PDA

View Full Version : Consulier build list

jacob mosler
08-19-2014, 07:39 PM
just a little something i came across.

thought i heard a few people asking for this.

just realized i cut out the build number on the left, ill get some better pics soon.

http://www.moslerredux.com/consulier.html

(http://www.moslerredux.com/consulier.html)

GTP#44
08-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Jacob,
That is awesome I knew mine was not red from the start …just a little hint of some white by the back wheel.

When I was on the sweaty container search I found a build binder for the Intruder you have I would like to get it to you…if you want it.
Lots of info in great shape and some pictures also.

jacob mosler
08-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Jacob,
That is awesome I knew mine was not red from the start …just a little hint of some white by the back wheel.

When I was on the sweaty container search I found a build binder for the Intruder you have I would like to get it to you…if you want it.
Lots of info in great shape and some pictures also.

that would be great!

GTP#44
08-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Jupiterclassic@gmail.com
That is my email let me know where to send it.
You will enjoy it for sure.
Sad to see all the stuff over there at the shop being ignored and starting to fall apart.
I wish we could get more Consulier related parts from there…..there are tons.!
I would even like to resurrect the canoe I know plenty of people who build boats….the mold is there I saw it, in fairly good condition.

Johnny
08-20-2014, 12:23 PM
On this build sheet some of the VIN numbers are on there twice.
Know what that is about?

Like...
43CSA1129LRC1C014
One place it says "black" and the other place it says "race car #19

CoolV300C
08-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Jupiterclassic@gmail.com
That is my email let me know where to send it.
You will enjoy it for sure.
Sad to see all the stuff over there at the shop being ignored and starting to fall apart.
I wish we could get more Consulier related parts from there…..there are tons.!
I would even like to resurrect the canoe I know plenty of people who build boats….the mold is there I saw it, in fairly good condition.

They want it gone. When they came out to check what we picked they were begging us to clean them out. What else do you want?

Chris W
08-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks Jacob! Mine's on the list. :)

Chris-TU

Reaper1
08-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Following along...

GTP#44
08-21-2014, 06:02 AM
They want it gone. When they came out to check what we picked they were begging us to clean them out. What else do you want?
Like I said I would like the canoe mold for sure.
I called Mike and tried to get him to ask Ian no reply in two weeks.
As we were getting stuff together we had no idea of price....we still dont.
I think another trip in slightly cooler weather would be smart now we kind of whats there.
I did see chromed out brake and clutch pedals that would be nice to get .
If someone had storage and was into it there is still plenty to clean then out of .....
If they were begging it should be very good price ,its our labor to help him out.

CoolV300C
08-21-2014, 10:01 AM
I would be willing to go help. When they came back with a price, they actually included that last shell (in box 14) even though we didn't ask for it. They want to move some stuff. Johnny wants some glass, and there were a couple more good things there. Let me know. Cooler weather would be good.

DaveSkrab
08-21-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm planning to make a trip down in october, have some stuff paid for and reserved with Ian. I would be up for a group get together while there.

168glhs1986
08-21-2014, 12:40 PM
I actually asked Ian to give a price on the shell in #14 when I asked him for pricing on the other items.

GTP#44
08-21-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm planning to make a trip down in october, have some stuff paid for and reserved with Ian. I would be up for a group get together while there.
Is it ok to ask what you had Ian put aside for you..?

I finally got in touch with Mike he said no to the canoe mold ....Ian suddenly wants to keep it..?
He did give the OK for another Consulier parts hunt.
If we plan a trip there again I have a funny feeling it is going to be tough to get a good deal....
Maybe if we pull as many parts as we can and overwhelm him with a huge pile....bulk price is usually better.
Who will keep all the parts we find.....Oregon is pretty far away.

Rottie
08-21-2014, 09:14 PM
How much space do we need? I have a shop and space available. I can make a trip with a trailer.
Also have friends in Valrico FL with some room.

CoolV300C
08-21-2014, 11:17 PM
It you took everything they had and piled it up, it would fill a trailer truck top to bottom. but not al of it is good, or terribly unique. And some is heavy, like complete engines. They'd probably be glad to see a big pile go. A volume big buy is probably the way to go. It might not be around for long anyway if you don't.

Rottie
08-22-2014, 05:34 AM
That's not as bad as I thought. so we're talking 1800sq ft would probably be enough for a few months to go through and weed out and distribute?

player1up
08-22-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm in for the next trip. Let me know as far in advance as you can.

bfarroo
08-22-2014, 10:11 PM
I'd like to plan to be in on this also but I'll possibly be driving from Green Bay WI, 1400 miles one way. Any idea even to what day it would be? are they around on a Saturday.

Johnny
08-23-2014, 12:05 AM
I was going to fly in for the last one, but the cost was too high.
Need to plan 6 weeks ahead to get a good price on flights.

168glhs1986
08-23-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a m-f type of deal. Unless you can convince Ian that product will be sold with cash

GTP#44
08-24-2014, 06:47 PM
I have been doing math homework with my daughter and this is how I add it up.
Our sweat and labor + Ian getting more room in his shop + parts nobody but us wants + more parts out of his hair....should = a good deal for us.
I think the way Ian sees it is Valuable parts + our sweat and labor = big dollars in his pocket for stuff he will NEVER use.
I am glad his employee Mike is on our side.
It is tough to keep pulling parts and hope for the best and not know any prices till Ian looks at what we pulled and decides a number for parts that are useless to him.

Johnny
08-24-2014, 07:12 PM
I would like to show up next time. Let's plan a date!

Rottie
08-24-2014, 09:51 PM
So we're hoping he'll sell the lot, but he doesn't know how much or if he will even do it?

MPI_duster
08-24-2014, 10:01 PM
I'd be interested in joining up for a trip down there too. Keep me posted.

CoolV300C
08-24-2014, 10:05 PM
So we're hoping he'll sell the lot, but he doesn't know how much or if he will even do it?

Pretty sure he'd do it. They are trying to manufacture cars in a building that is kind on cluttered with 20 year old parts they'll never use.

GTP#44
08-25-2014, 02:20 PM
I would like to show up next time. Let's plan a date!
WOW this should turn out to be quite a parts search for sure with all these hands.
We may outnumber Rossion employees.
The weather usually breaks down here around the middle to the end of October.
I looked at the calendar and October 24 is a friday and November 7 is also a friday .
I thought friday would be a good day any thoughts on some other dates...?

bfarroo
08-25-2014, 04:01 PM
I'd prefer mid to late September just because the weather up here could go south any time in late October to November which would just make for a longer trip.

GTP#44
08-25-2014, 06:36 PM
I'd prefer mid to late September just because the weather up here could go south any time in late October to November which would just make for a longer trip.
Being from Wisconsin let me tell you what it is like in a 40 foot container in 90-95 degree temps....VERY SWEATY.
The shop is not air conditioned either thats why I think after the weather starts to be slightly cooler we will all be much happier.
If you got stuck in South Florida due to snow up there that would be awful...

Johnny
08-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Okay who is calling Mike and setting this up? and when will it be? First part of Oct?

bfarroo
08-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Does anyone have any idea what parts are there or any idea what they're going to want for things? It seems like they want things gone but think they're sitting on a gold mine of 25 year old parts from what I hear. I know I need to find or build a gas tank and find some seats and a spoiler along with quite a few miscellaneous pieces. I'm just trying to figure out if it will be worth while to wait on driving down or not. I'm sure I could have parts shipped depending on what you all find and would sell but some big items would probably cost more to ship then they are worth.

Johnny
08-26-2014, 10:38 PM
I checked on a rental truck today. $1800
and almost 4000 miles to drive it back.
At 10 mpg thats another $1600 in fuel.

So don't think I am bringing anything back.

I would LOVE to get the mold for the rear wing.
(targa car)

168glhs1986
08-26-2014, 11:01 PM
I knew you bought it!

Most of what they have are: side and window glass, a few rear glass pieces. Polished crager wheels ( see Chris's car), lots of shocks, interior bits and pieces, a few motors and engine boxes and what am i missing Randy and Doug?

I felt as if their prices were good once Mike talked some sense into Ian!

CoolV300C
08-27-2014, 01:21 AM
You won't find a spoiler or seats. You will find engines and engine parts, suspension stuff. He isn't so much sitting on a gold mine as a rusty gold mine. I don't remember seeing molds except for mt900 ones.

168glhs1986
08-27-2014, 09:08 AM
These was ONE container that was too full to step foot in. That may have held some important GTP molds. It was full of body parts

Johnny
08-27-2014, 09:11 AM
These was ONE container that was too full to step foot in. That may have held some important GTP molds. It was full of body parts

So thats the one we need to look in this time.

player1up
08-27-2014, 09:51 AM
I knew you bought it!

Most of what they have are: side and window glass, a few rear glass pieces. Polished crager wheels ( see Chris's car), lots of shocks, interior bits and pieces, a few motors and engine boxes and what am i missing Randy and Doug?

I felt as if their prices were good once Mike talked some sense into Ian!

Do you know what the price was on the wheels? Aaron wants a set for his to replace the weird tri-slots.

Oh, and I polished my gold painted wheels....what a freakin nightmare!
I'm looking for a shifter, shift knob and some cables if they have them, Maybe some axles and some door hardware if the wife will let me spend that much ;)

168glhs1986
08-27-2014, 11:57 AM
No more axles left and pretty sure no more shifter cables. No windshields there either. I would offer $25 per wheel max. They must have 40 of them

bfarroo
08-27-2014, 01:30 PM
So it sound like it may be worth while to meet up. I'd like to find side front 1/4 glass and even door glass and regulator hardware to install windows. Maybe there is a targa spoiler in the other box, one can only hope. I'm assuming that is what I would need for the roadster

Johnny
08-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Roadster and targa engine covers are the same.
The targa has the 3rd brake light in the targa.
Hard tops have them in the wing.
I'd guess your 3rd light is in the wing also.

BUT
watching this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2i3g0Z69v8

It looks like the wing on hardtop cars have a bump for the light where the roadster in the video doesn't.

Johnny
08-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Watching that video....you see the car that was just on ebay in the first seconds of it.

player1up
08-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Well, Aaron wants the wheels so I'll still be there for sure, just let me know when.
He's hoping for a lower engine cover, but I highly doubt we'll find one.

Johnny
08-27-2014, 05:20 PM
He's hoping for a lower engine cover

Which one is this???????

DaveSkrab
08-27-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm in for the trip.

168glhs1986
08-27-2014, 07:35 PM
You guys will be like : back off that's my axle. Not it's not I found it first. Hey that's my door it's the only one left in existence. Na I saw it first.

DaveSkrab
08-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Lol! Parts need to go to the guys with the most need... guys like me... who's cars are missing the parts! Lol

Johnny
08-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Lol! Parts need to go to the guys with the most need... guys like me.

Make a list!!
===============
My list
rear targa style wing
targa top (yeah, imposible)
original mirrors

player1up
08-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Which one is this???????

I talked with Aaron last night and he needs the rear lower piece ( diffuser ). It's not the engine cover, it's really the exhaust cover ( butt pan ) LOL .

I agree that the parts need to go to incomplete cars first ( even if it means forefitting " I saw it first" rights :thumb: )
My list:
Bean wheels
Door / window hardware
Anything that's in better shape than the stuff that's on my car.

Johnny
08-28-2014, 09:02 AM
I talked with Aaron last night and he needs the rear lower piece ( diffuser )

Hope he gets one. If there is not one found in a container, you can have one made from yours, right?

player1up
08-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Hope he gets one. If there is not one found in a container, you can have one made from yours, right?

I suppose so. I've looked up the process for doing that but it seems like a huge project.

Johnny
08-28-2014, 01:04 PM
When I have my engine cover replicated I'll see how the process goes.
If need be, I can take mine in and have one made for him.

bfarroo
08-28-2014, 01:39 PM
If you've seen the pictures of the car I'm picking up I need a whole bunch of parts.
front brake booster cover (hood)
rear engine cover - Johnny should have this covered
front 1/4 glass
side glass and regulators if possible as I'd like to add side windows.
Window trim
gas tank and filler neck
spoiler and mounting supports
radiator fans
Seats and any other interior pieces
gauges
possibly ac components
steering wheel
many other non specific consulier parts

I'm sure I won't find most of the but it's worth a look.

Johnny
08-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Steering wheel....get a Grant, they make good looking ones.
Gauges can be bought new, all the part numbers are on my site.

http://www.consuliergtp.com/parts.html

Rrider
08-28-2014, 02:19 PM
You guys will be like : back off that's my axle. Not it's not I found it first. Hey that's my door it's the only one left in existence. Na I saw it first.

Any other group and I'd believe it.

player1up
08-28-2014, 04:43 PM
If you've seen the pictures of the car I'm picking up I need a whole bunch of parts.
front brake booster cover (hood)
rear engine cover - Johnny should have this covered
front 1/4 glass
side glass and regulators if possible as I'd like to add side windows.
Window trim
gas tank and filler neck
spoiler and mounting supports
radiator fans
Seats and any other interior pieces
gauges
possibly ac components
steering wheel
many other non specific consulier parts

I'm sure I won't find most of the but it's worth a look.

The steering wheel looks like a lecarra mark 9 ( 4 spoke ) or the Mark 4 ( 3 spoke )
http://www.jegs.com/i/Lecarra/630/92201/10002/-1
Radiator fans on my car look like the generic 9 inch fans from the summit catalog.
Window trim...stop by your local auto-glass place, that stuff is cut to fit and I'm sure is generic as well, just have to find a place that knows where to get it.

168glhs1986
08-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Didn't see window regulators those are going to be the difficult thing to find. All the side glass and windows you want are there. Back glass also if you have a coupe

player1up
08-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Here's my theory on parts if I were building stuff to sell.

Things I'd keep on hand:
Parts that are custom made, hard to get. Like suspension parts, custom glass, body panels ( molds ) Basically stuff that was found in the containers.

Things I'd get as needed:
Readily available from local or remote suppliers. Like hoses, wear parts, etc

That means that stuff that's not in the containers is easy to get at the time OR was produced on such a limited basis they couldn't stock up on them.

If I'm correct, things like window molding, regulators, interior hard parts, wear parts should be available even now, albeit harder to get these days.
I think we've all found that to be true.

If the window motor is from a Chrysler, then the regulator should also be from Chrysler.
I spent some time calling auto glass places today and the common answer was "unless I see it, I can't say if I can get it"

The window molding inner and outer looks pretty universal, example 1 (http://www.steelerubber.com/dual-durometer-push-on-seal-70-3591-99) is pretty close. As well as the window channel molding in example 2 (http://www.steelerubber.com/u-channel-70-3570-58)
I'd like to find something locally, but that may not be an option unless I have time for a scavenger hunt, but a day driving around in the Consulier is never a bad day.

bfarroo
08-30-2014, 11:32 PM
So is anyone in contact with Mike? any info on a date yet? I may contact him myself and see if it would be possible for me to stop by in late September to look for parts. When you guys were there last was it a huge deal to setup? I don't want to be bugging him to much if it ends up being a big inconvenience, but I think it's going to be hard for me to wait until as late as you are planning.

DaveSkrab
08-31-2014, 10:23 AM
I have been in contact with Ian and his assistant Chelsea. Was unable to contact Mike. Still looking like mid to late October for me, based on my plans and schedule.

CoolV300C
08-31-2014, 10:45 AM
The shipping containers are stacked up two high. It helps to go with someone, go by yourself and it will be hard to access the top row.

168glhs1986
08-31-2014, 08:09 PM
They are so cool . Basically give you the run of the place and keys to the forklift. Doug and I were like who wants to drive ! Yea baby. Saw him for 10 min in am and then 10 min in pm and the other times we were roaming the factory doing and going whoever we wanted .

Millerman340
09-10-2014, 10:03 PM
What did they want for the body shell?

Millerman340
09-10-2014, 10:11 PM
I have two complete R/T drivetrains just need a body to build my way..

bfarroo
09-14-2014, 11:47 PM
I'm planning my trip for the 26th of September as of now. Need to confirm it with Mike but he said any time should work just to let him know. I'm planning on leaving WI Wednesday morning putting me in the area later Thursday night to plan on being at the shop first thing Friday morning, I may leave Tuesday night depending on how things go and how my trip plans out. Then depending on how long I take either head back up toward Deryk to pick up my car either later friday evening or first thing Saturday morning and then start my trip back to WI. Anyone want to meet up on the 26th at Rossin? LMK. I'm currently driving down by myself so I'm leaving enough extra time for stops and sleep. Blew a tire on the truck this weekend so I'm getting 4 new ones put on. Was hoping to get more mileage on these but they're getting pretty dry rotted so It's probably time to replace them. The trailer is probably going to need new tires after the trip also. I don't understand how all of these new tires won't last longer than 5 years without completely dry rotting.

player1up
09-15-2014, 09:56 PM
I cleared the 26th with the boss ( wife ) now I have to clear it with work, but I think I'm in too.

CoolV300C
09-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Out, I am on vacation then, but would only be going because i am local, i don't own one of those cars anyway. But if someone gets a price on the wheels, I'd like to know the asking price.

DaveSkrab
09-16-2014, 12:25 PM
I will be going down mid October. Have stuff to pick up, then proceed with the treasure hunt.

Johnny
09-16-2014, 12:34 PM
October would be less HOT than Sept.

GTP#44
09-16-2014, 07:15 PM
I will be going down mid October. Have stuff to pick up, then proceed with the treasure hunt.
I agree ....
I want to go with Dave.
Still smoking hot down here I call it oppressive the containers will be miserable till it gets cooler.
I was on the first trip there and live super close it is HOT.
I am a sucker for punishment and would be willing to go look again inside the shop I know what I am looking for now.
If you want to get more people motivated there should be a new post about the trip.

Thrillz
09-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Would anyone be willing to offer the name and number or email of "Ian" at Rossion that I could get in touch with? I will be down in Florida next Monday and might want to snag some extra glass while I'm down there.

Johnny
09-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Rossion

Ian (ext 102)
2391 Old Dixie Hwy.
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
561-863-2800 - office

303-549-3440 - cell for Mike Magree

bfarroo
09-30-2014, 10:50 AM
Anyone have the build list saved? The site has been down the last two days.

Johnny
09-30-2014, 11:13 AM
This?
http:// (http://<a href=&quot;http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/glhs289/media/GTPlist1_zps3e5dbb84.jpg.html&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;>http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/glhs289/GTPlist1_zps3e5dbb84.jpg</a>)http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/glhs289/GTPlist1_zps3e5dbb84.jpg (http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/glhs289/media/GTPlist1_zps3e5dbb84.jpg.html)

- - - Updated - - -

and this one....

http:// (http://<a href=&quot;http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/glhs289/media/GTPlist2_zpsac0d2429.jpg.html&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;>http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/glhs289/GTPlist2_zpsac0d2429.jpg</a>)http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t528/glhs289/GTPlist2_zpsac0d2429.jpg (http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/glhs289/media/GTPlist2_zpsac0d2429.jpg.html)

- - - Updated - - -

....looks more like 3 cars were white/pink by that list.

GLHNSLHT2
03-27-2022, 05:24 PM
My vin isn't on these lists.

43csa1126mrc1c005