PDA

View Full Version : TIII tiii holset with tial 50 mm bov

joekickass
08-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Anybody out there with a tiii running a tial 50 mm bov? Trying to figure out what spring I need for it. It currently opens too slow and flutters.

86Shelby
08-25-2014, 11:10 AM
My Tial isn't that big it's a 34 or 38mm, I can't recall offhand. Iv'e ran anywhere from a 10lb to an 18lb spring with no issues like that with either a grainger valve or an eletronic controller.

What spring are you running right now? What kind of boost control?

Ondonti
08-25-2014, 11:22 AM
My Tial isn't that big it's a 34 or 38mm, I can't recall offhand. Iv'e ran anywhere from a 10lb to an 18lb spring with no issues like that with either a grainger valve or an eletronic controller.

What spring are you running right now? What kind of boost control? BOV, Blow off Valve.....

To my knowledge, with the flutter and failing to open, sounds like a normal Tial BOV.

Chart says the springs are to match your idle vacuum, not relate to your boost pressure.
http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w3_tial_qqr_sp.pdf

joekickass
08-25-2014, 07:24 PM
even tial says themselves that the chart isn't very accurate because there are too many variables for every different vehichle and setup, think I may end up buying a spring that is too soft and shimming it with washers until I get it where I want.