PDA

View Full Version : egt temps at idle high

Turbo Joe
06-11-2014, 09:33 PM
well at idle my egt temps are a little warm.. like 950-1000* thinking maybe my cams aren't centerlined correctly? whats a normal range for temps at idle? and part throttle cruising people are seeing? also vacume is a little low too but i'm told lonewolf stage2 cams are a little like that.. this is for a T3 btw.. thanks all

ATaylorRacing
06-12-2014, 11:20 AM
That's about what I have on Matchbox...carb motor.

contraption22
06-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Low idle vacuum, without a cal that is tuned for it, can cause a rich condition. The map sensor sees low vacuum and the puter adds fuel to compensate. This can drive EGT's up. But I don't think what you are seeing is especially high.

Turbo Joe
06-12-2014, 04:41 PM
That's about what I have on Matchbox...carb motor. ok thanks

Low idle vacuum, without a cal that is tuned for it, can cause a rich condition. The map sensor sees low vacuum and the puter adds fuel to compensate. This can drive EGT's up. But I don't think what you are seeing is especially high.
As a matter of fact yes, the tune is a basic TIII tune to get it running, just scaled for 3 bar and large injectors.. but i did add a little too much fuel during the warm up transition and moved the transition temp scale a little.. I'll have to get it right and go from there.. but I thought i remembered my 8v running at idle a little cooler, like around the 7-800 range? but its been a while so maybe i dont remember to good..lol.. thanks for the input :)

contraption22
06-12-2014, 06:29 PM
ok thanks

As a matter of fact yes, the tune is a basic TIII tune to get it running, just scaled for 3 bar and large injectors.. but i did add a little too much fuel during the warm up transition and moved the transition temp scale a little.. I'll have to get it right and go from there.. but I thought i remembered my 8v running at idle a little cooler, like around the 7-800 range? but its been a while so maybe i dont remember to good..lol.. thanks for the input :)

That is the tricky thing about EGT's. The same data doesn't really transfer from engine to engine. There are so many variables that effect EGT, you can't even compare to very similar engines, let alone a 16v to an 8v. You have to learn what's normal for YOUR engine and interpret the readings from there.