PDA

View Full Version : mpscan help lm guages and graph twitching from min to max?

TFmech
08-11-2014, 04:02 PM
I got mpscan up and running but it dosent seem to act right running or not running the gauges want to twitch from min to max same on two different computers. It seems to be about at fast as I have the sample rate set set it faster it just twitches faster. I am running a LM with ostrich and usb serial converter soldered on to the board. I have went through the setup process a few times just to make sure I did it right and still the same result. Any help would be great.

TFmech
08-11-2014, 07:05 PM
graph pretty much looks the same as the graphs that Wheming was posting in his thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?72355-Datalogging-has-me-pulling-my-hair-out!-MPScan-amp-Logworks-Plugin&highlight=datalogging+pulling

any help would be awesome.

wowzer
08-12-2014, 09:53 AM
what windows version are you running? there is a file called mpscanport.txt that you can post up that is created when you start up mpscan. i can tell you where it is located at once i know your windows version. or pm me and i'll have you send it to my email.

TFmech
08-12-2014, 12:53 PM
what windows version are you running? there is a file called mpscanport.txt that you can post up that is created when you start up mpscan. i can tell you where it is located at once i know your windows version. or pm me and i'll have you send it to my email.

I am running windows xp pro.

TFmech
08-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Here is what was in the mpscanport.txt

mpscan ver - 2.0.2.4
Microsoft Windows XP Professional - Win32NT
trying to open port COM20 - ctlrecord_click
got a good port back - ctlrecord_click
try to open port COM20 -initport
COM20 is a legit port -initport
usb is available on COM20 -initport
usb ftdi serial number LMXVIPV9 is available - initport
setting port baud rate to 976
ftdi open successful on COM20 -usbportinit
using protocol LM:0
attempt to change ecu baud rate to 7812
Sending byte 18
Received byte 255
Sending byte 18
Received byte 255
Changing mpscan baud rate to 7812
Sending byte 18
Received byte 18
Byte 18 was sent 1 times to make the change.
usb ftdi
Successfully opened port - ctlrecord_click

MoparStephen
08-13-2014, 08:28 PM
graph pretty much looks the same as the graphs that Wheming was posting in his thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?72355-Datalogging-has-me-pulling-my-hair-out!-MPScan-amp-Logworks-Plugin&highlight=datalogging+pulling

any help would be awesome.
I am watching this thread with interest. I am having a very hard to track down issue with logging, and also with the engine running at high RPM when pulling hard in 1st and 2nd gear. Also using an 87 LM. The problem is the same with an Ostrich2 as well as a 27SF512 EEPROM.

wowzer
08-13-2014, 09:24 PM
i sure wish i had my charger running so i could help out. if i remember correctly with wheming it looked like data was coming back either out of sequence or short a sample. don't quite recall. i personnally have not done ANY testing with the LM stuff. sorry. are you able to log with a different scanner, like an otc 4000 or a drb2? i'ld be interested if they also whack out some times.

the ttfmech file that he posted looks perfect. i would like to see a logged file that whacks out to see what the data looks like.

TFmech
08-13-2014, 11:50 PM
I have not had a chance to hook the drb box to it I will give it a try next week. We just got back to brainerd for the race this weekend. The log files are on my other computer at the house I will get my girld friend to email me them tomorrow.

The best I can describe the graph is that it is oscillating. It looks almost just like the graph on Whemings stuff but it starts as soon as it connects. It seems to be oscillating at the same rate as the lights slow down to on the serial converter when it is connected.

MoparStephen
08-13-2014, 11:50 PM
I'll have to try logging sometime soon. My previous laptop lost the wireless controller, so I have not been using it. I'll try the new work laptop to see if I can get better results.

TFmech
08-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Here is a pic of the junk I have been getting. I was also wondering if anyone had a copy of the old article of how to hook the serial converter to the LM. I figure it wouldn't connect if it was wrong but I just want to make sure?

TFmech
08-21-2014, 08:14 AM
I got a chance to hookup my drb box last night and it would not connect. I unhooked the power to the dlp adapter.....still no connection. Then just unsoldered the dlp adapter all together and the drb box connected. Either I had have a bad dlp adapter or somehow I got it hooked up wrong. Does anyone have he instructions of how to hook it to a logic module since the kc article has seemed to go mia?

TFmech
08-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Alright found the hookup pins on the z20 chip everything was right got everything hooked back up and still no go. Unhooked and tried just hooking it to the sci connector inverted the logic and still no go. Still same thing with the drb box too as long as the txrx adapter is wired up it will not connect......cut the wires and it hooks right up and works great. Is there anyway to check the txrx adapter as it connects lights flash but still garbage coming out of it. Any ideas to try?????

ShelGame
08-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Alright found the hookup pins on the z20 chip everything was right got everything hooked back up and still no go. Unhooked and tried just hooking it to the sci connector inverted the logic and still no go. Still same thing with the drb box too as long as the txrx adapter is wired up it will not connect......cut the wires and it hooks right up and works great. Is there anyway to check the txrx adapter as it connects lights flash but still garbage coming out of it. Any ideas to try?????

You have the cable wired to direct to the LM? Do you have the Rx and Tx inverted (in the FT Prog settings)? If it's wired direct to the LM, I think they should not be inverted.

TFmech
08-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Well I have tried it both ways with the same result had uninverted wired on the z20 chip then had it wired to the txrx lines at the top of the LM with it inverted and regular same result.

TFmech
08-25-2014, 11:28 PM
I guess my end conclusion is even though it connects something is bad wrong with the dlp txrx-g. I am amazed I got to run as good as it was running. It was linked to the high idle problem I was having also as it will come right down to an idle. I guess I might have cooked it with my old soldering iron before I got the nice Weller station. Would still like to make it work some day probably just going to hook up the ssi4 box with the lc1 and dattalog that way.