PDA

View Full Version : FTDI Cable and macbook bootcamp windows combo not working?

going4speed
05-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Is this even technically possible? I have a mid 2012 macbook pro with bootcamp and windows 7. I have installed the ftdi drivers, enable com port, and this thing will not work. six hours I've tried including tons of searching and I'm thinking it just wont work on a macbook due to the com port setup.
With out the com port turn on which I had to do through legacy hardware installation the mpscan shows no com port found. Now with the com turned on through legacy it shows up on the bottom left as a com port. However when you try log or anything else it says no com port found:mad:

going4speed
05-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Ok figured out the com port deal. wow what a mess. That stuff is not easy.

wowzer
05-13-2014, 11:55 PM
what did you do to get it working? others might benefit from your experience. and if i can make changes to the program to help i will.

going4speed
05-14-2014, 08:43 AM
For some reason the FTDI installation was not working as stated on their website. I removed the initial install and went through it again and finally got the com port to show up in MPScan. Amazing program by the way. Thanks so much for going to this trouble. I need to figure out what I'm looking at though for sure. My o2 voltage level seems to jump all over the place at the same time as the car is idling funny so I'm not sure if its the o2 sensor causing the issue or something else. All the other sensors look pretty solid. Cant find the SDS sensor output in the sensor diagnostics which is where I was looking at the sensor outputs. Also can get the graphical gauges to work they just sit there looking pretty.