PDA

View Full Version : SDAC 24 Early Drag Racing

Joe_Van_Duno
06-13-2014, 10:38 AM
I think this has been asked in other venues, but not sure what exactly came of it. The drag strip that we will be using for SDAC has an event called "Real Street Drags" on Friday night. Basically it's a clocks off race where you can spot cars out, have flash light starts, instant green, normal tree, basically anything goes. Of course they also just have normal just test and tune lanes also. No matter how you start, you'll still get time slips, just no times are shown on the board, just win lights.

Would anyone be interested in going? I think it would be a blast to invade RSD with some of our turbo dodges. Most people there know my van, and I've heard people say it runs 10's so not many people want to race, or if they do they want spots, but some of the unknown guys could possibly make some money.

I'm pretty sure that JohnnyIroc and myself will be there to put down a couple test passes, and I doubt it would take much arm twisting to get Jaren to bring the daytona out. The more TD'ers that show the more fun it is. I think admission will be either $35 or $40 to race or $15 to spectate.

Humm.... Maybe Marybeth's TurboBlu and the Gray Ghost can go head to head. I know she's looking for redemption from this race ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPxit_wTTtQ

So anyone interested?

K3719er
06-13-2014, 10:42 AM
I would love to bring my Daytona out to this - I don't think it's anywhere near Me though.

dodgeshadowchik
06-13-2014, 11:17 AM
LOL! It would probably be a good race! Well, as long as they both hold together. :)

85boostbox
06-13-2014, 01:03 PM
I'll bring my Silverado ss

Joe_Van_Duno
06-13-2014, 01:46 PM
I would love to bring my Daytona out to this - I don't think it's anywhere near Me though.

I'm guessing from Washington state, so yeah, that would be a bit of a drive.

I'll bring my Silverado ss

Why not, I've seen lots of cars and trucks racing. Might be able to get a race out of someone. Heck, I'll race ya for fun. Spot you out a few truck lengths too :D

LOL! It would probably be a good race! Well, as long as they both hold together.

Yeah, maybe we shouldn't actually race each other. We don't want to shut down both lanes with oil slicks. Lets wait till tuesday, that way it's only our friends who are pissed at us.

Ondonti
06-13-2014, 10:48 PM

The tracks in Western Washington state are very ANTI fun or participation. They are all about brackets, more so then the tracks in other places that I used to think were all about brackets.

You are near Portland which has fun races every Friday and Saturday night. Makes me want to move there.

K3719er
06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Actually that's not that far. I live on the outskirts of Olympia.

85boostbox
06-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Yea I'll definitely need a few truck lengths lol. It's a mid 14 truck lol