PDA

View Full Version : Mopar World Finals Norwalk, OH Sept 12, 13, 14

Reeves
08-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Hope to see you at Monster Mopar World Finals at Summit Racing Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH!

www.monstermopar.com

$1 for a POUND of ice cream!!!

We'll be on the left side of the track, about 3/4 to the end of the strip, in the grass. Look for my truck/trailer/OMNI and for Rob Pachners truck/trailer/Charger!!

Keito
08-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Fingers crossed my next China trip gets canceled
Was there during this event last year
Seems like it's been forever since I've been there

Sgt Craig
08-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Id love to go but Its the same weekend as Race Against Cancer I do every year.

R/T
08-13-2014, 08:34 PM
Hope to be there....

Turbodave
08-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Might try to make it since I had to cancel on the Nats this year. Do you guys camp at the track?

boots
08-14-2014, 11:18 AM
we might try and make it up.

Reeves
08-14-2014, 12:33 PM
The more the merrier!!

Yes, I always camp at the track right in my pitspot. This is why Rob Pachner and I stay on the grass side. Plus we are allowed to have fires on that side and not the other. Racing on Saturday night sometimes goes pretty late.

The Buckeye Chapter generally camps on this side as well pretty close to where we do.

My Mom, Wife, and Son are staying at a Hampton Inn really close to the track. John Fleck and family and Clay Cooke and family are staying at that hotel as well.

BadAssPerformance
09-05-2014, 01:19 AM
We are a week away from Monster Mopar in Norwalk, OH, Who's going? Showing? Racing? Camping? What's the scoop?

www.monstermopar.com

minigts
09-06-2014, 01:38 AM
I am going! Guess I'm showing, doubt I'll do anything else, car is still vibrating even after changing the trans motor mount.

ShelGame
09-07-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm in. Its only 2 hours away, how could I miss it? I'll be there on Saturday at least. Just spectating/browsing the swap meet. I don't have a hitch yet on my new truck.

minigts
09-07-2014, 03:30 PM
I will be there.

Gearhead24-7
09-08-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm planning to be there Sat. if the weather is decent.

ShelGame
09-08-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm in for Saturday...

Shadow
09-09-2014, 11:26 AM
I will be there!!!!!!

(In spirit at least, to cheer all of you on) :o

Reeves
09-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Sweet! Glad to see a good turnout! Now I'll go check JT's thread of the same thing. LOL

Reeves
09-09-2014, 05:52 PM
JT....thanks for another thread. LOL.

Rob, glad to hear you can make it! Warren and I would like to bug you some more on this LM boost tuning.

fleckster
09-10-2014, 01:18 PM
I checked with Clay...they aren't going to be able to make it as Cooper has some Little League games. We will be heading over Friday night and will be hanging at the track Saturday and Sunday. I'm not racing or bringing a car to show as we will be in the Town and Country van but I hope to be able to "enter" it so we can have a vehicle in the pits for convenience with the kiddos, especially the 3 month old.

Reeves
09-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Tell them you are showing it! You save $10 that way! It's $40 for a car and driver to show, or $50 to spectate. Go figure. LOL.

BadAssPerformance
09-11-2014, 12:04 AM
I will be there!!!!!!

(In spirit at least, to cheer all of you on) :o

Wish you could make it out man!

Sweet! Glad to see a good turnout! Now I'll go check JT's thread of the same thing. LOL

Ooops! Merged threads into one!

So far looks like we’ll have a good turnout for the SDAC crew!

Reeves crew (racing GLHT)
OhioRob Rob Pachner & Mandy (racing Charger)
Brad MorrisPower (race?)
Jon Trotter (murdercharger in show)
Fleckster & family
Greg Thewes
Brian & Nicholas Taranto
Eric Oaks
ShelGame Rob Lloyd
JT & MB (racing Shelby Z)
MoparMarc (show LX Charger R/T)

…also thought I read that we’ll have some DV Chapter folks come out too! Can’t wait, should be a fun weekend!

minigts
09-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Wish you could make it out man!

Ooops! Merged threads into one!

So far looks like we’ll have a good turnout for the SDAC crew!

Reeves crew (racing GLHT)
OhioRob Rob Pachner & Mandy (racing Charger)
Brad MorrisPower (race?)
Jon Trotter (murdercharger in show)
Fleckster & family
Greg Thewes
Brian & Nicholas Taranto
Eric Oaks
ShelGame Rob Lloyd
JT & MB (racing Shelby Z)
MoparMarc (show LX Charger R/T)

…also thought I read that we’ll have some DV Chapter folks come out too! Can’t wait, should be a fun weekend!

I think Jay Jordan may be going? Maybe it was last year he asked me about going, but seems as though I spoke to him this year.

ohiorob
09-11-2014, 07:07 AM
the wife and I should be pulling in about 7pm Friday. looking forward to seeing everyone, this is going to be awesome :nod:

contraption22
09-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Good luck to all those participating! Have fun to all those attending.
And watch out for brain freeze. See you there next year.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/997/9-11-2014_9-12-40_AM.jpg (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18652&title=9-11-2014-9-12-40-am&cat=997)

minigts
09-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Good luck to all those participating! Have fun to all those attending.
And watch out for brain freeze. See you there next year.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/997/9-11-2014_9-12-40_AM.jpg (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18652&title=9-11-2014-9-12-40-am&cat=997)

You will be missed. You being Gary, Justin and Mike. We will eat 1lb for each of you, in your honor.

contraption22
09-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Updates? ET's? Kills?

csxtra
09-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Reeves killed two axles on Friday and Saturday.

JT made it through the weekend with no breakage and drove the car onto the trailer. :clap:

JT, Rob Pachner, and Reeves all made it through the first round of Pro on Sunday, JT was taken out in the 2nd round (there were some VERY good bracket racers there...one guy ran his dial-in EXACTLY, while others ran less than a 100th of a second of theirs), and Reeves and Rob made it through the 2nd round.

I don't know what happened after that, someone oiled down the track and delayed round 3 so I had to leave before Rob and James had a chance to run.

Great seeing everybody again, I hope everybody made it home safely!

cordes
09-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Very cool that 3 TMs made it out of the first round. How many cars were running?

ohiorob
09-15-2014, 12:39 PM
We had a nice variety of cars. a Daytona, Omni, Charger ,Spirit R/T and a all motor 1st gen. Neon that ran mid 12s. It was great to see everyone. as for me I lost in the 3rd round. Dialed in a 10.24 and ran a 10.242 , lost because of my poor reaction time :mad:

Shadow
09-15-2014, 06:05 PM
We had a nice variety of cars. a Daytona, Omni, Charger ,Spirit R/T and a all motor 1st gen. Neon that ran mid 12s. It was great to see everyone. as for me I lost in the 3rd round. Dialed in a 10.24 and ran a 10.242 , lost because of my poor reaction time :mad:

Damn, still that's an Awesome run! Way to represent bro! :thumb:

cordes
09-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Damn, still that's an Awesome run! Way to represent bro! :thumb:

Heck yes it is. Very nice work.

R/T
09-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Great to see everyone, as usual! :clap:

And man, James had some issues ( with the car! Axles, water pump ) but we were able to all pull together and get him back on track, glad to be a part of the effort... :hail:

What Ohio Rob didn't say was he went as quick as 10.15 *on the brakes* Saturday! :nod:

What was really funny was both James and Rob BEAT RWD V8 converted Omni/Tourismos/Chargers during their first rounds.... :clap: :lol:

cordes
09-15-2014, 09:18 PM
10.15 on the brakes???? Holy cow!

I do love it when the FWD TMs beat the RWD conversions. I can't get enough of it really.

85boostbox
09-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Man oh man. Soo many people cusping the 9.9x and yet to see it.

contraption22
09-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Have the dates for next year's event been announced?

ohiorob
09-18-2014, 08:04 AM
let me elaborate a little. Saturday they gave us only one time run instead of two. spun bad off the line, that never happened before. so I had no idea what to dial in at so I dialed a 10.30. caught a 1.67 60' and ran a 10.15 on the brakes, to little to late and lost. Sunday got one time run 10.242 with a 1.73 60'. thinking my 60' would improve I dialed a 10.15, got a 1.72 60' and ran a10.222. won that race because of very good r/t. next race I dialed a 10.20 got a 1.73 60' and ran a 10.25 won that race because of a very good r/t. next race I dialed in a 10.24, got a 1.72 60' and ran a 10.242 and lost because of a very bad r/t . my Charger has become very reliable and I'm working on making it consistent . no 9 second run for this guy I'm happy and content right were I'm at :)

Shadow
09-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Those are some Awesome runs Rob! Must feel Good having a consistent low LOW 10 second FWD! :clap:

Pat
09-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Have the dates for next year's event been announced?

Doesn't matter. You're busy.

Reeves
09-18-2014, 08:02 PM
I suffered more failures at this event than I have in the last few years combined!

TT1 on Friday night....broke driver side axle shaft at the inner cv. Installed spare. Drank beer.
TT1 on Saturday morning....broke driver side axle shaft at the inner cv. I was out of axles. Thankfully, Brian Taranto from the Buckeye Chapter brought one from home. It was too long for my car, but we managed to shift the motor and trans over far enough to get it in.
Elim1 Saturday noon....waterpump quit on way to staging lanes and car started to overheat. Towed back to pit area, RacinTracy tapped on it with a hammer and it took off running again. Rushed back up to lanes and got the very last vehicle running in Pro. Ran 11.2 with a 10.8 dial. I lost that round, but was happy that the car made it down the track, and that was my first pass with boost by mph turned on, the new splitter, and new rear belly pan. Boost by MPH worked, but needs some fine tuning. Drank beer.
TT1 Sunday morning…aborted boost by mph just to get a good run in. As soon as I hit high boost, clutch slipped
Elim1 Sunday noon…kept dial at 10.81 but only ran low 11 because clutch slipped. Other guy broke out. Not sure why he did that…..I was far from catching him.
Elim2 Sunday afternoon…Lowered the high boost level and dialed 11.81. Other guy red lit, so I ran it all the way down with low boost and the clutch held, at about the 1000ft mark I hit the high boost button and the clutch held the new lowered boost level. Ran 11.5
Elim3 Sunday late afternoon…Waterpump quit on way to the staging lanes. Dammit. Got back to pits before it over heated and tapped on it with hammer…no luck…beat on it with hammer…no luck. Loaded up trailer and didn’t even drink a single beer.
Driving home Sunday late afternoon…got stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam due to construction. Didn’t get home till almost 1am.

ohiorob
09-18-2014, 10:23 PM
James Reeves " A Series of Unfortunate Events " that would of made a great reality show. seriously I was feeling bad for you. Now that you got all that bad luck out of the way Clay City should be awesome. good luck next time out.

ohiorob
09-18-2014, 10:30 PM
Mary Beth, can you post some pics please for the few of us that are not on face book.

Keito
09-19-2014, 05:47 AM
I've missed this event because of my work travel, I've been in China
the last 3 years
Posting this from Guangzhou

Next year I think I'll put in for vacation for a default

The Buckeye chapter tried to have SDAC here a few years ago
but it wasn't meant to be

Shadow
09-19-2014, 08:00 AM
I suffered more failures at this event than I have in the last few years combined!

TT1 on Friday night....broke driver side axle shaft at the inner cv. Installed spare. Drank beer.
TT1 on Saturday morning....broke driver side axle shaft at the inner cv. I was out of axles. Thankfully, Brian Taranto from the Buckeye Chapter brought one from home. It was too long for my car, but we managed to shift the motor and trans over far enough to get it in.
Elim1 Saturday noon....waterpump quit on way to staging lanes and car started to overheat. Towed back to pit area, RacinTracy tapped on it with a hammer and it took off running again. Rushed back up to lanes and got the very last vehicle running in Pro. Ran 11.2 with a 10.8 dial. I lost that round, but was happy that the car made it down the track, and that was my first pass with boost by mph turned on, the new splitter, and new rear belly pan. Boost by MPH worked, but needs some fine tuning. Drank beer.
TT1 Sunday morning…aborted boost by mph just to get a good run in. As soon as I hit high boost, clutch slipped
Elim1 Sunday noon…kept dial at 10.81 but only ran low 11 because clutch slipped. Other guy broke out. Not sure why he did that…..I was far from catching him.
Elim2 Sunday afternoon…Lowered the high boost level and dialed 11.81. Other guy red lit, so I ran it all the way down with low boost and the clutch held, at about the 1000ft mark I hit the high boost button and the clutch held the new lowered boost level. Ran 11.5
Elim3 Sunday late afternoon…Waterpump quit on way to the staging lanes. Dammit. Got back to pits before it over heated and tapped on it with hammer…no luck…beat on it with hammer…no luck. Loaded up trailer and didn’t even drink a single beer.
Driving home Sunday late afternoon…got stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam due to construction. Didn’t get home till almost 1am.

Damn bro, that sucks! Is that the same water pump as before? Or is this #2?

contraption22
09-19-2014, 08:29 AM

That's a rough weekend for sure. But you still have plenty of time to get it back tip-top for the Cecil Invasion on 11/15!

Reeves
09-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Damn bro, that sucks! Is that the same water pump as before? Or is this #2?

Same one that died on me last year at this event. I sent it in to get rebuilt over last winter. Only made it to SDAC and Norwalk and it's dead again.

Called CSR yesterday and they recieved it in, but the motor is totally shot this time. Said 6 to 8 weeks for a new motor. :banghead:

Hmmm.....there is another one in my garage on a nicely built engine on the engine stand.....hmmm......

I'll probably just put mechanical back on for now. Maybe for good.

contraption22
09-19-2014, 08:32 AM
How the heck do they justify 6-8 weeks for a motor? Didn't they use the same motor they use on all the other electric pumps they offer?

BIGBRUDDA
09-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Same one that died on me last year at this event. I sent it in to get rebuilt over last winter. Only made it to SDAC and Norwalk and it's dead again.

:banghead:

Ya know Cathy asked me what you would do since her car was'nt gonna be there this year:nod: