PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cal 'Pause'...

ShelGame
06-18-2014, 10:12 PM
My original goal with BoostButton was always to support the DIY tuner. I'd like to get back to that, so I'm discontinuing custom cals for the time being. This will allow me time to work on the custom hardware, code and tutorials I've been wanting to do for a while (err, promising?), but haven't been able to get to. Sorry for any inconvenience, but it will work out for the best in the end. Of course, I will continue to support current customers; and all hardware is still available (flashable computers, cables, chips, etc.)

cordes
06-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Very cool Rob. I'm looking forward to any new developments.

ShelGame
06-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Mostly just stuff that's been in the works for a while. But, I do want to find time to figure out the EATX flashing...

DoubleD
06-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Rob,
I am ready to continue tuning the T3 SBECII with you. I have been data logging my current chip and look forward to collaborate with you to make some solid tunes. I know there is interest in a tune for T3's that goes beyond what +40's are capable of.

wowzer
06-19-2014, 03:17 PM
does this mean i have to get off my butt too?!! :)

DoubleD
06-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Morris,
You still want my file you asked for a couple of weeks ago, my computer does not recognize that I am using a FTDI cable.

Shadowv4l
06-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Rob, I keep forgetting to email that form to you. I filled it out with my order but for some reason it never went through :(

ShelGame
06-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Morris,
You still want my file you asked for a couple of weeks ago, my computer does not recognize that I am using a FTDI cable.

The computer doesn't recognize it? Or MP Tune doesn't?

wowzer
06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Morris,

did you make sure you checked the "VCP" box in the ftdi driver setup? you may want to uninstall (and clean from the pc) the ftdi driver, download the one from the ftdichip website, and reinstall (making sure you check the vcp option). when mptune starts it should id the ftdi cable automatically and show it in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

what does it say down in the left hand corner when you start mptune?

DoubleD
06-20-2014, 02:03 PM
I uninstalled the drivers and installed a fresh set of drivers, it does recognize the FTDI cable in both MPTune and MPScan now. If I am using MPScan away from the car, the com port will change to 27 automatically down in the corner. Then if I close the app, plug it back into the car and re-open the app. I still have to go and change the port to the proper one to show the FTDI cable. It does not automatically choose the FTDI port. Running windows XP on a small, low power netbook.

wowzer
06-20-2014, 03:42 PM
DD - i have a version of mptune that logs the com port stuff when you start the program. pm me your email and i'll send it to you with directions. the next version will have this built in but the release date is a ways out yet.

Force Fed Mopar
06-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Mostly just stuff that's been in the works for a while. But, I do want to find time to figure out the EATX flashing...

Yay! I already have the black V6 auto Daytona prioritized to help with this, got a good later model parts trans already, just have to buy the high-energy rebuild kit. Also, as soon as I get my 2.4 block and T2 rods out of hock at the machine shop, I'll be sending you the SBEC for a flash module. I still have the socketed '85 LM you did for me, and the socketed/switchable GLHS LM, and I have most of the parts to put a Charger together to test those with, just need time to put it together. So I should hopefully be able to help sort out the coding for the GLHS, '84-86 LM, EATX TCM, and the 3.0 SBEC. I also have a 3.0 SMEC on hand if there's any call for that.

DoubleD
06-21-2014, 02:20 PM
I sent you an email.

eski
07-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Rob,
I am ready to continue tuning the T3 SBECII with you. I have been data logging my current chip and look forward to collaborate with you to make some solid tunes. I know there is interest in a tune for T3's that goes beyond what +40's are capable of.

Nice.. Then I am not only one.

DoubleD
07-01-2014, 09:46 AM
There are quite a few people that I have been in contact with that want a T3 tune that goes beyond the +40's. I have a list going, my goal is to make a stable tune that will make over 400 at the wheels on Premium, currently using 72lb injectors.

Force Fed Mopar
07-01-2014, 10:36 AM
It really shouldn't be that hard to do, just scale for injector and map, continue the timing and fuel table curves.

DoubleD
07-01-2014, 10:44 AM
It is not that hard for some, I don't have many problems tuning myself. But the masses would like to buy some things, install some parts. Download a file and drive. Most people like the ease of the stage tunes available. Not everyone who owns a T3 car understands how to tune or wants to dive deep into it. The T3 tunes that are available right now are for very heavily built engines with lots of port work. It is not that simple yet.

ShelGame
07-01-2014, 06:38 PM
BoostButton.com is down right now due to a server issue (they must have changed some software on the server, my store software is kind of old). It's not intentional that EVERYTHING is off-line. Only custom cals were taken off (temporarily).

Tom is working on the site, hopefully he can fix it. If not, I'll be upgrading to newer software soon, I guess....

Ondonti
07-03-2014, 10:22 PM
You have any use for a 5 speed SBECII 3.0 P body ecu? I think I have 2 "damaged" ones. One only lacks the ability to ground the coil, the other has a weird hiccup/cutout only at ~2200 rpms but not above or below.
I did video datalogging and found that the WOT timing on auto vs 5 speed in SBEC II is the same in real life, and that the timing is a bit more aggressive than the 1989 van stuff.

ShelGame
07-04-2014, 08:57 PM
You have any use for a 5 speed SBECII 3.0 P body ecu? I think I have 2 "damaged" ones. One only lacks the ability to ground the coil, the other has a weird hiccup/cutout only at ~2200 rpms but not above or below.
I did video datalogging and found that the WOT timing on auto vs 5 speed in SBEC II is the same in real life, and that the timing is a bit more aggressive than the 1989 van stuff.

I don't really have much use for a 3.0 ECU. But, I could probably use it for flash experiments. There is a risk of bricking it. The Toshiba chips are not very, ahem, fault tolerant when it comes to erasing and reflashing.

ShelGame
07-05-2014, 08:41 AM
There should be a new BoostButton webstore soon. I got the software installed on my PC and figured out how to set it up. Hopefully I can get started installing it on the server today...

turbovanmanČ
07-07-2014, 09:44 PM
WOO HOO, 4 speed auto computers, :clap:

ShelGame
07-08-2014, 04:26 PM
WOO HOO, 4 speed auto computers, :clap:

Ha! Not for a while...

ShelGame
07-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Sorry I've been out of touch the past week or so. I've been trying to get BoostButton.com back up and running.

So, time for a new website preview. Please let me know if you find something 'broken'. I haven't been thru the entire site myself yet to check everything. But, I do know that the shipping calculator isn't working right yet, and PayPal isn't setup. So, you can't buy anything yet. Hopefully it will be open soon.

This is just the preview address, it will be up at the original address when it's ready. http://www.boostbutton.com/store

Keito
07-09-2014, 05:34 AM
Looks good Rob!
PM sent.

wowzer
07-09-2014, 09:32 AM
yep - looks good - i like the brighter/whiter look.

ShelGame
07-09-2014, 09:39 AM
yep - looks good - i like the brighter/whiter look.

Yeah, it's growing on me. I like the dark look, but it just doesn't work on phones/tablets. This new store has software that automatically re-formats it for a phone or tablet, and it was impossible to read gray text on a black background on a screen that small. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the white works much better on a small screen.

Oh, and PayPal is now setup. So, technically, the store is open. But, I'm still testing/checking things out. I'll move it to the permanent address tonight (hopefully) @ www.boostbutton.com.

turbovanmanČ
07-10-2014, 02:50 AM
Ha! Not for a while...

Damn! :(

ShelGame
08-31-2014, 09:14 PM
Custom cals un-paused. Officially. http://www.boostbutton.com/store/19-custom-ecu-s-and-calibrations

Still working on pictures. Hopefully have those up later.

Fox
08-31-2014, 09:33 PM
any progress on the bang bang style staging limiter ?

ShelGame
08-31-2014, 09:42 PM
any progress on the bang bang style staging limiter ?

For the SMEC, done and posted (T/SMEC V19.5) For the SBEC, it works, I just need to fix my brake switch wiring and confirm it works correctly on the switch status change and I'll post it as well.