PDA

View Full Version : L body 2.4 with t350 trans fitment and mounts.

bgbmxer
05-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Looking into a srt4 engine with the t350 trans in an lbody. Have this setup in my 1st gen neon and would like the same deal in my charger. Anyone make mounts, what for axles? Ect

contraption22
05-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Looking into a srt4 engine with the t350 trans in an lbody. Have this setup in my 1st gen neon and would like the same deal in my charger. Anyone make mounts, what for axles? Ect

Not sure about the driver's side mount, as I am running an automatic, but I got the passenger mount from SRT4omni.com. I don't see mounts for the T350 in his offerings.

turbo84voyager
05-27-2014, 10:56 AM
I would think ( could be wrong) the neon drivers trans mount would work, The too many neons pass side works fine in the L bodies. The one mike is using is in my opinion a better option since even if you were to shear the bolt the engine cannot drop down much. The bigest issue is the pass side axle from the T350 since it does not have the extension housing. Check out www.neonsquirt.com (http://www.neonsquirt.com). there is a brief write-up on the T350 in a L body.

Best option would be to use one of our 5-spd transmissions but if you do get an older 2.4 block. I was going to go this route and bolt it to a A555 but the later blocks have the oil passage and it makes mounting the starter in the back a real pain. I clearanced my block (03 SRT) enough for the ND starter but I still needed to modify the starter and I ended up deciding to go auto and not deal with the headaches anymore. This is not an issue with the earlier blocks.

bgbmxer
05-27-2014, 05:43 PM
I plan on just getting a srt or pt motor. Know where a few are. I can get a t350 for free cause i have one in the garage. Less fitment issues with starters and such. Motor mounts and axles would be the only problem then

Force Fed Mopar
05-28-2014, 07:33 AM
You'll have to figure out the clutch linkage also. I'm about 65% sure that a Neon cable could work :) The later T350 HD's are hydro though so if you want to use that you'll have to make up hydraulics. I'm debating doing this in my Daytona.

bgbmxer
05-28-2014, 07:49 AM
You'll have to figure out the clutch linkage also. I'm about 65% sure that a Neon cable could work :) The later T350 HD's are hydro though so if you want to use that you'll have to make up hydraulics. I'm debating doing this in my Daytona.

planned on running the non hydro setup. Same as in my swapped car