuff so it would play nice with my current 3" mandrel DP. But I've been thinking a lot and I have a better idea. I have figured out a way to start saving cash to buy your precision!! I didn't want to mention it and not be able to come through though. If you don't mind, could you shoot me a PM with the list of mods that were on the car with the precision, and maybe tell me how it felt. Maybe some time slips or just anything you want to throw in. I don't know if that turbo will kill enough bottom end for me but I'll go check out some reviews and see what experiences people are having.
Kaleb

85TonaZ
09-20-2014, 04:24 PM
If anyone wants it let me know i can send pics of it from my phone ... I just need it gone .. 765-591-3814