PDA

View Full Version : Neon rear suspension on TD?

20w/ashelby
09-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Has anyone ever tried this? even thought of it? I've glanced it over and think it wouldn't be impossible. Some day when I have more time than sense I'm going to do this.

looneytuner
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
I have thought about it also. Mine would be on GTS's. Might need reinforcement plates welded to body where it mounts. Mine would would also be a wider track than Neon. Good question.

20w/ashelby
09-04-2006, 11:53 PM
That would be a lot of help to the poor rear suspension of most turbo dodges. I haven't looked into closely enough to know how hard it would be to do but I wanted to see if anyone else's gears are turning.

mpgmike
09-05-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm not that familiar with the Neon suspension. I know there is info on mounting front suspension components to an L body for the low $$ perf stuff, but what would be the advantage to the rear Neon suspension on a TD?

Mike

Garret
09-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Neon is IRS, which honestly wouldn't be that much better than the solid rear that is in there. If you put on a Koni and Eibach combo with an adjustable panhard bar and rear bar you'd never notice the difference between IRS and twist beam

show-off
09-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Good to boostedmopar.com and look at the MANY write-ups those guys are doing with SRT-4, eclipse, mirage shocks & struts. Lots of good info. There is an omni with SRT Stage 3 suspension & wilwoode brakes.