PDA

View Full Version : shadow/sundance restoration parts

nomercy811
06-02-2014, 04:59 PM
is there a good place to buy new door and window seals. stuff like that. im trying to get all the wind and water leaks fixed and the local chrysler dealer told me they cant get anything for my car any more

135sohc
06-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Belt line outside seals.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?68750-P-Body-Window-Sweeps-are-here!-Dodge-Shadow-Plymouth-Sundance&highlight=window

For the inside.
http://www.dannoenterprises.com/256XPage.htm
Those are pretty close to the original product. unless you pointed it out I don't think anyone would be the wiser.

For the glass channel and the actual door seal its going to be either adapt something else or used takeouts from donors.

nomercy811
06-03-2014, 09:04 AM
when you say actual door seal do you mean the one on the body up at the roof that goes down the a pillar? and thanks for thee info

ajakeski
06-03-2014, 01:19 PM
If you need the window channels for the door windows, we have some nice used sets.

135sohc
06-03-2014, 06:29 PM
when you say actual door seal do you mean the one on the body up at the roof that goes down the a pillar? and thanks for thee info

The perimeter door seal.

The drip line/gutter seal the one that runs across the roof and down the A pillar. I have found the ones from the first gen cloud cars (stratus/breeze/cirrus) are a very good fit and work fine.

nomercy811
06-04-2014, 04:32 PM
The perimeter door seal.

The drip line/gutter seal the one that runs across the roof and down the A pillar. I have found the ones from the first gen cloud cars (stratus/breeze/cirrus) are a very good fit and work fine. nice good tip thanks

nomercy811
06-05-2014, 09:15 PM
so i went out today to the junk yard and found a plymouth breeze... it was a 4 door but i tried the door seal anyways. i cut it to fit and it works great. i also bent my window frame on the doors in a bit. and now i have 0 wind noise.. kick ---.

135sohc
06-05-2014, 09:34 PM
You can do one better and help seal up even more. Autozone (among others) sells some universal rubber tube weatherstripping with a sticky strip on the back. On the B pillar where the door closes up to the B pillar you can run a piece from the roof gutter to the belt line or even further down and it helps cut the wind noise. On the nicer K based cars like the dynasty/new yorker/imperial and lebaron coupe chrysler actually did that way back when.

nomercy811
06-07-2014, 02:51 AM
cool.. yea im working on tryin to get my car to ride like a new car. im sick of the rattles and shakes. i will some day have a "brand new" sundance lol