PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

jre97
09-04-2006, 02:33 PM
I've got a 2.5cb in my basement and I was thinking big and evil for this motor. I'd like to do a 16v head on it. Are there any good sites with a step by step build? i've looked on the dodge garage and couldn't find anything about 16v swaps. Maybe i just overlooked it. I figured it would be a good winter project and it will probably finsd a home in either the daytona or I might look for a p-body.

Speedeuphoria
09-04-2006, 03:44 PM
read this thread http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113971
and juxsa also has a link to a website that he organized most of the info

like Russ said it would also be a start to compare head gaskets at the parts store

Russ Jerome
09-04-2006, 06:20 PM
First thing to do is score a 2.0 or 2.4 DOHC head from a salvage yard.
With that in hand it will help a lot in visualizing what has to happen.
Looking at pics on the net will be frustrating without a head in your hand.

jre97
09-05-2006, 12:17 AM
First thing to do is score a 2.0 or 2.4 DOHC head from a salvage yard.
With that in hand it will help a lot in visualizing what has to happen.
Looking at pics on the net will be frustrating without a head in your hand.
Will the non-turbo exhaust vavles be fine or will I need to switch them? Is plugging the oil return holes really necessary? I'd think the gasket would do a good enough job of that.Do you have to use the dohc head? There a sohc 16v neon heads all over ebay.

WVRampage
09-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Will the non-turbo exhaust vavles be fine or will I need to switch them? Is plugging the oil return holes really necessary? I'd think the gasket would do a good enough job of that.Do you have to use the dohc head? There a sohc 16v neon heads all over ebay.

I have wondered about the neon single cam head it still flows much beter than out 8V heads and are easy to find. I wonder how much more or less work would be needed to make this work as I have a 86 2.2 block in need of a head and a rebuild and have been thinking of geting a head and seeing whats involed in making it work.

MiniMoparKing
09-24-2006, 06:32 AM
I'd be interested in the results as well.

Wouldn't using a SOHC head simplify things a bit too?

Speedeuphoria
09-24-2006, 09:20 PM
well not as much as you would think

here's where the info is at
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110695

shelbyplaya
09-25-2006, 11:59 PM
you can start by buying my compleated 2.0l 16v DOHC head...